Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Great energy but dont think hes anyway near good enough technically to be a regular starter at this level. 2 goals and 2 assists is no way near good enough considering hes spent a large part of the season as an attacking midfielder. Needs to work on his right foot. Massive handicap being so one footed when trying to beat a man 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Singling out individual players is a waste of time , pretty well all of them are not at their best and we know the reason why.

Are you implying that KDH wants to use his right foot, but BR won’t allow it?

Can anyone hazard a guess why Rodgers has taken to playing KDH on the right side of the midfield pivot? I don't think I've ever seen a left footed CM played in an inverted way. Really don't think this is helping KDH's form as he looks so awkward out there and we've lost his link ups on the left with Barnes and the LB. Another example of our elite manager's genius....

47 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Can anyone hazard a guess why Rodgers has taken to playing KDH on the right side of the midfield pivot? I don't think I've ever seen a left footed CM played in an inverted way. Really don't think this is helping KDH's form as he looks so awkward out there and we've lost his link ups on the left with Barnes and the LB. Another example of our elite manager's genius....

To get Maddison in that position so he can cut in on his right foot and create havoc is my guess. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shailen said:

To get Maddison in that position so he can cut in on his right foot and create havoc is my guess. 

Which would make sense if Madders wasn’t playing off the RW for most of the season.

KDH needs to find last seasons form and sharpish as we need his energy but his fall from captain material to squad filler I baffling and a tad depressing.

Was absolutely fantastic today. Brilliant play for the goal but generally mopped up well in midfield. Even made a few decent passes with his right foot!

Way too much pressure on an experienced player, but he's the kind of guy that can lift the levels of the team through his energy and desire, which will be integral for the rest of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

They criticise him because he isn't good enough. 

He isn't a good tackle, passer, shooter or crosser. He doesn't dictate play nor does he have the ability to slow things down when needed. He's local and runs really fast. But that's it. That's his whole game. He's playing a level above where he should be. 

• Like 2

Maybe he can answer why he will pass back all the way to the defence when he is about 10m from their box after joining in a movement between Barnes and VK.  

Can anyone honestly say what he brings to this team and what his strength is?

He stinks out any sort of progressive play we start, puts his defence under pressure by passing back at any opportunity.  Has to turn 270 degrees to pass the ball as it can’t touch his right foot. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The way our fans pick on players from our academy is so embarrassing. In the current setup very few of our players are performing so why pick out him?

More embarrassing the way fans mollycoddle players from the academy whether they're good enough or not. Just so they can wank over having a local lad. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The way our fans pick on players from our academy is so embarrassing. In the current setup very few of our players are performing so why pick out him?

Stop picking on the dog shit footballer on £sss a week that is part of the team of players plunging this club into relegation and financial difficulties. 

26 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They criticise him because he isn't good enough. 

He isn't a good tackle, passer, shooter or crosser. He doesn't dictate play nor does he have the ability to slow things down when needed. He's local and runs really fast. But that's it. That's his whole game. He's playing a level above where he should be. 

He’s our modern day Robbie Savage.

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I would say over the last twelve months he's been criticised a lot less than others precisely because he's from the academy. 

• Like 4