Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

18 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Really f**ked tonight up for us. 1 more minute and he was coming off for Ricardo. Thanks KDH…

The coaches procrastinated for ages over the substitution as well. It took about 5 minutes, they kept going backwards and forwards, looking at clipboards, talking together, then with Ricardo. We could see it happening over the other side. KDH was having a shocker and needed to be subbed, it was taking way too long. Just as Ricardo got to the touchline the ref and Young got KDH sent off. 

• Like 1

When's Tielemans back?

The sooner we play a midfield 3 of Mendy, Tielemans and Maddison, the sooner we can start actually creating from midfield. We might even win a game of football.

N'didi and KDH bang out of form. Give Praet a go in the meantime.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

When's Tielemans back?

The sooner we play a midfield 3 of Mendy, Tielemans and Maddison, the sooner we can start actually creating from midfield. We might even win a game of football.

If we see Tielemans in a city kit again I'll be amazed.

1 hour ago, Fansincethe80s said:

This!!! He isn’t Premier League quality, why we keep picking him I’ll never know, he unbalances the team, if he wasn’t local we as fans wouldn’t want him in the team.

And if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

1 hour ago, Trev3939 said:

Mature this 

IMG_2190.png

Fair play. Could have gone all Brendan and said "thank you to the supporters for clapping me off. I gave everything and honestly felt I could complete the 90 mins. On this occasion, I haven't been backed by the referee"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

When's Tielemans back?

Mendy and Tielemans are out of contract in 9 matches, and Maddison is probably leaving as well this summer.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

He's definitely good enough. Certainly as part of our squad. 

It's actually the fact he's local that makes everyone go from one extreme to the other with him. It's happened with every youth player I can remember at one stage. Go from £50m+ players to competition winners with you lot. 

Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza, Thomas, KDH, Liam Moore. Literally all of them.

This is definitely true. Personally I’ve never seen the hype with him. 

Technically he has never shown he is consistently up to PL level.

His redeeming quality is his engine, but you need considerably more than that to consistently hold down a starting position. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Fair play. Could have gone all Brendan and said "thank you to the supporters for clapping me off. I gave everything and honestly felt I could complete the 90 mins. On this occasion, I haven't been backed by the referee"

Love this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

He could also add: “I thought I was excellent. My teammates, who the club should have replaced in the difficult summer we had, also played their hearts out and we could not fault them for their efforts.”

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

The coaches procrastinated for ages over the substitution as well. It took about 5 minutes, they kept going backwards and forwards, looking at clipboards, talking together, then with Ricardo. We could see it happening over the other side. KDH was having a shocker and needed to be subbed, it was taking way too long. Just as Ricardo got to the touchline the ref and Young got KDH sent off. 

He then got applauded as he left the pitch as if he’d scored a hat trick. Our fan base is very interesting at times 

• Like 1

Some of the hate for this young lad from some quarters of our fan base is astonishing.

He's out of form at the moment because he's young and had Brendans stink all over him.

But he was the first name on the team sheet at the start of the season. The whole team have been crap and I don't like us singling out a local young lad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Some of the hate for this young lad from some quarters of our fan base is astonishing.

He's out of form at the moment because he's young and had Brendans stink all over him.

But he was the first name on the team sheet at the start of the season. The whole team have been crap and I don't like us singling out a local young lad.

He’s 25 this summer should be in the peak of his career.

He’s not a young (in football terms anyway)

Even out of form his pressing high up the pitch was excellent. There were quite a few occasions where if the ball had bounced more kindly after he'd put the pressure on, we'd have been away and creating.

Then there was the time he won the ball high up, it came to Maddison who overhit his pass to Vardy who should've been clean through but it ended up with Martinez making an easy clearance.

A red card isn't ideal in our situation. He knows that. But having a combative midfielder in the side always presents that risk.

Things didn't go his way last night. He'll bounce back and perhaps the game off will help him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

When's Tielemans back?

I don’t think we will see Youri again unfortunately. If you were him, you’d just make out you aren’t fit until the seasons done. He isn’t staying, so there’s no incentive for him to play. I think we’ve seen the last of him.