Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

KDH and Choudhury in a midfield wouldn’t be a midfield I’d be looking to have in The Championship. Not enough quality or creativity for a team trying to bounce back. 

In a midfield 3 with the right third person (not sure who that’d be) they’d be absolutely fine. The third person would have to address the points you have raised. 

If a midfield two, I’d happily have one playing and one bench/squad. 

• Sad 1

Had a shocker today, but people need to stop being so quick to knock our own lads that have already proven they're capable at this level. 

KDH, Barnes & even Thomas get way too much stick when they've clearly been mismanaged and are low on confidence.

They will be integral going forward at any level we are playing at.

• Like 3

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

In a midfield 3 with the right third person (not sure who that’d be) they’d be absolutely fine. The third person would have to address the points you have raised. 

I don’t think having 2 limited midfielders in a 3 is a wise choice even in The Championship. Why would you want to only have one midfielder in a 3 that had the appropriate quality and creativity? I’d rather have one quality CDM and two midfielders with quality, energy and creativity. There’s plenty of better quality midfielders than KDH and Hamza in The Championship if we are being honest. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Had a shocker today, but people need to stop being so quick to knock our own lads that have already proven they're capable at this level. 

KDH, Barnes & even Thomas get way too much stick when they've clearly been mismanaged and are low on confidence.

They will be integral going forward at any level we are playing at.

I think the opposite.

KDH in particular gets so much LESS flak than a non academy player.

I’m one of the people who you said that have been “quick to knock one of our own lads” in KDH but I’m not making comments based on this ONE game, he’s been below average ALL season.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

only trouble is, you mark that one person out of the game then we are done for. Crop him, or he gets injured, or sent off and we’d be toothless. You need to spread the creativity to give the opposition more than one problem to focus on.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

I don’t think having 2 limited midfielders in a 3 is a wise choice even in The Championship. Why would you want to only have one midfielder in a 3 that had the appropriate quality and creativity? I’d rather have one quality CDM and two midfielders with quality, energy and creativity. There’s plenty of better quality midfielders than KDH and Hamza in The Championship if we are being honest. 

More on Vicky park Sunday mornings

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

only trouble is, you mark that one person out of the game then we are done for. Crop him, or he gets injured, or sent off and we’d be toothless. You need to spread the creativity to give the opposition more than one problem to focus on.

This is spot on.

When we started stuttering under Rodgers, you could argue was because teams realised our only quality at CM was Youri and if you cut off his lines/press him to pass to Ndidi/KDH etc then we’re most likely giving up possession within seconds 👀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think the opposite.

KDH in particular gets so much LESS flak than a non academy player.

I’m one of the people who you said that have been “quick to knock one of our own lads” in KDH but I’m not making comments based on this ONE game, he’s been below average ALL season.

In case you hadn't noticed; everyone has been way below average for nearly 2 years.

He was one of the best players in the Championship at Luton then broke into our first team and was very good for a season or so in the Prem. At the very least he is an integral squad player at any level we are at.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I think KDH will tick a lot more boxes in the championship basically.

And realism, what calibre of players are you expecting?

KDH and another in a two, as I say, the right partner will be absolutely fine. 

• Like 1

Showed real promise last season but apart from that goal at Liverpool he’s done virtually nothing of merit for the past six months and is now a one-footed liability who can’t even make a simple pass from A to B. Another player destroyed by Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

So in a two, KDH and another is fine.

My reference to a 3, look at it as the championship version of when we had

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

but for the championship 

Choudhury

New cm      KDH

KDH has shown he can be an effective box to box midfielder in the championship already.

I think the notion we are going to go down and suddenly upgrade on these players is massively unrealistic and people will be in for a shock.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think KDH will tick a lot more boxes in the championship basically.

And realism, what calibre of players are you expecting?

KDH and another in a two, as I say, the right partner will be absolutely fine. 

I just don’t see an ‘absolutely fine’ championship midfield as something we should strive for. KDH isn’t as good as the Championship midfielders we had under Pearson - Drinkwater, James and even King were all better than KDH is now. 

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

So in a two, KDH and another is fine.

My reference to a 3, look at it as the championship version of when we had

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

but for the championship 

Choudhury

New cm      KDH

KDH has shown he can be an effective box to box midfielder in the championship already.

I think the notion we are going to go down and suddenly upgrade on these players is massively unrealistic and people will be in for a shock.

I confidently will die on the sword on this one.

We would NOT get promoted with a midfield 3 that regularly plays Hamza and KDH mate.

I often agree with almost all your posts but clearly have very differing views on this one.

I would say that a rotation of KDH/Hamza wouldn’t be the worst choice but that screams of Ndidi/Mendy football under Puel.

• Like 1

Unless I've wildly misremembered when he first broke into the team he seemed really adept at squeezing out of tricky situations or looking after the ball, and he had a controlled bite to him. It's all just completely vanished. Can't fault his endeavour but he hasn't progressed as it looked like he might.

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

He's had that decent spell when he first came into the side but over time, he's been found out, not good enough but will be OK in the Championship with others like Choudhury. 

Pretty sure Hamza's contract runs out in the summer. I'd imagine he will be moving on 

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I just don’t see an ‘absolutely fine’ championship midfield as something we should strive for. KDH isn’t as good as the Championship midfielders we had under Pearson - Drinkwater, James and even King were all better than KDH is now. 

KDH would be a stand out player for most championship sides.

We will have no strikers or attacking midfielders so we can’t be having unrealistic expectations about replacing the likes of KDH!

Many people are going to be in for a huge shock…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I confidently will die on the sword on this one.

We would NOT get promoted with a midfield 3 that regularly plays Hamza and KDH mate.

I often agree with almost all your posts but clearly have very differing views on this one.

I would say that a rotation of KDH/Hamza wouldn’t be the worst choice but that screams of Ndidi/Mendy football under Puel.

Forget the 3 as I’d rather us play with a 2 anyway.

KDH and another with Choudhury as a squad player will do what we need. Many other priorities to focus on than recruit 2 centre midfielders to bump KDH to a squad player in the championship.