Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I just don’t see an ‘absolutely fine’ championship midfield as something we should strive for. KDH isn’t as good as the Championship midfielders we had under Pearson - Drinkwater, James and even King were all better than KDH is now. 

People forget how good Drinkwater was 2013-2017

Top level player for a good few years

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Signed a new one before going out on loan didn't he? Not sure if Watford have an option to buy though.

Ah yeah I didn't know that had happened. He signed a 1 year extension but Watford have an option in the summer 

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

KDH would be a stand out player for most championship sides.

We will have no strikers or attacking midfielders so we can’t be having unrealistic expectations about replacing the likes of KDH!

Many people are going to be in for a huge shock…

You are either his mate, one of his family or Kiernan himself. You also comment on here as if the majority of us don’t know The Championship! Many of us watch it week in, week out! KDH will obviously be a better option in the lower league than he is in the Prem but he wouldn’t be a standout player for many if any of the teams that are vying for promotion this year. 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was great for Luton in the Championship and I expect he would be good for us as well if we go down

Just isn’t good enough technically to be starting every week in the Prem

He was great for them but then they finished 12th in The Championship that season.

6 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I know it is frustrating at the moment, but is it not better to get behind the players we have and support them to improve? It is like complaining to the people who came to your event about the ones that didn’t. 

Surely forums exist so you can have  an opinion though? 

Edited by funkyrobot

33 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

So in a two, KDH and another is fine.

My reference to a 3, look at it as the championship version of when we had

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

but for the championship 

Choudhury

New cm      KDH

KDH has shown he can be an effective box to box midfielder in the championship already.

I think the notion we are going to go down and suddenly upgrade on these players is massively unrealistic and people will be in for a shock.

So baring in mind we are 19th, you think less creativity will be suffice to get us promoted?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Surely forums exist so you can have air an opinion though? 

Having said that. Do we not, as a whole, want the team to improve and win? 

So, say they do read this forum, which is likely, then, if we were talking to them face to face, would we not be offering constructive criticism or encouragement more than complete destruction of their ability?

by supporting then we all may succeed in reaching our collective goals.

just a thought. 

Just now, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

So, say they do read this forum, which is likely, then, if we were talking to them face to face, would we not be offering constructive criticism or encouragement more than complete destruction of their ability?

just a thought. 

I won’t lie, I love your optimism BUT say the players do read the forum?

Their arrogance/ignorance to our plight this season (as recent as Madders outburst to Rob Tanner’s tweet) makes me dislike this group of players even more.

Losing 20 games already this season with a squad paid the 7th most handsomely is a pretty damning stat if being honest.

5 minutes ago, nnfox said:

MANCHESTER CITY IN MAKING OPPOSITION PLAYER LOOK AVERAGE SHOCKER

No he has being doing that for himself sadly.  

The biggest problem he has, is he is too one footed.

When he first came into the side, he would have been relatively unknown at this level, and he made an impression.

So much so, that im sure the analysts of every premier league club would have been looking for his weaknesses, and sadly KDH weakness is plain to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Their arrogance/ignorance to our plight this season (as recent as Madders outburst to Rob Tanner’s tweet) makes me dislike this group of players even more.

Losing 20 games already this season with a squad paid the 7th most handsomely is a pretty damning stat if being honest.

It would be, if we really knew all the truth behind at they say, how they say it and how we construed it. I don’t really believe the majority of sports people want to fail and relegation to a footballer is a massive failure that, I bet, they always remember. I think, if we could have a drunken chat with any of them, one-to-one, they would be desperate to do all they can to survive. 

5 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

just a thought. 

There’s been a lack of fight, quality and at times effort this season. I’m not sure how constructive you can be about that. It’s a fact. 

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Having said that, IF they do read the forum then… We believe in you and you are more than capable. Lift your heads up and give it all you can. You will reap the rewards and we will love you for it! 

12 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He was great for them but then they finished 12th in The Championship that season.

What do you even mean by that?

He had a good season personally, but because he was at a mid table side it must’ve actually been poor? Players who do well at mid table teams aren’t actually good?

They finished 12th yet he was the highest rated actual centre mid in the whole Championship that season on WhoScored. He was clearly one of the best centre mids in the league that season, even if it was at 12th place Luton.

The guy is so limited it hurts. Reminds of Gallagher at Chelsea in that he isn't good enough to be where Chelsea want to be. Likewise with KDH, if we wanna be back to where we were 2 years KDH shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

• Like 3

He’s so limited because of his inability to use his right foot. I said months ago on this thread he slows us down because of it.

I want to know does he ever pass forwards. 

Again, one of the reasons we are in a relegation battle is because Rodgers trusted players like Dewsbury-Hall who are not good enough.

• Like 1

Guest nathan.

KDH is not a prem CM

His touch is shocking 

His passing is poor

He doesn’t have pace

He only has a left foot

41 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was great for Luton in the Championship and I expect he would be good for us as well if we go down

Just isn’t good enough technically to be starting every week in the Prem

For me the main problem with him is the timing. Right now he's bang below what we need to survive and I doub't he's good enough at this level, but then we go down and he may do well, then we get promoted and we are back to square 1. Unless we go down and he absolutely bosses it and improves massively we will ultimately need to move him on anyway, potentially at the risk of then needing to sign a new player for a newly promoted Leicester city.