Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Just now, gerblod said:

KDH brings aggression into the squad. He's tenacious and willing to carry the ball forward

There's no denying he had a poor game though today. He might do the above and I've been a supporter of his throughout the season. But today from what I saw, he looked a world apart from our own standards, let alone who we were up against. 

First touch is poor, sets him on the back foot and gets himself in unnecessary challenges. Very predictable being so one footed, too - his style of play to constantly get on his left foot makes it easy to defend against or put pressure on. 

He might be aggressive, but he needs to improve on the ball a hell of a lot more.

He might be willing to carry the ball forward, but he makes it difficult for himself when he can't control it properly. 

• Like 3

KDH was phenomenal for sinking and came into the squad and started so well which gave him the confidence.

Lately he's lost it and struggled and after the red card I think he's trying to over do and over think everything when he gets the ball which is slowing him down.

I hope he picks up the confidence again and finds the form from the end of last year and the start of this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

What do you even mean by that?

He had a good season personally, but because he was at a mid table side it must’ve actually been poor? Players who do well at mid table teams aren’t actually good?

They finished 12th yet he was the highest rated actual centre mid in the whole Championship that season on WhoScored. He was clearly one of the best centre mids in the league that season, even if it was at 12th place Luton.

Being a standout player at a mid table side in The Championship is great but the achievements and aspirations of the club is a factor. He didn’t get in The Championship team of the season that year. The midfielders that did were Buendia and Olise. Are you seriously suggesting KDH is at their levels? Look, I like KDH and being POTS at Luton is a great achievement - That being said, I just haven’t honestly seen enough to be confident that he is the solution either as a guaranteed Premier League starter in a club that has higher aspirations than being near the bottom of the table or as a starter in a Championship midfield that will definitely get us promoted. :dunno:

41 minutes ago, gerblod said:

And on and on it goes - the sheep busy ganging up on the next unfortunate - c'mon, we're having a go at KDH now - we're finished with Thomas, Amartey, N'Didi, Daka blah, blah.

If Smith drops him, then y'all might have some basis for your criticising him, but, until then, why not give the constant carping a rest.

Rodgers is the cause of the number of players underperforming. KDH brings aggression into the squad. He's tenacious and willing to carry the ball forward. Those now advocating Praet must have been keeping very quiet while the torch and pitchfork mob were decrying him as ineffective and invisible.

I truly hope that Smith can inject some self-belief back into the squad, but KDH has never lost the determination that's always typified his play. That's something City desperately need now.

Do you think Praet is ineffective and invisible?

9 hours ago, MPH said:

So baring in mind we are 19th, you think less creativity will be suffice to get us promoted?

No, I think KDH has already excelled in the championship and if we focus on getting him the right partner rather than trying to buy two new central midfielders (spreading the budget and getting lesser players as a result), we would still have probably the best options in the league. It would hinge on who the new player is. 

Forget the part about the three as yes, Choudhury would be a squad option at best.

My main point is about those saying bin KDH even if in the championship.

9 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

You are either his mate, one of his family or Kiernan himself. You also comment on here as if the majority of us don’t know The Championship! Many of us watch it week in, week out! KDH will obviously be a better option in the lower league than he is in the Prem but he wouldn’t be a standout player for many if any of the teams that are vying for promotion this year. 

Quite clearly I am none of the above. I am just a realistic supporter.

I do think many probably don’t want championship football or have forgotten it after so many years. I also think others just want to be negative about KDH. Not saying these apply to you by the way.

By all means, he is probably not at the level we need for this league. If we stay up, absolutely let’s aim improve the squad so that he becomes a squad player. That’s how you improve right, rather than buying back up players, buy new starters and bump existing ones down. Completely on board with that.

My point is, if we go down we are going to have a hell of a job building a squad. We will have no wingers or attacking midfielders. The striker situation is a complete unknown. Same with full backs. 

As such, for me, KDH is an obvious shout for one of the cm spots as we will need most of a new team anyway. I would rather us use the budget to get the absolute best partner for him than to try and spread the limited funds to try and buy two new players to bump him down to the bench. I just think that’s how you end up with a weaker side overall. 

We will just have to agree to disagree on the last part. He was a standout for Luton who have consistently been up there asking the question. And as I have consistent said, my view is subject to getting the right player alongside him, not that I know who that would be!

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

There's no denying he had a poor game though today. He might do the above and I've been a supporter of his throughout the season. But today from what I saw, he looked a world apart from our own standards, let alone who we were up against. 

First touch is poor, sets him on the back foot and gets himself in unnecessary challenges. Very predictable being so one footed, too - his style of play to constantly get on his left foot makes it easy to defend against or put pressure on. 

He might be aggressive, but he needs to improve on the ball a hell of a lot more.

He might be willing to carry the ball forward, but he makes it difficult for himself when he can't control it properly. 

The fact he has been in our academy since the age of 8, and is so one footed, is a sad reflection on those coaching him. 

19 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Quite clearly I am none of the above. I am just a realistic supporter.

I do think many probably don’t want championship football or have forgotten it after so many years. I also think others just want to be negative about KDH. Not saying these apply to you by the way.

By all means, he is probably not at the level we need for this league. If we stay up, absolutely let’s aim improve the squad so that he becomes a squad player. That’s how you improve right, rather than buying back up players, buy new starters and bump existing ones down. Completely on board with that.

My point is, if we go down we are going to have a hell of a job building a squad. We will have no wingers or attacking midfielders. The striker situation is a complete unknown. Same with full backs. 

As such, for me, KDH is an obvious shout for one of the cm spots as we will need most of a new team anyway. I would rather us use the budget to get the absolute best partner for him than to try and spread the limited funds to try and buy two new players to bump him down to the bench. I just think that’s how you end up with a weaker side overall. 

We will just have to agree to disagree on the last part. He was a standout for Luton who have consistently been up there asking the question. And as I have consistent said, my view is subject to getting the right player alongside him, not that I know who that would be!

I would also like to add, that after Tielemans got injured, Rodgers idea of moving KDH to the right of midfield, was completely barking, and certainly didn't help his already diminishing confidence.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I would also like to add, that after Tielemans got injured, Rodgers idea of moving KDH to the right of midfield, was completely barking, and certainly didn't help his already diminishing confidence.

This is true.

I wonder whether those saying KDH is not good enough to start in cm if we get relegation feel the same about Iverson in goal. For me, both had similar levels of performance and reputation at similar standing of clubs during their time in the championship. I bet the view is very different of Iverson purely because he has not been in the line up long enough to have his confidence evaporated so people still see him at his best.

30 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is true.

I wonder whether those saying KDH is not good enough to start in cm if we get relegation feel the same about Iverson in goal. For me, both had similar levels of performance and reputation at similar standing of clubs during their time in the championship. I bet the view is very different of Iverson purely because he has not been in the line up long enough to have his confidence evaporated so people still see him at his best.

Iverson is a very good shot stopper but for modern day expectations on keepers has awful distribution.

If we get relegated, (I guess as you’re stating for KDH) we would have bigger issues than starting Iverson.

However, if we stay up, an upgrade and keeping Iverson as number 2 with Ward being sold would be perfect.

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Iverson is a very good shot stopper but for modern day expectations on keepers has awful distribution.

If we get relegated, (I guess as you’re stating for KDH) we would have bigger issues than starting Iverson.

However, if we stay up, an upgrade and keeping Iverson as number 2 with Ward being sold would be perfect.

This bit is my point in regards to both players. Yes, if we stay up we would be wanting to look for upgrades in terms of starting 11.

My points are about if we go down. With the uncertainty it will cause, and the squad turnover we would have (more so than if we stay up), these two are the least of our problems.

In terms of starting 11, we would potentially only have the following to build around;

Iverson

Kristiansen/Thomas (if we keep both of those I think the left back position is fine)

Souttar

KDH

I don’t think Iverson, Souttar and KDH is a bad spine to be working with as bringing in 11 new players to start is just not realistic at all. 

Edited by LCFCJohn

He was poor yesterday and has been for a while but I feel for him playing in that midfield. Ndidi is so far off it at the moment he compromises the rest of the team with the work they have to do recovering from his mistakes. Tilly kept getting caught in possession and couldn’t get up to the tempo of the match to move the ball on quick enough. KDH was trying to make us progress up the field- minus the pass for the third goal- and just couldn’t hit a barn door. Collectively it needs to be better, get Mendy and Praet in there and I think we stand half a chance.

28 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This bit is my point in regards to both players. Yes, if we stay up we would be wanting to look for upgrades in terms of starting 11.

My points are about if we go down. With the uncertainty it will cause, and the squad turnover we would have (more so than if we stay up), these two are the least of our problems.

In terms of starting 11, we would potentially only have the following to build around;

Iverson

Kristiansen/Thomas (if we keep both of those I think the left back position is fine)

Souttar

KDH

I don’t think Iverson, Souttar and KDH is a bad spine to be working with as bringing in 11 new players to start is just not realistic at all. 

I get you point about KDH but we have plenty more players under contract than your list  The club won’t need/be able/want to offload a lot of these players, certainly not to the point that we only have the 5 players you have listed. You miss off Faes, Barnes, Iheanacho, Daka, Castagne, JJ, Ricardo, Ward, Ndidi, Praet. Add breakthrough u23’s like Braybrooke, Alves, Marcal-Madivadua. Some may leave but not to to the extremes you suggest. 

He'll be a big part of a very good championship spine next season

Iversen

Souttar 

KDH

daka/kelechi whoever stays

If we do somehow manage to miraculously stay up I'd have him as a squad player only next season his passing isn't quite good enough for week in week out premier league

• Like 1

Personally I think he is one of a very long line of players who’s confidence is absolutely shot as a result of Rodgers tactics and style of play. In truth there is only Madders and Tielemans that his style suited, the rest were being stifled or being asked to completely change their game to become more progressive and unfortunately as a result personal form and the collective form of the team has suffered to the point where some of these players look mentally drained and the club on the brink of relegation. 

I think next season we see a completely different KDH, ask him to play to his strengths be aggressive, high energy and a ball carrier he will flourish and back to his best and most effective game. 

• Like 2

As only Maddison is deemed "good enough" by some on here, I can assume that they think our standards should be at Man.City levels. It looks to me that if anything if we lose these " not good enough" players ,we will end up with worse replacements. Its time to stop criticing individuals and give the whole team support.

56 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I get you point about KDH but we have plenty more players under contract than your list  The club won’t need/be able/want to offload a lot of these players, certainly not to the point that we only have the 5 players you have listed. You miss off Faes, Barnes, Iheanacho, Daka, Castagne, JJ, Ricardo, Ward, Ndidi, Praet. Add breakthrough u23’s like Braybrooke, Alves, Marcal-Madivadua. Some may leave but not to to the extremes you suggest. 

So I was thinking starting 11. So of the names you have highlighted;

Faes - would imagine he’d leave and go abroad. If h me stays he would start with Souttar.

Barnes - will definitely be off if relegated. He won’t be playing his trade in the championship.

Iheanacho - would imagine he’d get premier league offers or abroad. Too good to play in the championship.

Daka - similar to Nacho. I have more confident he would stay to be fair. If not he’d go back abroad. Can’t see him going to the Prem.

Castagne - has been linked with moves back to Italy which I’d imagine he would do rather than stay in the championship.

Praet - see Castagne

JJ/Ricardo - hard to call due to injuries. 

Ward - don’t think we’d offload but he’d be behind Iverson so didn’t get a mention when I was wondering on starting players.

Ndidi - literally no idea. I think he’d probably leave personally.

The under 23’s likes Alves/Braybrooke and Marcal would be bench/squad.

Edit - so the names I mentioned are who I see as definitely likely to stay of relegated as there as massive question marks over the rest.

Edited by LCFCJohn