Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

29 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If only there was another player we had seen go from a no hoper to a world beater from his mid twenties, then it might be worth not writing players off quite so soon in their careers. Oh well I’m sure it never happens.

Yes, because after all the thing that made Vardy's story so remarkable was just how common that sort of transformation is

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yes, because after all the thing that made Vardy's story so remarkable was just how common that sort of transformation is

It was hardly just Vardy that stepped up late in their careers to near elite levels was it? 

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It was hardly just Vardy that stepped up late in their careers to near elite levels was it? 

No, but those stories are noteworthy because they're rare. I'm assuming that's specifically who you were referring to but if not then my bad.

Of course, he's not a no hoper but a reasonable player with some notable strengths and equally notable weaknesses. He has room to improve and I'm sure he would look rather better in a less dysfunctional, more confident team than the one he's been playing in for the last couple of seasons (though I'd question whether he'd have broken into such a team in the first place). Nonetheless, I think it's entirely fair to say he's not some teenager who's been thrown in at the deep end at this point and he's probably not going to improve all that dramatically, just like Choudhury, Brunt and Hirst probably aren't either. I wouldn't say that's writing him off.

Edited by Guest

I think when everyone around him is low on confidence and form it gives him less breathing space and freedom to do his thing.  He’s not yet got the experience or confidence to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it.

9 hours ago, Mark said:

And yet doesn't have any effect, even though KDH has been off form for a while he still had a chance to score, and an opportunity to assist through two runs forward. Praet is the master of coasting through games and this even goes unnoticed to alot of fans, he will do nothing to change the way a game is going, everything he does is predictable. I'd rather have someone make mistakes through positive play than always playing safe.

Very fair seeing how kdh played 45 mins and praet played 13 really, praet against city had a chance to score and combined with soyuncu to make a good chance

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

No, but those stories are noteworthy because they're rare. I'm assuming that's specifically who you were referring to but if not then my bad.

Of course, he's not a no hoper but a reasonable player with some notable strengths and equally notable weaknesses. He has room to improve and I'm sure he would look rather better in a less dysfunctional, more confident team than the one he's been playing in for the last couple of seasons (though I'd question whether he'd have broken into such a team in the first place). Nonetheless, I think it's entirely fair to say he's not some teenager who's been thrown in at the deep end at this point and he's probably not going to improve all that dramatically, just like Choudhury, Brunt and Hirst probably aren't either. I wouldn't say that's writing him off.

Where did I say they weren’t rare? I just said we’ve got reason to not dismiss someone because of their age.

He really doesn’t have to dramatically improve either, a confidence lift and moderate improvement would suffice.

10 hours ago, Mark said:

And yet doesn't have any effect, even though KDH has been off form for a while he still had a chance to score, and an opportunity to assist through two runs forward. Praet is the master of coasting through games and this even goes unnoticed to alot of fans, he will do nothing to change the way a game is going, everything he does is predictable. I'd rather have someone make mistakes through positive play than always playing safe.

That's exactly it, he had opportunity to score and assist, but what did he do? Missed a sitter from 4 yards on his favour foot and playing the wrong pass like 99% of the time.

20 minutes ago, Topman said:

That's exactly it, he had opportunity to score and assist, but what did he do? Missed a sitter from 4 yards on his favour foot and playing the wrong pass like 99% of the time.

Just re read what you posted..( my bad if it’s misunderstood)

But these mistakes,is also what happens to top players .it’s football.

singling them out and conveniently using against our individual players it’s nonsense… KDH IMO isn’t doing too bad,taking other named stars are struggling, and the major reason we are fighting relegation..

Knee-jerk reactions & comments we all do, but too many just yap on..and go on immature blame trails..

14 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ive said hes not an attacking midfielder, not that i think hes a bad player. 2 goals and 2 assists all season playing from an advanced midfield role shows this. He is however a fighter who gets stuck in and provides great energy to the team which is why i think hes better suited to playing deeper

...he is an #8, good to play on the left of a midfield 3!!!

Out on loan he was very good playing up with the forwards as he played in a central position invariably a #10. He looked a different player, more assured and confident in what he was doing and was not hesitant infront of goal. He is now back at the club and is used in a much deeper role, he puts in a shift, never gives up, but he has not delivered what I feel he believes he is capable of. There needs to be a decision as to how he sees himself from now on, where is his best position, hope Shakey can help him to sort it out.

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just re read what you posted..( my bad if it’s misunderstood)

But these mistakes,is also what happens to top players .it’s football.

singling them out and conveniently using against our individual players it’s nonsense… KDH IMO isn’t doing too bad,taking other named stars are struggling, and the major reason we are fighting relegation..

Knee-jerk reactions & comments we all do, but too many just yap on..and go on immature blame trails..

I'm not singling anyone out at all, but the poster mentioned he got into those positions but what use when you cant make anything 

positive out of it? I know players will miss chances, play the wrong balls but this always happens to him in the final third, he is lost up there, I personally feel he is suited as CDM. In our position we can't afford to waste chances,  seems like at the moment every mistake we made it leads to a goal, Maddison, Youri, Ndidi in the last 3 games in a row

46 minutes ago, Topman said:

I'm not singling anyone out at all, but the poster mentioned he got into those positions but what use when you cant make anything 

positive out of it? I know players will miss chances, play the wrong balls but this always happens to him in the final third, he is lost up there, I personally feel he is suited as CDM. In our position we can't afford to waste chances,  seems like at the moment every mistake we made it leads to a goal, Maddison, Youri, Ndidi in the last 3 games in a row

So in principle those 3 big stars, really fked up…

at least KDH was driving forward…:dunno: or not…

I’m going to take a view on all of our players post next pre season. They’ve not had a proper coach for 4 years, let alone a proper manager. Significant numbers have either gone backwards or not progressed at all. KDH and the rest our now getting (at the very least) session with Shakey who (rightly so) is rated as a coach and this can only benefit him and the others. 

Same for Luke Thomas. 

There was more than promise when he came into the team - a lot of that has been squeezed out of them. It will be interesting to see if working with a set of professionals brings some of that promise back or if it was just a flash in the pan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Koke said:

The guy is 25 in a few months. He's a year younger than Tielemans & Barnes, and 2 years younger than Maddison. 

He's not a kid. I just don't see how he improves drastically to a top half level player anytime soon.

Here lies the problem. In some ways his late start to senior 1st team football seemed to be a surprise and possibly one of the outlier players that crop up at clubs every so often that just get better and better.

However, it's now becoming quite clear that his weaknesses have not improved one iota since stepping in to the PL. His touch is naff and his decision making when driving forward is poor. They are fundamentally possible to improve and I'd hope he can because there's plenty of other qualities he already has that would make him a good PL player. Right now I'd rather have him than not have him but he's not the indispensable 1st name on the teamsheet player that we thought he was set to be.

• Like 4

He didn’t look too happy on Saturday and doesn’t deserve to be starting at the moment. But can make an impact from the bench. He’s a limited technical footballer by his one footedness, but then some of the most effective(if used properly), are limited footballers. My dog could affect a game if used properly for pressing, it’s not rocket science.

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For at least the first half of pre season training I’d wire up his left boot so he gets a few thousand volts every time he kicks the ball with it. A lot if his problems come from being so one footed 

You would hope he'd spend all summer working on his right wouldn't you. And maybe some exercises to work on balance. 

Not his fault really as one footed Ness is often affected by your body build and structure but it can be overcome with hard work and he needs to put the hard yards in as its a glaring weakness of his. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You would hope he'd spend all summer working on his right wouldn't you. And maybe some exercises to work on balance. 

Not his fault really as one footed Ness is often affected by your body build and structure but it can be overcome with hard work and he needs to put the hard yards in as its a glaring weakness of his. 

KDH probably use his right foot all the time in training but under pressure in a match instinct often takes over so really its all in his head. How he overcomes that I wouldn't know but there must be people who can help.

Guest Col city fan

Genuinely surprised at how many pelters KDH is getting.

In a totally naff season, I maintain I think he’s been one of our better players. And the game changed on Sat when he got brought on imo.

I always consider the amount of times that a midfielder ‘gives the ball away’ is directly correlated with them at least trying to do something positive with it. Tielemans is the perfect example of this. On Saturday he kept misplacing passes but was the only player in the first half who was actually trying to create openings.

Relegation or no, I’d keep KDH personally. I think we have weaker players than him.

On 23/04/2023 at 08:56, JimmyC74 said:

KDH brings energy, commitment etc but he is one-footed and his range of passing is limited.  

IMO i don't see him regularly starting in the Premier if we stay up but he would be a decent squad player.

The issue is I don’t think he had that energy on Saturday, he struggled to keep up with play. Thankfully we had Soumare playing absolutely out of his skin. Bouba’s not going to rock a 9/10 performance every game so we need KDH to snap out of his slump in energy and form and contribute positively starting at Leeds tonight if he’s selected/comes off the bench. 

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely surprised at how many pelters KDH is getting.

In a totally naff season, I maintain I think he’s been one of our better players. And the game changed on Sat when he got brought on imo.

I always consider the amount of times that a midfielder ‘gives the ball away’ is directly correlated with them at least trying to do something positive with it. Tielemans is the perfect example of this. On Saturday he kept misplacing passes but was the only player in the first half who was actually trying to create openings.

Relegation or no, I’d keep KDH personally. I think we have weaker players than him.

The game definitely improved after the positional changes that subbing on KDH brought but his actual on ball play was scruffy and he looked heavy leggy. Soumare’s performance was the one that tipped the balance in Leicester’s favour in the centre of the park. KDH helped by occupying a space and a Wolves player definitely tho.