Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

14 hours ago, Sampson said:

Feck me. I don’t think KDH has been particularly good this season, but that’s just a tweet wishing his old team well. It’s obvious what he means that Luton are a well drilled side who are doing better than their individual talent levels suggest they should be doing. 

Anyone reading things into that that aren’t there need to get a life. There’s plenty of shit around this club atm to be angry about already, this absolutely isn’t one of them. 

He doesn't need to do it though, bad decision making, on pitch and off it seems.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

No - he's just congratulating a club he played for on loan. 

...a bit of a coincidence that the character that we are looking for, in our team, are the ones he is attributing to his former teammates!!!

This is a dig at his teammates, there are two factions in this club and they are putting their disagreements ahead of our survival. These players do not appear to be comfortable working with each other, there is not going to be a resolution and the ones who are prepared to put in a shift is the ones that need to take the pitch.

We have moaned about how poor the recent performances have been, you are not going to put in a shift if you feel the player next to you does not care if you are alive. You would expect to see players backing each other, covering each other's mistakes, and yet none of them are putting themselves out. This team is fractured and the sooner we offload half of this lot and bring in players who wish to be here, the better we will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, that feels like a dig at the current lazy bastards he has to play with right?

Yeah, not ideal but I'd sooner that than acting on the defensive, sticking up for a 1-0 loss to Southampton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Why would anyone get mad about that tweet… even if it was a dig at the squad… isn’t that exactly what we are all thinking ?!?

Dean Smiths biggest mistake was not playing kdh. Other than soyuncu and vardy he’s just about the only other player in the squad willing to graft and put absolutely everything into it. What a huge difference it would have made to have him cutting out chances against leeds and everton… but alas it’s spilt milk now 

Personally felt we weren’t great against wolves until he came on either. Even when he’s not having a good game, his style of play helps everyone else on the field 

Exactly, he isn’t wrong is he and it’ll be him next year putting effort in for the club. It must be frustrating to sit and watch when the feckless players picked ahead of you clearly aren’t putting in the effort. 

It isn’t him we should be criticising for in part clearly calling the lazy tw@ts out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Why would anyone get mad about that tweet… even if it was a dig at the squad… isn’t that exactly what we are all thinking ?!?

Dean Smiths biggest mistake was not playing kdh. Other than soyuncu and vardy he’s just about the only other player in the squad willing to graft and put absolutely everything into it. What a huge difference it would have made to have him cutting out chances against leeds and everton… but alas it’s spilt milk now 

Personally felt we weren’t great against wolves until he came on either. Even when he’s not having a good game, his style of play helps everyone else on the field 

Agreed he is is the only midfielder that has legs any legs and always thought he had to be in the team. The problem is as the seasons gone on he’s got worse and every time he wins the ball he just gives it away again which is probably why he wasn’t playing 

8 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Agreed he is is the only midfielder that has legs any legs and always thought he had to be in the team. The problem is as the seasons gone on he’s got worse and every time he wins the ball he just gives it away again which is probably why he wasn’t playing 

At the moment though we have players who aren't putting any effort in AND giving the ball away. At least with KDH we get effort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Not through choice. 

He’s been struggling with injury for a while. 

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Not through choice. 

He’s been struggling with injury for a while. 

Oh really? Seems odd that its not been mentioned in pressers. 

To me, it seems like Smith has fallen in love with Soumare,  thinks youri is too good too drop and is living off of his memories of wilf from his time at villa.  

I'll admit he has got a tune out of Soumare in someway but he's simply not suited to the english game. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Oh really? Seems odd that its not been mentioned in pressers. 

To me, it seems like Smith has fallen in love with Soumare,  thinks youri is too good too drop and is living off of his memories of wilf from his time at villa.  

I'll admit he has got a tune out of Soumare in someway but he's simply not suited to the english game. 

Briefly mentioned in the post match interviews. Ankle injury - that he's been struggling with for a while. They were hoping to give him an injection this week to see the season out. 

On 17/05/2023 at 09:36, Sampson said:

Feck me. I don’t think KDH has been particularly good this season, but that’s just a tweet wishing his old team well. It’s obvious what he means that Luton are a well drilled side who are doing better than their individual talent levels suggest they should be doing. 

Anyone reading things into that that aren’t there need to get a life. There’s plenty of shit around this club atm to be angry about already, this absolutely isn’t one of them. 

I remember watching a team like that.  Seems a long time ago now.

Back on subject I see nothing wrong with him wishing a former team well either.  Everyone is too quick to take offense these days.

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...wow there is some dysfunction in this squad, Rodgers going has left a vacuum for the ones who followed him and the ones who were not buying into him are two separate factions!!!

Players having a go at each other, saying that they are not putting a shift in, does not help us in this situation. I would like to think that the clearout will resolve this, but I am not sure that any animosity can so easily be wiped away when you are making social media posts such as this.

I love the fact he has tweeted what everybody already knew.  **** the non-tryers.  I would be even more delighted if they were outed by name although lets face it.  We already know who they are with our own eyes.

14 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Fair point about KDH and you can’t usually argue with his work ethic. For me and others though it’s Papy Mendy that has probably been our most consistent and effective midfielder. Certainly watching the games, he’s the least likely to make basic errors and give the ball away.

Mendy has also played in 7 of the 8 games we have won. Considering he’s only played 17 games in the prem this year that means the team has a win ratio of 41% when he’s been involved. KDH had 7 wins in 28 games - a win ratio of 25%. The continued overlooking of Mendy this season despite what we have seen with our own eyes is as bizarre as the continued selection of Danny Ward was for so many games this season. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Fair point about KDH and you can’t usually argue with his work ethic. For me and others though it’s Papy Mendy that has probably been our most consistent and effective midfielder. Certainly watching the games, he’s the least likely to make basic errors and give the ball away.

Mendy has also played in 7 of the 8 games we have won. Considering he’s only played 17 games in the prem this year that means the team has a win ratio of 41% when he’s been involved. KDH had 7 wins in 28 games - a win ratio of 25%. The continued overlooking of Mendy this season despite what we have seen with our own eyes is as bizarre as the continued selection of Danny Ward was for so many games this season. 

We can and should play both Mendy and KDH.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Not disagreeing with that, just interesting that KDH win stats have been highlighted rather than Mendy’s more impressive ones.

If you have them, post them! I think a lot of us have been praising Mendy! I just happened to see this set this morning.

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

It's not rocket science ... why can't our managers have seen it?

I mean he played virtually every game until his recent suspension and injury. Plenty to blame on our managers but KDH has only really been dropped for 1 or 2 game’s throughout this season.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

If you have them, post them! I think a lot of us have been praising Mendy! I just happened to see this set this morning.

Not disputing that Mendy hasn’t had praise. I was highlighting the tweet and the subsequent chat on the bslb podcast that was highlighting how important KDH is to our victories. Arguably the stat is way more impressive when used for Mendy. I just thought I’d point that out 

20 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why not, he's probably got friends there, it's very natural. Some people really need to get over themselves. 

It's natural for a nobody to post on social media. Footballers or anyone in the public eye should avoid it.

Small sacrifice to pay considering he gets paid a lot of money to be a professional.

He clearly regretted it and deleted.

Anything posted on social media is subject to opinion.

To bad for me my opinion means I need to "get over" myself.