Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

6 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Fair point about KDH and you can’t usually argue with his work ethic. For me and others though it’s Papy Mendy that has probably been our most consistent and effective midfielder. Certainly watching the games, he’s the least likely to make basic errors and give the ball away.

Mendy has also played in 7 of the 8 games we have won. Considering he’s only played 17 games in the prem this year that means the team has a win ratio of 41% when he’s been involved. KDH had 7 wins in 28 games - a win ratio of 25%. The continued overlooking of Mendy this season despite what we have seen with our own eyes is as bizarre as the continued selection of Danny Ward was for so many games this season. 

Slightly misleading that one, didn't think it was quite right. Now it's true but...

Forest H - didn't feature

Leeds H - Came on after 65 at 2-0 up, won 2-0

Wolves A - Came on after 61 at 0-2 up, won 0-4

Everton A - Came on after 90 at 0-2 up, won 0-2

West Ham A - Came on after 69 at 0-1 up, won 0-2

Aston Villa A - Came on after 67 at 2-3 up, won 2-4

Spurs H - Played the 90 and scored in a 4-1 win

Wolves H - Came on after 85 at 2-1 up, won 2-1

So in those 8 wins he's actually only played 2.1 90s - around a quarter of the minutes.

I do actually think he's had a quite rough deal don't get me wrong though I don't quite buy he's our saviour.

6 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Not disputing that Mendy hasn’t had praise. I was highlighting the tweet and the subsequent chat on the bslb podcast that was highlighting how important KDH is to our victories. Arguably the stat is way more impressive when used for Mendy. I just thought I’d point that out 

It's the KDH thread my man. That's why are talking about him here. 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Royston. said:

It's natural for a nobody to post on social media. Footballers or anyone in the public eye should avoid it.

Small sacrifice to pay considering he gets paid a lot of money to be a professional.

He clearly regretted it and deleted.

Anything posted on social media is subject to opinion.

To bad for me my opinion means I need to "get over" myself.

But you've still not answered why?

Whilst due regard should be given by footballers or people in the public eye 'what' they actually post on social media, why should they avoid it? On the contrary, people in general like to look at what such people are up to and their general thoughts on things, that's what social media is about and why so many people go on it, we're both doing it now! We don't have to agree with each other. 

Clearly there's a problem if KDH put something on that was particularly outrageous, inflammatory or disrespectful to his club or it's supporters but in this case he absolutely didn't. He merely passed comment regarding a former club, a club that helped him on his football journey and where he  probably had some good times and still probably has friends. He told them to work hard and wished them good luck, how on earth is there anything wrong with that?

Even if, and it's a big if, we believe the conspiracy theory that it was a veiled dig at some of his own team-mates to look at their own work rates, is that a bad thing, isn't that exactly the accusation by some of our own supporters?

No, some people do need to get over themselves and their faux sensibilities, it's not about opinions, it's about over-sensitivity or trying to fan the flames of a non existent problem, 'some' people do it for their own kudos or online 'dedicated fan' notoriety.

Are there problems within our squad? It certainly seems that way from the outside. Is this one of them? I'd suggest it's the least of our worries. As for the on field KDH himself, some may have criticised certain aspects of his play in the past but a lack of effort and work rate has never been railed against him. He too is allowed an opinion. In this case he was merely wishing people well. It's no wonder some players don't give a toss about supporters and just treat it as a job.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

It's the KDH thread my man. That's why are talking about him here. 😂

Yeh and in the KDH thread, and specifically responding to an attached tweet designed to show how vital he has been in 7/8 victories it’s valid to point out that Mendy has a way better win ratio than him. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Slightly misleading that one, didn't think it was quite right. Now it's true but...

So in those 8 wins he's actually only played 2.1 90s - around a quarter of the minutes.

I do actually think he's had a quite rough deal don't get me wrong though I don't quite buy he's our saviour.

I’m not saying he’s the saviour but I am saying he’s at least as much as a potential saviour as KDH. 

I said last year he was a future captain of this club.

Still think he can reach that, BUT he needs a Manager to help him fulfil his talent.

He cares about the club which is one thing alot of the players don't.

Lets not start hammering the lad as just like most of the team, he has played below par

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Heard some tenuous rumours he thinks he'll be off lol 

Who will pay £15m+ and the £60k pw (?) he's on? His level is bottom half PL standard.

Maybe a promoted team like Burnley / Sheffield United wouldn’t be surprised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Who will pay £15m+ and the £60k pw (?) he's on? His level is bottom half PL standard.

Is he really on £60k a week? If so that's insane 

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Maybe a promoted team like Burnley / Sheffield United wouldn’t be surprised.

£15m? You'd get better value abroad. Sheff United are likely to drop again anyway

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

But you've still not answered why?

Whilst due regard should be given by footballers or people in the public eye 'what' they actually post on social media, why should they avoid it? On the contrary, people in general like to look at what such people are up to and their general thoughts on things, that's what social media is about and why so many people go on it, we're both doing it now! We don't have to agree with each other. 

Clearly there's a problem if KDH put something on that was particularly outrageous, inflammatory or disrespectful to his club or it's supporters but in this case he absolutely didn't. He merely passed comment regarding a former club, a club that helped him on his football journey and where he  probably had some good times and still probably has friends. He told them to work hard and wished them good luck, how on earth is there anything wrong with that?

Even if, and it's a big if, we believe the conspiracy theory that it was a veiled dig at some of his own team-mates to look at their own work rates, is that a bad thing, isn't that exactly the accusation by some of our own supporters?

No, some people do need to get over themselves and their faux sensibilities, it's not about opinions, it's about over-sensitivity or trying to fan the flames of a non existent problem, 'some' people do it for their own kudos or online 'dedicated fan' notoriety.

Are there problems within our squad? It certainly seems that way from the outside. Is this one of them? I'd suggest it's the least of our worries. As for the on field KDH himself, some may have criticised certain aspects of his play in the past but a lack of effort and work rate has never been railed against him. He too is allowed an opinion. In this case he was merely wishing people well. It's no wonder some players don't give a toss about supporters and just treat it as a job.

They should avoid it so numpties like you and I don't bicker about what was said.

• Haha 1

Well we really shouldn't be letting him go.

He has his flaws, but he'll be absolutely fine in the Championship as he was for Luton, and he has been one of our more effective midfielders this season in the Prem (though that's not difficult). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The obvious one would be Luton if they come up.

Maybe but would they pay that out in wages? There’s a decent chance we swap  leagues too 

Just now, Stadt said:

Maybe but would they pay that out in wages? There’s a decent chance we swap  leagues too 

Who knows? The Premier League does strange things to clubs, anything for that dream of survival. He might take a slightly lower offer with add-ons or incentives depending on their league performance. He strikes me as the type of player who would want to go somewhere hes appreciated rather than for the biggest payday.

17 minutes ago, Craig said:

Well we really shouldn't be letting him go.

He has his flaws, but he'll be absolutely fine in the Championship as he was for Luton, and he has been one of our more effective midfielders this season in the Prem (though that's not difficult). 

He certainly shouldn't think that he is getting out at the first chance of trouble (unless silly money if offered, which it wont be).  He has a contract until 2027 and i imagine that weekly wage is going to be cut by a good 30%. He needs to be (and makes a name for himself) instrumental in us bouncing back.

• Like 1

He has his critics but his work rate has been missed in recent weeks.We need that determination we just don’t have enough steel. Reminds me of the Albrighton situation in great escape season who was overlooked for a long time 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

If he genuinely wants out then we should let him go. Having too many players on big wages who want out has been a major factor in our downfall 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Didn’t he come on at HT against wolves (H)?