Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

If he genuinely wants out then we should let him go. Having too many players on big wages who want out has been a major factor in our downfall 

And who aren’t good enough to justify those wages, KDH as an example if he’s on 60k. 

Edited by Fox92

12 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

He should be starting over Soumare, Ndidi and Youri for me. 

Not the most talented but does the press, brings energy and bite to the midfield.

YT has checked out months ago and needs to be dropped.

The bloody tea lady should be starting ahead of Youri!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His mother is on the warpath on twitter.

Went to look for her account in his very limited list of followers only to discover he follows Elon, Piers Morgan and Andrew Fecking Tate… Come on Kiernan, do better. 

Kiernan is a good player , he has never pretended to be an " elite player". Some on here are so desperate that the club be associated with these so called elite players they attempt to elevate players like Kiernan above his obvious capabilities. These people need to look at themselves. I don't think he will leave , he should have a long career with us and we need players exactly like him if we get relegated. I would prefer a player who gives his best shot every match ,whether that be successful or not , than a flighty show pony who demonstrates his talent once every half a dozen matches.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Went to look for her account in his very limited list of followers only to discover he follows Elon, Piers Morgan and Andrew Fecking Tate… Come on Kiernan, do better. 

Did you find it and if so whats the handle? Would like to see what the fuss is about. 

Made my thoughts on KDH pretty clear, I don’t think he’s good enough for the premier league but he does give us a bit of bite and aggression, but the flaws in his game that he just cannot seem to improve on mean he’s often getting himself in trouble in places we desperately cannot afford it such as his inability to use his right foot and his lack of awareness of who is around him leading to him constantly turning himself into trouble or losing the ball, or passing to a player under pressure leading to us losing the ball. 

For the promise he showed us when he came back from Luton he really hasn’t progressed at all. 

I think he’s good enough for the championship, but if for example we go with Choudhury and KDH, if we get promoted we are going to have to replace them when we go up anyway and KDH won’t want to sit on the bench if we bring in a couple of midfielders in summer. 

In my opinion the only solution I can see for him if he/we want him to have a long term future here (I actually like him a lot) would be to play him as a central defensive midfielder protecting the back 4, this would restrict his need to constantly turn into trouble and allow him to see options ahead of him rather than behind him. 

I would hope a season in the championship in a new role would give him the experience and confidence to then do a job in the premier league. But playing him in the middle just isn’t going to work long term in my opinion and we will find ourselves back to square one having to replace him should we go back up. 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Did you find it and if so whats the handle? Would like to see what the fuss is about. 

Unless she’s deleted  any rants all I can see is her liking/retweeting stuff (nothing major just calls for KDH to play) Vane55aDews is her handle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Unless she’s deleted  any rants all I can see is her liking/retweeting stuff (nothing major just calls for KDH to play) Vane55aDews is her handle

She didn’t go on the warpath. It was more of a gentle stroll along a towpath. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think he'll have a big year this year. 

His athleticism will be massive getting from end to end in a dynamic box to box role. Might be confirmation bias but personally think he already looks a bit quicker and fitter in preseason too. 

Can see him nabbing a fair few assists cutting it from the left hand channel like an auxiliary wide man. 

He is the mezzala from FM.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

His athleticism will be massive getting from end to end in a dynamic box to box role. Might be confirmation bias but personally think he already looks a bit quicker and fitter in preseason too. 

Can see him nabbing a fair few assists cutting it from the left hand channel like an auxiliary wide man. 

This was his output in the PL last season (we were a better side with him playing generally) https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall.

His Luton stats https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/scout/10729/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall-Scouting-Report

I think he could be in with a shout of Championship POTY.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Him as the 2nd most attacking of the box midfield suits him IMO.

The Gundogan role if you like. Just need to decide which striker we're going with and then sign some wingers and a genuine Maddison replacement. 

Striker

Left Winger   -  KDH  -  CAM   -  Right Winger

Winks - Ricardo

Doyle - Coady - Souttar

Hermansen

• Like 1

He mentions the Southampton game when he came on at HT as the game that announced him but i think to us & most it would be the Liverpool game, the 1 where Klopp said "where have they been hiding you" (or have i got my players mixed up?)

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Striker

Left Winger   -  KDH  -  Casadei   -  Right Winger

Winks - Ricardo

Doyle - Coady - Souttar

Hermansen

Percy has confirmed the Casadei interest is genuine hasn't he? Can see him slotting in above.

What we do with the wingers now is the big concern. They're so important to this. We get it right and we're up. We're still floundering around with Praet and it's a big oof. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Him as the 2nd most attacking of the box midfield suits him IMO.

The Gundogan role if you like. Just need to decide which striker we're going with and then sign some wingers and a genuine Maddison replacement. 

Striker

Left Winger   -  KDH  -  CAM   -  Right Winger

Winks - Ricardo

Doyle - Coady - Souttar

Hermansen

Soumare could do well as the midfielder next to KDH.

He is great in the air and has strength so he would be a aerial threat arriving late in the box. We know he can't sense danger so just play him higher up the pitch instead.

Sadly this all depends on whether he can be bothered and it looks like he can't be bothered to run.

Edited by Fightforever

KDH is like my favourite player, I'm rooting for him every week simply because he absolutely kills himself every time he plays, and you can tell he cares. He has got genuine ability, he's shown in his first season. Last year he was dragged down with the rest of them at times, and lost his place near the end and Soumare and Youri were nowhere near his standard or energy pressing. In this league he will be a superstar I'm sure.

• Like 2