Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

17 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Soumare could do well as the midfielder next to KDH.

He is great in the air and has strength so he would be a aerial threat arriving late in the box. We know he can't sense danger so just play him higher up the pitch instead.

Sadly this all depends on whether he can be bothered and it looks like he can't be bothered to run.

That's a point where was he yesterday??

10 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Won’t say what his target is. What we reckon? 15 goal contributions is his target? 

He got 9, 3 goals and 6 assists, when he was on loan at Luton in the Championship in 20/21

I expect he will be getting a lot further forward and into the box more with us this season than he did with Luton, and looks like he could be set piece taker as well so 15 seems reasonable I would think

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Haven't watched this and don't play to but he seems to have an awful lot to say for a bloke who definitely has not 'made it' yet.

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Won’t say what his target is. What we reckon? 15 goal contributions is his target? 

He needs to be scoring 10 in the season. If he's set a target of only 15 contributions and isn't prepared to say that out loud before a ball is kicked, I'd question the mentality. I think the reason he didn't say the figure, is its higher than that, an he'd rather speak with actions than words. 

Edited by Beachyboy

51 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Haven't watched this and don't play to but he seems to have an awful lot to say for a bloke who definitely has not 'made it' yet.

An that's why he will improve further because he doesn't believe he has made it yet and still has a lot more to do.

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It is literally just a 7 minute video of him talking through when he was a kid, joining the academy, developing and going out on loan etc.

In the context of the video regarding his development etc. he absolutely has made it.

I was going to say, in the grand scheme of things I'm pretty sure he has made it. More than 50 games in the Premier League for the club he joined when he was eight, played and scored in two European competitions, won a trophy at Wembley. The overwhelming majority of footballers don't achieve anything like what he has and he's only 24.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Comes across as a really decent lad and I hope he has a great season.

Looks like Barrow Town FC behind him in one scene and the bridge between Quorn and Barrow. 

An ex-beautiful-lovely-girlfriend came from that region of Quorn & Barrow..

• Like 1

Think he'll benefit not having the presence of Maddison and Tielemans (who both seemed arrogant and didn't pull their weight occasionally last season) around him.

Can see him being a future leader.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think he'll benefit not having the presence of Maddison and Tielemans (who both seemed arrogant and didn't pull their weight occasionally last season) around him.

Yes but this season,I wouldn’t put yet the extra responsibility of club captain on his plate,let him first concentrate on his new

postion & role. Though an early captaincy has made and helped a few young players develope and grow.

One good thing Taylor spotted & did was making Beckham England captain..Gerrard for L‘pool

I believe he will become a natural leader within the squad,without the captains armband.

I also wouldn’t moan if Enzo,says you‘re  our our man

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Hopefully. Or he could continue being a prat and causing issues with Kristiansen.

14 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

He needs to be scoring 10 in the season. If he's set a target of only 15 contributions and isn't prepared to say that out loud before a ball is kicked, I'd question the mentality. I think the reason he didn't say the figure, is its higher than that, an he'd rather speak with actions than words. 

...the season before last, he set himself a target, he was stating there was much more to come from himself!!!

His season did not turn out to be a good one for him, and I suspect that he has learnt not to put added pressure on himself. 

12 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hopefully. Or he could continue being a prat and causing issues with Kristiansen.

...there are one or two players that seems to have a problem with Kristiansen!!!

I suspect that he is not a shrinking violet and can stand up for himself. I suspect that him coming in and taking the role from Thomas may have jarred with some players, and his personality maybe a bit brash, but you do get the feeling, on the pitch, that Kristiansen is not well liked.

Enzo will need to keep an eye on this, as the problem is still there.

20 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

To be in an academy from such a young age for a premier league team and making double digit appearances in the premier league, you 100% have made it.

You clearly don’t understand how hard it is to make it out of academy’s.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there are one or two players that seems to have a problem with Kristiansen!!!

I suspect that he is not a shrinking violet and can stand up for himself. I suspect that him coming in and taking the role from Thomas may have jarred with some players, and his personality maybe a bit brash, but you do get the feeling, on the pitch, that Kristiansen is not well liked.

Enzo will need to keep an eye on this, as the problem is still there.

Never crossed my mind,that there is friction between players

• 3 weeks later...