Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

12 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I like KDH his flaws were shown up in the PL but he has enough about him to be very effective at this level just work on that first touch and right peg son. 

I agree. At PL level he's below par and has obvious clear flaws. In the Championship he can hide those flaws and be successful. 

3 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Really do wish he would work continually on his right foot, you just can't be that one footed when driving forward at his pace with the chance to distribute to eiterh side.

But fair credit to him yesterday, two GREAT goals and a true force in the 2nd half.

this is complete bullshit, he's not completely one footed but even if he was so many right footed player ARE totally one footed yet never get called out for it, people are jumping on this as they hate our own academy players for some reason

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

this is complete bullshit, he's not completely one footed but even if he was so many right footed player ARE totally one footed yet never get called out for it, people are jumping on this as they hate our own academy players for some reason

Mahrez , Giggs and many others are overwhelmingly left footed. Its a common trend in left handed players. I' m sure in practice KDH uses his right foot but instinct takes over under pressure. It will improve but only gradually.

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Hamer coming off for them seemed to really free him up in the second half. His decision making in the first half was appalling and was stifling pretty much every attack. He could be a monster in this league if he finds some consistency 

Spot on with this.

Consistency of performance is the key for KDH this season.

44 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

I think Praet coming on at 62 minutes and Hamer going off at 70 changed KDH's game completely.

Love Ndidi, but having a genuine number 8 up there with KDH must have made it much easier to pull Cov apart.

Was Hamer marking KDH out the game?

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Was Hamer marking KDH out the game?

I'd say it's closer to the other way around. Hamer is unquestionably Covs best player. Him leaving reduced the burden on KDH, that's only to be expected. 

If your manager is calling Hamer the best player in the championship last season it's only logical to assume that both the high pressing 8s will have been told to worry about him.

I actually think that Praet helped both KDH and young Mcateer. And was a bigger factor in the strong finish that the team had. He's much more adept and predictable on the front foot. He's not the second coming, but it's worth giving Denis a run from the start in the next league game.

• Like 2

Moment at the end (cant' remember if it was before or after his second) but he took the ball out of defence, quick step over and put the burners on to rinse a Cov defender before playing Iheanacho in with an outside of the boot pass.

At that moment I realised it's Dewsbury-Hall's world and we're just living in it.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

He noticeably went up a couple of levels after scoring and suddenly was appearing everywhere, winning balls and making play. I wonder if it was more a confidence thing?

Hope he doesn't read FT.

didn't think he had that in his locker, wasn't going for him in the first half even though he was doing okay disturbing play but to step up and score both goals shows the quality he has, he has a great engine if he can add goals/assists then he will be such a massive player for us.

22 hours ago, Dames said:

A season down here might exactly be what he needs but if we go up he’ll be at an age where its either sink or swim at PL level. 

Jeffrey Schlupp has 15000 pl minutes. KDH is more than good enough to be a PL player, we were just a sinking ship last season and somehow got relegated with a team full of PL standard players.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not his best performance for much of the game, but seemed to finally get into it for the final 10-15mins I thought. Seemed to lose his first touch and wasn't connecting with his passes. 

Then final moments of the game he finds his feet, gets stuck in and makes things tick. 

Cardiff did well I thought to pack the midfield and restrict KDH and Winks though. 

Feels like he is trying too hard and trying to carry the team, when he really doesn't have to. Far too many errors and erratic play. 

However, he is still very capable of getting us goals and assists and plays at a good tempo needed for that position.

Cut out the errors and add some consistency to his game, and he will rightly be one of our most influential players this season. 

He has been erratic and error prone in every game so far. His two goals and 2nd half performance in our first game redeemed him. He has good patches and poor patches during a game. So do a few others. Hopefully he will find some consistency and start making better decisions. Good player. 

3 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

Just seen him with a bandage round his leg outside the stadium. Someone asked about it and said ‘it’s alright not too bad’ 

Not surprised after they spent the last five minutes just booting him.

Not a good display today, very poor with the ball.