Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Wasn’t his best game today and still not convinced by him but I  won’t write him off just yet . I just wish he’d sometimes release the ball quicker . Often goes on a good run  and other players are in a great position or loads of space and he just doesn’t release the ball and ends up getting caught on it or losing it trying to do too much . 

Edited by baldeagle

5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Wasn’t his best game today and still not convinced by him but I  won’t right him off just yet . I just wish he’d sometimes release the ball quicker . Often goes on a good run  and other players are in a great position or loads of space and he just doesn’t release the ball and ends up getting caught on it or losing it trying to do too much . 

You won't fit in well around here if that's your attitude 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Always tryna come back onto his left peg. And by then he's closed down. Will be an important player for us this season no doubt but I hope Enzo can work on his weaknesses

His total reliance on his left foot is a weakness that should have been worked on from the moment he joined the club as a kid.

I do like his attitude and commitment, and maybe he is trying to hard to make things happen at times, and he has his attributes, he brings energy and can drive us up the pitch at times, but his decision making and passing is often poor.

Technically he's not great, which is paramount for all the players, in the way that Enzo wants to play.

To be honest, I'm not sure he can improve what he brings, and while Enzo may feel that's enough currently, with the players he has at his disposal, I think next season, if not before, Enzo will fade him out, and replace him.

20 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

His total reliance on his left foot is a weakness that should have been worked on from the moment he joined the club as a kid.

I do like his attitude and commitment, and maybe he is trying to hard to make things happen at times, and he has his attributes, he brings energy and can drive us up the pitch at times, but his decision making and passing is often poor.

Technically he's not great, which is paramount for all the players, in the way that Enzo wants to play.

To be honest, I'm not sure he can improve what he brings, and while Enzo may feel that's enough currently, with the players he has at his disposal, I think next season, if not before, Enzo will fade him out, and replace him.

Looking at what I've seen from the Cardiff game, I'd be tempted to go with Winks, Casedai, Ndidi, if nothing else to give KDH a kick up the ass to improve his standards and reward Ndidi with the improvements seen. Be good to see what Casedai offers from the beginning and adds an extra option from our bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

Looking at what I've seen from the Cardiff game, I'd be tempted to go with Winks, Casedai, Ndidi, if nothing else to give KDH a kick up the ass to improve his standards and reward Ndidi with the improvements seen. Be good to see what Casedai offers from the beginning and adds an extra option from our bench.

Youre thinking the same as me then. :thumbup:

I am going to buck the trend here, currently his decision making and end product can be frustrating but I think given time under Maresca he will be the one that really pushes on and becomes a high quality no 8. It’s very early on in the process, but the signs are there and I think he will only go on and improve as each game goes. He will be one who will benefit from Casadei being alongside him and also if we can bring in a high quality right winger and striker who can cause more trouble for defences and stretch them, which in turn would give KDH more opportunities to take advantage. 

• Like 2

Looks as if he thinks he’s much better than he is. Sorry. I’ve always thought he was a weak link for us, slowing everything down. Always needs to get it onto his left foot. His decision making yesterday was awful. 

• Like 1

He had a stinker yesterday, but he really does get far too much hate on here.

He’s inconsistent, but he’ll be an important player for us this year.

I’ve no doubt he’ll pop up with some match winning contributions like he already has done - enduring the odd game like yesterday is part and parcel of not being a top premier league player.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Wasn’t his best game today and still not convinced by him but I  won’t right him off just yet . I just wish he’d sometimes release the ball quicker . Often goes on a good run  and other players are in a great position or loads of space and he just doesn’t release the ball and ends up getting caught on it or losing it trying to do too much . 

Accidental ironic genius.

• Haha 1

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Wow - weren't we praising him to the hilt after Game one? Remarkable swing in opinions. Maybe, just maybe he just had a bad day at the office? 

I love KDH, but actually no. The Cov game lots actually kinda laughed he'd been fairly poor and then popped up with 2 great goals. 

• Like 1

He's one or those players who is a tad overrated,  simply because he runs around a lot and is 'one of our own'.

However he'll be fine for us in the Champs. The quality of the league is pretty poor, and you don't have to be particularly good to stand out as slightly above average.

Squad member at best however should we get promoted, as he just has too many flaws that will never develop to the level required. 

If he played for another championship team our fans would be wanking themselves silly over being linked with him. He's a PL level player playing for a championship side, be thankful he's with us because he's too good for this level and with him in the starting XI we'll be going up.

Edited by honeybradger

Probably the most frustrating player in our entire squad. Horribly one footed, takes far too long to make decisions and struggles making simple passes sometimes. However, his energy, work rate and capability of popping up with important goals mean that he'll likely be first choice whilst we're in this league. I don't think he's good enough to start week in, week out in the Premier League though.

Cardiff flooded the centre of midfield well yesterday, which give KDH less space to do what he is best at. He's been one of our better players of the course of 4 games and simply didn't set the world alight yesterday and he is still adapting to this system.

• Like 1

He can be wasteful and untidy on the ball.

But he's been involved in 4 of our 5 league goals, scoring 2,  assisting 1 and heavily involved in the second yesterday!

He also brings energy and workrate.

The good outweighs the bad.....

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2