Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

His passes that missed his target weren't the only issue with his passing yesterday.

I lost count of the number of times he fizzed it knee high at Mavididi.

Just slows us down. 

He's got a shot on him and the energy he brings is great, but on the ball he's our worst player.

I'd at least like to see us pick a more technical player in his place against teams that will come and sit deep.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Looks as if he thinks he’s much better than he is. Sorry. I’ve always thought he was a weak link for us, slowing everything down. Always needs to get it onto his left foot. His decision making yesterday was awful. 

100% when he gave the ball away before half time he looked like he couldn’t give 2 ****s.

Little bit of starting to believe his own hype me thinks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

100% when he gave the ball away before half time he looked like he couldn’t give 2 ****s.

Little bit of starting to believe his own hype me thinks. 

He may be many things, but not giving a shite isn't one of them. 

I like him. But would I play him over Wilf? Or even Praet? Or now Casemiro? Borderline 

3 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He's one or those players who is a tad overrated,  simply because he runs around a lot and is 'one of our own'.

However he'll be fine for us in the Champs. The quality of the league is pretty poor, and you don't have to be particularly good to stand out as slightly above average.

Squad member at best however should we get promoted, as he just has too many flaws that will never develop to the level required. 

This, pretty good championship player, but unless he works hard on his weaknesses he will never be a decent prem player. hopefully he is working hard

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He may be many things, but not giving a shite isn't one of them. 

I like him. But would I play him over Wilf? Or even Praet? Or now Casemiro? Borderline 

Maybe he try running after giving the ball away then instead of shrugging his shoulders 

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He can be wasteful and untidy on the ball.

But he's been involved in 4 of our 5 league goals, scoring 2,  assisting 1 and heavily involved in the second yesterday!

He also brings energy and workrate.

The good outweighs the bad.....

Nicely balanced post, as usual though when it comes to KDH, a number of posters can't wait to pop up when he has a bad game and are very rarely seen giving any praise when he's played well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Nicely balanced post, as usual though when it comes to KDH, a number of posters can't wait to pop up when he has a bad game and are very rarely seen giving any praise when he's played well.

I think a lot of posters have unrealistic expectations regarding player and team performances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

I'm sorry but that second half against Cov was one of the best individual performances I've seen in a long time in terms of one player dominating a game.

He'll bulldoze teams this season - he just needs a little consistency. 

For about 10/15 mins. Not really sure how you count it as a whole half. Coventry were the better team for the first 20 mins of the second half alone.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Been disappointed with him since the Cov game. Doesn't take enough care with the ball for the system we're trying to play. Not a lost cause but he needs to improve 

Even the Cov game I thought for large parts (especially the first half) he was poor… after he bagged the first his confidence seemed to grow and he was involved in everything 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Been disappointed with him since the Cov game. Doesn't take enough care with the ball for the system we're trying to play. Not a lost cause but he needs to improve 

Fair assessment, needs to improve his decision making in key situations, like when we broke on them in the first half.  The correct (and simple) pass at that moment and we've probably got a one on one with their keeper.  

Hopefully he'll grow into the system as the season goes on.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Fair assessment, needs to improve his decision making in key situations, like when we broke on them in the first half.  The correct (and simple) pass at that moment and we've probably got a one on one with their keeper.  

Hopefully he'll grow into the system as the season goes on.   

Yep it definitely does seem like it's poor decision making rather than lack of ability. He could be huge for us if he sharpens up

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This is the biggest concern for me in recent games, it derails momentum and leaves our pushing midfielders and defence out of position.

Yep have to agree, his decision making at times and execution of pass can be woeful but also he has shown real glimpses of a player who can and will flourish in this system and under Enzo’s guidance. As with all the players, it will be a process and there will be dips but also at times when it clicks these players will deliver moments of real quality. We have already seen it with KDH, Wanya and McAteer which is really pleasing and a good sign of things to come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Yep have to agree, his decision making at times and execution of pass can be woeful but also he has shown real glimpses of a player who can and will flourish in this system and under Enzo’s guidance. As with all the players, it will be a process and there will be dips but also at times when it clicks these players will deliver moments of real quality. We have already seen it with KDH, Wanya and McAteer which is really pleasing and a good sign of things to come. 

Yeah absolutely. I'm only disappointed with him because I actually rate him and think he could be a huge player for us this season. I'd like him to work closely with Winks to maybe learn to get his head up and pick the right pass 

• Like 2