Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah absolutely. I'm only disappointed with him because I actually rate him and think he could be a huge player for us this season. I'd like him to work closely with Winks to maybe learn to get his head up and pick the right pass 

Where KDH is difficult to replace is the energy he brings to the team,  just needs to be calmer in possession but hopefully that will come in time and with good coaching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Maybe we've just been spoiled as a fan base lol

Very much so, we're used to so much excellence within the team barring the last few years. We can't help but compare to that, rather than where we are right now. Players like Matty James, even with all their injury issues can drop down to this league and look like a Rolls Royce, and that's what opposition fans see.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Very much so, we're used to so much excellence within the team barring the last few years. We can't help but compare to that, rather than where we are right now. Players like Matty James, even with all their injury issues can drop down to this league and look like a Rolls Royce, and that's what opposition fans see.

It sounds strange but I'm quite enjoying us starting again. Some of those Championship seasons under Pearson were my favourite supporting the club. Obviously what we went on to do eclipsed it all but the past few years have almost made me completely disconnect from the club and football in general. Now we seem to be trying to do things the right way and it's so nice to see young players that are desperate to play for us

• Like 4

I feel eventually, if Enzo stays and especially if we go up, he will need to either improve with the ball. His passing is awful at times, so many times he plays balls at knee height.

I still feel he thinks he is better than what he is. 

• Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Discussed in another thread.

Got a full-on rollicking at HT on Tuesday.

I recon it’s because Enzo rates him. Pep gave a very public one to Haaland first game of this season and has done the same to so many top players. Keeps them on their toes and forces them to react. To many people in football can tell you your brilliant sometimes you start to believe it. That’s all my opinion of course but I hope so as I love KDH. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Player gets bollocking for not playing well? Standard practice.

Well maybe it wasn’t here for some time under Rodgers but that was the problem. 

I think (my opinion, based on his attitude when Thomas got dropped and his getting upperty on twitter) he is capable of a good sulk though. If McAtee comes in and takes his spot then it could be troublesome..

Edited by SecretPro

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I think (my opinion, based on his attitude when Thomas got dropped and his getting upperty on twitter) he is capable of a good sulk though. If McAteen comes in and takes his spot then it could be troublesome..

Yeah, guess he won't be happy with someone much younger than him displacing him :ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I think (my opinion, based on his attitude when Thomas got dropped and his getting upperty on twitter) he is capable of a good sulk though. If McAteen comes in and takes his spot then it could be troublesome..

Any trouble is negated if he performs as in the manner the gaffer expects of him and avoids the b******ing.. If McAtee comes in (big if, not holding my breath), a professional and high quality footballer uses that as motivation to up his levels and retain his place in the team. 

I actually think competition could benefit KDH, he has done absolutely nothing since Cov first game of the season, and if the bollocking has got his bottom lip out, maybe a spell on the bench will make him think "hang on a minute, i'd better pull my finger out here".. 

• Like 1

He's being compared to the grest midfielders we've had in the last decade, and unfortunately for him he's nowhere near as good as them (Cambiasso, Kante, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison). But we're in the Championship now and he's good fir where we currently are.