Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He’s been good for 20 mins in one game. 

Never seen a player play knee high balls so much.

Piffle.

Of all the problems we have he should be the least of our concerns.

Again look at his numbers compared to the rest of the leagues centre mids come the end of the season.

2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games so far.

Just now, BigGibbo said:

Piffle.

Of all the problems we have he should be the least of our concerns.

Again look at his numbers compared to the rest of the leagues centre mids come the end of the season.

2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games so far.

Not saying he is a problem, just commenting on yet another poor performance. Football is much more than “numbers”. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

He's not playing terrible on a consistent basis. Some games he doesn't affect enough but some games he does.

He will win us many more games than he loses us in the Championship. Just like Maddison & Barnes did in the Premiership when they still got regular flack.

Look at the midfielder goal and assist charts come the end of the season and I'll be amazed if he's not in the top 10 for both.

I don't think you can be paying much attention then. Misplaces so many passes.

It's not about a lack of goal involvements, it's the constant untidy play.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Not saying he is a problem, just commenting on yet another poor performance. Football is much more than “numbers”. 

It is and it isn't. 

Ultimately it comes down to how much a player affects a game and he will affect many more for the positive than he does for the negative. 

There are many players, or even most players, that are in and out of games and looking lacklustre half the time, but then pop-up with a key pass/assist/goal that changes a game and he is one of those players.

Stop putting him under a microscope.

That's not so much aimed at you, but all of the posters who dog him and probably dogged Maddison and Barnes and Chilwell and still never learnt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

It is and it isn't. 

Ultimately it comes down to how much a player affects a game and he will affect many more for the positive than he does for the negative. 

There are many players, or even most players, that are in and out of games and looking lacklustre half the time, but then pop-up with a key pass/assist/goal that changes a game and he is one of those players.

Stop putting him under a microscope.

That's not so much aimed at you, but all of the posters who dog him and probably dogged Maddison and Barnes and Chilwell and still never learnt.

Players are in and out of games, but he isn’t a match changer. How many times has he done it in two/three seasons? Once as I recall and that was a month ago against Coventry.

He should have let the ball run today but took the ball himself and hit it wide. That’s effecting a game negatively.

And I don’t know why you keep banging on about former players. I’ve spent the last year defending Maddison. 

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I take your point but this is KDH, not Maddison. He doesn't have enough of the moments you're talking about to compensate for the scruffy play.

Agree to disagree on that. That might, at a stretch, be arguable at Premier League level but absolutely no chance at Championship level. 

Every other team in this league would take him in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This really needs to stop.

Stop classing criticism for a footballer as 'hate'. No-one is giving him abuse in the street, people aren't outside his house giving him grief, he's getting negative criticism on an internet forum ffs.

That's just semantics. I'm talking persistent dogging of certain players who are the least of our problems and I have just seen too much negative sentiment towards him as I did the previous examples given.

Someone saying he had a doggo game is one thing, but people saying he's not good enough are more what I'm talking about.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This really needs to stop.

Stop classing criticism for a footballer as 'hate'. No-one is giving him abuse in the street, people aren't outside his house giving him grief, he's getting negative criticism on an internet forum ffs.

#Haters gonna hate

8 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Agree to disagree on that. That might, at a stretch, be arguable at Premier League level but absolutely no chance at Championship level. 

Granted. So why has he been poor in the majority of games this season? 

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

Not convinced this style of football is suited to him. I think he's industrious and has moments of quality. But we need players who can play in tight areas, take the ball on the turn and play telling passes, and I don't think that's his game

Fair comment I think.  The issue seems to me that Maresca's system needs those busy bodies pressing but, unlike the best teams playing this way, arguably our most industrious players in the middle, Ndidi and KDH, just aren't wonderful on the ball.  

I haven't seen enough of Casedei yet but hopefully he has the energy Maresca needs but also has the quality on the ball in the final third.  

A lot of people gave KDH the benefit of the doubt because it’s easy to think of him as a young academy lad. 
The fact is and always has been, he does not have the attributes required to play as a box to box or attack minded midfielder. 
Any player in his role/position has to be able to play with both feet and he can’t. 
He actively avoids creating chances if the ball is on his right foot and turns back towards goal to shift onto his strong foot. 

His vision and reading of the game seems hit and miss, sometimes he picks out a stunning pass and others he doesn’t recognise glaringly obviously runs from players next to him. 

Until he can use his right foot he shouldn’t be playing in midfield in anything other than a defensive midfielders who’s job is to break up the play and pass it to players like Casadei ahead of him. 

I know people want him to come good, and the reality is the championship is a huge step down in class so even if he’s inconsistent he will still be able to produce moments, but he still fundamentally doesn’t have the traits required to play as a box to box or attack minded player. If we go up we will just be repeating the same mistakes as last season. 

I don’t think he suits this play style either. 
Really like him from what I’ve seen off the pitch, on the pitch he does have a lot to offer, but imo not enough to warrant a place in the squad in this current role. 

defensive midfielder with the job of breaking up play? He would be playing week in week out. 

7 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

His goal involvements (goals + assists) for the past 3 seasons:

9 (championship)

Not a stretch at all at Premier League level. 

N'didi with his high press, and Casadei with his proven ability to find the back of the net, should be in ahead of him.

It would take some pretty high numbers to justify carrying a player. Numbers he has never posted.

I think he is a great player but should definitely be dropped for a game or two, especially with Maresca seeming to drop players to make a point about poor performances, got to be consistent with it as nobody is undroppable if they aren't performing

The biggest annoyance for me has been him taking too many pot shots that are nowhere near going in