Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

36 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Why do players regress at this club. Because the difference in his performances from Cov when he really looked the business and now is worrying. Is he trying too hard? Constantly making poor decisions in front of goal. This break will hopefully reset him. 

He wasn't even good against Coventry, he scored 2 goals that's it, apart from those 2 moments, he's been missing the whole season 

• Like 2

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Fair comment I think.  The issue seems to me that Maresca's system needs those busy bodies pressing but, unlike the best teams playing this way, arguably our most industrious players in the middle, Ndidi and KDH, just aren't wonderful on the ball.  

I haven't seen enough of Casedei yet but hopefully he has the energy Maresca needs but also has the quality on the ball in the final third.  

I agree. One of the issues I have with trying to implement a system played by Man City is that there aren't many players at Championship level who have the all around game to press and then be technically good enough in attack. Hopefully Casedei is one of them though. As clumsy as Wilf looks at times, I actually think he's looked more dangerous in forward areas than KDH so far this season. 

Pre-season against Liverpool is the best i have seen him play for us. He moved the ball quickly and played 1-2 touch football. So it makes me question why in league matches he seems to always require an extra touch or insists on holding onto the ball for 5 seconds too long.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We heard all this last season… He absolutely is one of our big problems and far from the “least” of our concerns. Having such a one-footed player in the centre of the pitch who constantly chooses the wrong option because he refuses to play the ball on his right foot is a big problem and has been for 18 months.

The guy might be a good player as a destroyer but we’re going to be having 65%+ possession in most games this season and we need a player who is much better on the ball in his position 

I just don't agree with that...

Just now, MancFox24 said:

I agree. One of the issues I have with trying to implement a system played by Man City is that there aren't many players at Championship level who have the all around game to press and then be technically good enough in attack. Hopefully Casedei is one of them though. As clumsy as Wilf looks at times, I actually think he's looked more dangerous in forward areas than KDH so far this season. 

Yeah exactly that.  I was hesitant to mention Man City because let's face it the quality they have everywhere is an anomaly in the game.  You can implement this system well without their level but I'm not sure KDH is showing enough currently to suggest he can.  

I love KDHs work rate and that he clearly cares. But he has been very wasteful since the Cov game.  What's weird is that he clearly has quality at moments, but there seems a lack of consistency. If he picks up, kicks on and becomes integral to Maresca's style I'll be absolutely delighted.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

His goal involvements (goals + assists) for the past 3 seasons:

9 (championship)

Not a stretch at all at Premier League level. 

N'didi with his high press, and Casadei with his proven ability to find the back of the net, should be in ahead of him.

It would take some pretty high numbers to justify carrying a player. Numbers he has never posted.

I just don't agree his weaknesses are as bad as you say at that level, but I know they're not at this level. 🤷‍♂️

It's a common theme that we, as a consensus  seem to go easy on him because he is a local lad, and more so because he managed to bag a brace against Coventry. Great.

Other than that, he has been poor. Possession football is good and all, but if we can't make the most of it, then you have to look at KDH's on the ball technique, and it just hasn't been good enough. And no, I'm not just targeting KDH, but he needs to improve. Sharpish.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

And Foxestalks latest scapegoat is......

Kiernan 

Dewsbury 

Hall!!!!

Well done Foxestalkers!!!🙄

Because he's consistently been poor in ways that he could fix extremely easily. 

It's not just this season either. Takes far to many touches, every time he gets the ball it's the kdh show. Runs his way into traffic. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Players are in and out of games, but he isn’t a match changer. How many times has he done it in two/three seasons? Once as I recall and that was a month ago against Coventry.

He should have let the ball run today but took the ball himself and hit it wide. That’s effecting a game negatively.

And I don’t know why you keep banging on about former players. I’ve spent the last year defending Maddison. 

At this level he is a match changer and has the potential to be at Premier League level, I also think his weaknesses are massively overplayed in this thread. 

I'm talking generalised as I have no idea who anyone in this thread is, I just know I read similar about the aforementioned players and thought/posted about how ridiculous it was then too.

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

At this level he is a match changer and has the potential to be at Premier League level, I also think his weaknesses are massively overplayed in this thread. 

I'm talking generalised as I have no idea who anyone in this thread is, I just know I read similar about the aforementioned players and thought/posted about how ridiculous it was then too.

Nothing in the past 3 years of watching him has made me think he can be an influential premier league player. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

So you think he is playing well? Cov game apart, he has been below par especially at this standard. I am retisent to say it, but he does look like a man who may be starting to believe his own hype.

Up to now he's been doing enough for me. Not anything like his potential, but not a weak link either.

I think a season of starting at this level tidies up his game enough that he'll be one of our nailed on starters for the foreseeable, unless he is bought for 20M+ before then.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Nothing in the past 3 years of watching him has made me think he can be an influential premier league player. 

OK 🤷‍♂️

Maybe, maybe not, but for anyone to say he's not good enough at this level is laughable and just downright odd considering he's a) clearly good enough for this level, and, b) one of our own.

Edited by BigGibbo
Typo
  • Haha 1