Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

OK 🤷‍♂️

Maybe, maybe not, but for anyone to say he's not good enough at this level is laughable and just downright odd considering he's a) clearly good enough for this level, and, b) one of our own.

I've not said he isn't good enough. But he has had enough games now for him to be contributing far more. Also, one of our own is nonsense, I want players who perform week in week out regardless of where they are from, no one should get a free pass based on geography.

• Like 1

Just now, BigMicky said:

I've not said he isn't good enough. But he has had enough games now for him to be contributing far more. Also, one of our own is nonsense, I want players who perform week in week out regardless of where they are from, no one should get a free pass based on geography.

What I mean by that is that I don't get why someone would single out an academy graduate who is doing OK when we have far bigger problems on bigger wages. That applies more to last season possibly, but still he's the least of our concerns for me.

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because he's consistently been poor in ways that he could fix extremely easily. 

It's not just this season either. Takes far to many touches, every time he gets the ball it's the kdh show. Runs his way into traffic. 

Which player or players in the last 2 seasons HAVE deserved much praise for consistency?

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont know how many times it needs to be said but hes not an attacking midfielder. Rodgers failed with him there and Enzo isnt getting the creativity from it either. Hes a John Mcginn terrier type not the man to pick the eye of the needle pass. Absolutley mental they didnt sign a creative number 10 after Maddisons departure. 

Enzo’s set up doesn’t utilise a number 10. 

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont know how many times it needs to be said but hes not an attacking midfielder. Rodgers failed with him there and Enzo isnt getting the creativity from it either. Hes a John Mcginn terrier type not the man to pick the eye of the needle pass. Absolutley mental they didnt sign a creative number 10 after Maddisons departure. 

Casadei? For me him and Dewsbury-Hall should combine for the high press with Casadei the more attacking/creative one and now we have proper wingers both sides and Winks sitting deep that should be enough creativity-wise.

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Casadei? For me him and Dewsbury-Hall should combine for the high press with Casadei the more attacking/creative one and now we have proper wingers both sides and Winks sitting deep that should be enough creativity-wise.

Hes more of an 8 then an out and out 10 but i would deffo be playing him there over KDH. Id be trying Casadei Winks and McAteer as the 3 in midfield or when under the cosh Hamza, Winks and Casadei 

10 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

What I mean by that is that I don't get why someone would single out an academy graduate who is doing OK when we have far bigger problems on bigger wages. That applies more to last season possibly, but still he's the least of our concerns for me.

Why does the fact he's an academy graduate come into the equation? 

He doesn't get more or less credit, leeway or scrutiny from me because of that fact. 

A player is a player is a player.

I was born in Leicester but it doesn't mean you want me in the starting XI.

He is singled out because people think he is one of our worst players at the moment. And I would argue it is one of our big concerns given we can't seem to sustain attacks and find a way through. His losing the ball and sloppy passing is a big part of that which is our main issue right now.

You seem determined that he'll come good because he's an academy player. I personally couldn't care less, I just want our best players on the pitch wherever they're from. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

It's just my opinion, but I believe his lack of quality, creativity and composure playing in the role that he is, is a big concern.

We need better, if not from him, then from someone else who might replace him.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Why does the fact he's an academy graduate come into the equation? 

He doesn't get more or less credit, leeway or scrutiny from me because of that fact. 

A player is a player is a player.

I was born in Leicester but it doesn't mean you want me in the starting XI.

He is singled out because people think he is one of our worst players at the moment. And I would argue it is one of our big concerns given we can't seem to sustain attacks and find a way through. His losing the ball and sloppy passing is a big part of that which is our main issue right now.

You seem determined that he'll come good because he's an academy player. I personally couldn't care less, I just want our best players on the pitch wherever they're from. 

I guess I have a mild academy bias in that I want at least some of our squad to be made up of them so when one is clearly good enough I might give them slightly more slack. 

Still though I don't agree that he is one of our worst players or our weak link regardless and I believe he'll come good because he has proven he was capable at this level prior to breaking into our first team let alone after 2 years Premier League experience.

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

It's just my opinion, but I believe his lack of quality, creativity and composure playing in the role that he is, is a big concern.

We need better, if not from him, then from someone else who might replace him.

OK. Agree to disagree, but again, at this level especially, he is the least of our concerns for me.

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I guess I have a mild academy bias in that I want at least some of our squad to be made up of them so when one is clearly good enough I might give them slightly more slack. 

Still though I don't agree that he is one of our worst players or our weak link regardless and I believe he'll come good because he has proven he was capable at this level prior to breaking into our first team let alone after 2 years Premier League experience.

He could come good, but he's in really bad form. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we need to sell him to the first bidder. Just that it's time he sat out, looked himself in the mirror and go again in a few games' time.

Edited by Nod.E

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes more of an 8 then an out and out 10 but i would deffo be playing him there over KDH. Id be trying Casadei Winks and McAteer as the 3 in midfield or when under the cosh Hamza, Winks and Casadei 

Sure, but an 8 is more what we play with in this system. I'd say;

McAteer                           Fatawu

KDH             Casadei

Winks

Personally as I think KDH is tenacious enough for the high press and more creative than Ndidi. Hamza as backup for KDH.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

He could come good, but he's in really bad form. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we need to sell him to the first bidder. Just that it's time he sat out, looked himself in the mirror and go again in a few games' time.

Sure, if he was dropped for a game or two I'm not gonna complain. Same as McAteer was after scoring two. They should all know there is plenty of competition for their place.

1 hour ago, BigGibbo said:

The hate on him is utterly asinine.

Surely the same people that gave Maddison and Barnes constant flack, but when you look at their numbers they always contributed more than most. He will be in the running for our player of the season and in the Championship team of the season come the end, but will still have simpletons saying he's not good enough.

If you dare to point out that ‘one of our own’ isn’t pulling up trees at the moment then you get accused of ‘hate’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

If you dare to point out that ‘one of our own’ isn’t pulling up trees at the moment then you get accused of ‘hate’.

No. If you scapegoat him and say he's not good enough you get challenged. Maybe hate wasn't the exact appropriate word, but the point remains the same.

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

No. If you scapegoat him and say he's not good enough you get challenged. Maybe hate wasn't the exact appropriate word, but the point remains the same.

But it's not scapegoating if he has consistently been among our worst performers lol 

You said yourself you may be prone to academy bias and I think it's shining through here.

• Like 1