Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Just now, Nod.E said:

But it's not scapegoating if he has consistently been among our worst performers lol 

You said yourself you may be prone to academy bias and I think it's shining through here.

I don't think he has been consistently one of our worst performers though.

He's contributed more than most going on stats and hasn't been especially bad in many games. Not to mention until today we had been winning every game and he's not the reason we didn't win today.

He was sub-par, but Doyle cost us the goal and others spurned chances one or two of which he created and on another day we win with those same chances created and the same xG as today.

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Do many other clubs at this level have a starter in the middle of midfield who comes out in hives whenever they need to use their weaker foot?

You’d have struggled to believe he was left footed today given those two woeful shots he scuffed wide in the first half.

6 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

He's contributed more than most going on stats and hasn't been especially bad in many games. Not to mention until today we had been winning every game and he's not the reason we didn't win today.

He was sub-par, but Doyle cost us the goal and others spurned chances one or two of which he created and on another day we win with those same chances created and the same xG as today.

Only Vardy, Vesty and N'didi rank lower than him on this season's match ratings of players that have played more than 1 game, and he's only doing 0.2 better than them. No doubting that'll be because he was the match winner on the first day. 

So objectively speaking he has been one of our worst players, going on stats.

Editing to add that he did indeed get an 8.2 for his two goals against Coventry, which is ridiculous by the way. Awful all game then happens to score a couple. Take that away and he's rock bottom as our worst rated player of the season. 

I don't want this to turn into an argument about how rankings are formed, though. I just want this to highlight that objectively speaking he is in poor form.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Only Vardy, Vesty and N'didi rank lower than him on this season's match ratings of players that have played more than 1 game, and he's only doing 0.2 better than them. No doubting that'll be because he was the match winner on the first day. 

So objectively speaking he has been one of our worst players, going on stats.

I was talking more goal contributions/official stats, but are you talking about match ratings on Foxestalk?

Just now, BigGibbo said:

I was talking more goal contributions/official stats, but are you talking about match ratings on Foxestalk?

Yes. Even with an 8.2 for scoring 2 on the opening day, he's still among our worst performers. He isn't playing well and I'm sorry but you're going to have to accept that, academy player or not lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Editing to add that he did indeed get an 8.2 for his two goals against Coventry, which is ridiculous by the way. Awful all game then happens to score a couple.

This goes back to my point earlier about how he affects games. If he wins us the game how can he have had an awful game. It doesn't really matter if he's anonymous for 89 mins if in one minute he wins us the game.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Yes. Even with an 8.2 for scoring 2 on the opening day, he's still among our worst performers. He isn't playing well and I'm sorry but you're going to have to accept that, academy player or not lol 

Sure. OK then. I'll agree to drop him for the next game 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, BigGibbo said:

This goes back to my point earlier about how he affects games. If he wins us the game how can he have had an awful game. It doesn't really matter if he's anonymous for 89 mins if in one minute he wins us the game.

1 game, and had he not been stinking the place out all game for Cov we might not have needed his last gasp efforts. 

I'll happily take his once-a-blue-moon goal contributions out and have them replaced with a player that doesn't mess up pretty much every pass asked of him. 

If that's KDH in better form, fine. He needs some time out to rediscover the skill of passing the ball 5 yards to a team mate without hitting it behind them, knee high or at 100mph.

• Like 2

Oh dear KDH having had such a promising debut season your promise has slipped and last years consistent poor form has carried over. Your team mates are wrongly derided for slipping through passes only to find you’re still rocking on your heels. Measured passes often to the wrong side and you are clearly deluded if you think you are the answer to  replace madders at set pieces. Time for a break my friend. Have a rest on the bench and let others more capable drive the midfield.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont know how many times it needs to be said but hes not an attacking midfielder. Rodgers failed with him there and Enzo isnt getting the creativity from it either. Hes a John Mcginn terrier type not the man to pick the eye of the needle pass. Absolutley mental they didnt sign a creative number 10 after Maddisons departure. 

...we do not play #10s in this setup, but I understand what you mean!!!

Signing someone like Oscar Bobb would have been the obvious choice.

59 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Let’s be honest, with nonsense you’ve been spouting about Doyle it’s a bit weird you’re here defending someone who’s been consistently worse this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't think he's actually put in a decent 90 minute performance yet this season, so selfish at Huddersfield and again today (his tame shot was asking for a lay off to Mavididi 3 touches earlier), his passing being just smashing it at people's knees slows us right down. Even against Cov he was not involved until the goals. Drop him

Just now, Simmo86 said:

Let’s be honest, with nonsense you’ve been spouting about Doyle it’s a bit weird you’re here defending someone who’s been consistently worse this season.

I said he should be moved into his natural position or dropped for an actual fullback. He's been most culpable for a couple of goals we've conceded off the top of my head and his positioning as a full back and ability to deal with wingers has been exposed several times up to now including today. Hardly that controversial of a position.

KDH has won us at least one game and played sub-par but not particularly bad for others.

Just now, BigGibbo said:

I said he should be moved into his natural position or dropped for an actual fullback. He's been most culpable for a couple of goals we've conceded off the top of my head and his positioning as a full back and ability to deal with wingers has been exposed several times up to now including today. Hardly that controversial of a position.

KDH has won us at least one game and played sub-par but not particularly bad for others.

He cost us a goal against Rotherham, today he was left completely isolated by a  good diagonal, probably should’ve shown Delap down the line but 99 times of of 100 that shot goes wides and we crack on, just unlucky.

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

He cost us a goal against Rotherham, today he was left completely isolated by a  good diagonal, probably should’ve shown Delap down the line but 99 times of of 100 that shot goes wides and we crack on, just unlucky.

Rotherham? Thought it was Cardiff where he set them up with a 5 yard pass well behind Ndidi

Just now, Simmo86 said:

Unlucky or not he has been skinned multiple times and eventually it was going to cost us a goal. Maybe he adapts quickly to a new position but today was one of his worst games for me so far so its not like he's showing significant improvement as a full back as yet. McAteer got dropped after scoring a brace so can't see why he wouldn't get benched (or tried in his natural position) after that 🤷‍♂️

I agree with several comments about KDH’s performance over the last season or so such as not influencing games, poor distribution, shot selection and pass choices etc. However, what really concerns me most is how he lacks effort and drive in key passages of the game and his head quickly drops. This was typical of many of our players last year and contributed to our relegation. He really has to eliminate this from his game. 

Edited by Harry the Cat
Typo