Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Just now, BigGibbo said:

Unlucky or not he has been skinned multiple times and eventually it was going to cost us a goal. Maybe he adapts quickly to a new position but today was one of his worst games for me so far so its not like he's showing significant improvement as a full back as yet. McAteer got dropped after scoring a brace so can't see why he wouldn't get benched (or tried in his natural position) after that 🤷‍♂️

He’s a fullback, most apart from the elite do get skinned in a game. Ricardo got skinned aswell. Doyle is far from the biggest problem in the team.

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

He’s a fullback, most apart from the elite do get skinned in a game. Ricardo got skinned aswell. Doyle is far from the biggest problem in the team.

Eh? His position is CB, but he's being played at fullback.

Anyway I didn't say we should send him back to Manchester just that he's looking obviously out of position at left back to me.

1 hour ago, BigGibbo said:

No. If you scapegoat him and say he's not good enough you get challenged. Maybe hate wasn't the exact appropriate word, but the point remains the same.

Honestly, I believe people say it as they see it.

There is nothing fans like more than to see "one of their own" do well, and take no pleasure in criticising when they're not.

KDH was rightly lauded when he first got into the first team, he was a breath of fresh air, but he dropped way off of those levels last season and so far this season.

Whether that is through a lack of form and confidence  or whether its because he has become more scrutinised by opposing teams since he done so well when he first came into the team, and they have worked out his weaknesses,  and are playing on them, I don't know.

8 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Unlucky or not he has been skinned multiple times and eventually it was going to cost us a goal. Maybe he adapts quickly to a new position but today was one of his worst games for me so far so its not like he's showing significant improvement as a full back as yet. McAteer got dropped after scoring a brace so can't see why he wouldn't get benched (or tried in his natural position) after that 🤷‍♂️

So you’re calling out (I won’t use the term hate) one player yet defending another, who it seems the majority on here see as worse, because he’s ex academy.

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Honestly, I believe people say it as they see it.

There is nothing fans like more than to see "one of their own" do well, and take no pleasure in criticising when they're not.

KDH was rightly lauded when he first got into the first team, he was a breath of fresh air, but he dropped way off of those levels last season and so far this season.

Whether that is through a lack of form and confidence  or whether its because he has become more scrutinised by opposing teams since he done so well when he first came into the team, and they have worked out his weaknesses,  and are playing on them, I don't know.

Sure, but last season everybody and everything went to shit. This season we have won every game bar today and he has contributed to those victories. He has 2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games whilst still getting over borderline PTSD from last season and years of Brendan's anti-football teachings so I don't think it's as bad as some are making out all things considered. 

If he puts in the effort under Maresca I'm pretty sure he will be one of the best players in the Championship this season.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So you’re calling out (I won’t use the term hate) one player yet defending another, who it seems the majority on here see as worse, because he’s ex academy.

I'm more calling out the managerial selection with Doyle at LB as his defensive positioning and ability as a full back has been exposed multiple times. I would actually rather him than Vesty at CB until Coady is back.

Just now, BigGibbo said:

Sure, but last season everybody and everything went to shit. This season we have won every game bar today and he has contributed to those victories. He has 2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games whilst still getting over borderline PTSD from last season and years of Brendan's anti-football teachings so I don't think it's as bad as some are making out all things considered. 

If he puts in the effort under Maresca I'm pretty sure he will be one of the best players in the Championship this season.

You keep mentioning his numbers, he’s had a good 20 minutes against co*, take that out and he’s not looked good for 4 games. 

• Like 1

I love him to pieces. He’s a local lad, his work rate is very good and he seems a top bloke too but for heavens sake man..stop strutting around thinking you’re Grealish.

I honestly think if he develops his game as an 8, gets more of a right foot and becomes a leader (which I think he can be) then there’s a few England caps in him. I really do think that. 

Knuckle down, work on your game and became a fan favourite for this club. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You keep mentioning his numbers, he’s had a good 20 minutes against co*, take that out and he’s not looked good for 4 games. 

If you say so, I don't think he's been that bad. He also got us the assist for the win against Huddersfield. So that's 2 games he's won us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

He always puts in the effort, that can never be questioned with KDH.

He also always brings energy to the team, which is a good thing, but 25 mins apart against Cov, he's been lacking in quality, creativity and composure.

All of which are vital in the position that he is being asked to play.

Again, I don't know if that is confidence, or genuine lack of ability, but he needs to improve, to be worthwhile in that position.

• Like 3

Just now, smudger63 said:

He always puts in the effort, that can never be questioned with KDH.

He also always brings energy to the team, which is a good thing, but 25 mins apart against Cov, he's been lacking in quality, creativity and composure.

All of which are vital in the position that he is being asked to play.

Again, I don't know if that is confidence, or genuine lack of ability, but he needs to improve, to be worthwhile in that position.

They all need to improve, we're a team full of relegated players and cheap replacements for better players so far so I'm not arguing that. Just that as I see it KDH is the least of our worries, not someone who should be singled out.

Admittedly it's a low bar, but as poor as KDH was today, he was better than Ndidi. I honestly thought Wilf's performance today was absolutely pathetic. I get that he's not comfortable in that position, but that's actually nothing to do with how sloppy and lethargic he was. 

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Praet and Casedei would be the preferred option if fit for KDH/Nididi going off todays performances

I feel like Praet could still play a big role in promotion if Enzo has him in his plans. Just my opinion but I think Praet would suit the role KDH is playing really well and he's very comfortable with both feet. Can't come back from Injury fast enough imo. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This really needs to stop.

Stop classing criticism for a footballer as 'hate'. No-one is giving him abuse in the street, people aren't outside his house giving him grief, he's getting negative criticism on an internet forum ffs.

It's pathetic, this place is full of this kind of crap nowadays but that's just modern society in general I think. People who act like it's some sort of crime to criticise anything on quite literally a football forum. Wish we had a mute feature for such drivel.

• Like 3