Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

10 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

After the first game he talked about wanting to be the best player in the division. Whilst I admire that confidence, right now he needs to focus on the basics and being the most effective player in our midfield.

.. what we are seeing is him conflicted with how he wants to play and what he has been asked to do!!!

This is ⁷much more what he was like in the U23s, does his job,  good workmate, not a great effect on the team. Send him off on loan and he comes back with a different persona, he is playing higher up the pitch and proficient with either feet, and unshakable confidence in himself.

Every season he says there is much more to come, yet we get these performances from him such as yesterday's and he is attempting to marry the loan player with the academy player and becoming frustrated.

Perhaps playing in another system may bring out the "loan player' in him, and he seemed a lot happier in himself when he was allowed to play that way.

12 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I love him to pieces. He’s a local lad, his work rate is very good and he seems a top bloke too but for heavens sake man..stop strutting around thinking you’re Grealish.

I honestly think if he develops his game as an 8, gets more of a right foot and becomes a leader (which I think he can be) then there’s a few England caps in him. I really do think that. 

Knuckle down, work on your game and became a fan favourite for this club. 

Just spat my tea out at the thought of KDH in an England shirt 😂

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're missing the point completely. If this was Mavididi that's a reasonable argument but but we are talking about a central midfielder here. Not a wide forward or number 10. You can't be a moments player or anonymous in CM it's the engine room Ffs and without it firing the team don't work

I was saying that more to accentuate my point - I don't actually believe he is half as bad as those here are saying, but if he was and still won us the game that could be forgiven. If he started costing us games that would be different, but I don't see him doing that 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Messi said:

Of course it’s to do with the type of player somebody is, what a weird comment. We need a player in there to keep the ball moving quick, he isn’t that player as he has to have 2-3 touches to constantly bring the ball back to his left foot and loses any kind of momentum more often than not. 

Disagree he gets into great areas but his final pass is quite often woeful, either under hit and intercepted or over hit and goes out of play. The style of play Enzo adopts gives the no 8’s the opportunity to absolutely dominate games, KDH is getting into great positions time and time again but his decision making or execution of pass/shot at times is absolutely honking. 

if he is prepared to work hard on technical stuff and his in game concentration and decision making then he is being given the platform to be a player who can deliver big goal involvement numbers. He has had opportunities in every game this season where better decision making and better quality of pass or shot would have led to goals or assists. 

11 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I was saying that more to accentuate my point - I don't actually believe he is half as bad as those here are saying, but if he was and still won us the game that could be forgiven. If he started costing us games that would be different, but I don't see him doing that 🤷‍♂️

You could argue he cost us yesterday, if he could have shoot better, make a simple pass better, laid Mavididi off, we could of scored, better decision making. I know is all ifs and buts... he did cost us

4 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Cost us a goal though didn’t it.

Nobody likes a smart arse, especially when wrong.

Cost is a goal not the game, still have 3 points on board, you made it out like we lost the game! If we lost 2 points then I get your point

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Go back and read where I said it cost us the game and then come back to me. 

KDH not being able to make a 5 yard pass cost us against Cardiff.

Anyone read that would of thought we lost the game or dropped points,where did it day it cost us a goal either.

dumb ass

This is not Soumare we are talking about. KDH has been good for us in the past, very good at times. But he is in rotten form at the moment and looks sorry for himself.

How he gets his confidence restored is a challenge for both him and the manager over the next couple of weeks. If that is unsuccessful, he needs to be dropped - as a promotion-chasing team can afford no passengers - but I’m sure he will eventually prove his worth again - as, lest we forget, he did less than a month ago against Coventry.

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're missing the point completely. If this was Mavididi that's a reasonable argument but but we are talking about a central midfielder here. Not a wide forward or number 10. You can't be a moments player or anonymous in CM it's the engine room Ffs and without it firing the team don't work

Andy King made a career out of it. 

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Really needs to work on his passing, then again, the whole team needs to practice shooting, at times I thought it was a rugby match the way the ball flew over the goal into the stands.

...it has always amazed me just how poor players are whilst shooting inside or outside the box!!!

Ricardo sent one flying over the bar, due to leaning back whilst shooting.  If you can't get your knee over the ball, look to recycle, it is only going to go in one direction. For a team that trains everyday at passing,  it is strange how passes in the final third are overhit, behind the intended receiver, or thrown into the box as a last resort, without identifying a recipient. Besides the McAteer headed goal, how many times do we score with headers, it makes no sense putting in crosses when we are inept at converting them.