Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

12 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Enzo's calmed him down a bit, and he's trying not to do everything.  I know it is the Championship but at this moment in time, he's starting to become more consistent and fulfilling the potential we knew he had.

At times, it has looked like he was trying too hard. I mean, that''s better than last season, where most of them (not KDH) didn't look like they were trying at all. But sometimes, trying too hard doesn't result in optimum performance. Trying to do too much of everything and not focusing on a few things done well. Enzo has clearly been working with him on this.

If "shooting from his house" is a direct Enzo quote, brilliant, just brilliant. What a man :appl:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

If KDH and/or family are regular readers of FT they should be fully aware that half of the stuff posted is utter sh1te, and we have a disproportionate number of fans who are numpties.

Not to say there hasn't been valid constructive criticism at times, but there's an awful lot of guff.

If you're looking for proper feedback Kiernon, I'd chat to Enzo.

Also his peers, players player of the year award and opponent managers gushing over him. Maybe it’s them that’s out of touch *insert skinner meme*

It doesn’t take much to work out what opinion really matters. Not the Foxestalk over analylysed, critical gubbins every game, even when he’s had a good game. It’s not even critical, they don’t and will never like him as player, it’s a little strange. 

He isn’t the perfect player but he is the driving force in our attacking 3rd and has, year on year improved as a player. If he isn’t getting our player of the season award I’d be shocked. 

Sure he’ll have a bad game and we can discuss what went wrong. But he’ll not be dropped by Enzo when the four fingered pitchfork carriers come out on Foxestalk start screeching. 

• Like 3

He's improving with each game he plays. To his credit he's clearly taking his football seriously and learning more from Enzo than he did from Brendan.

Scoring goals along the way will give him confidence.

With Madison and Tielemans going he seizing his opportunity to become the star of the team.

Long may it continue as it gives credit to supporting our own Academy graduates into the future.

• Like 1

Could his celebration not just have meant that he was enjoying listening to his name being chanted? 

Or playing up to the crowd like Maresca wants? 

Or maybe he was just pissed off at all the idiots shouting forward every few minutes because they lack any kind of patience... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

If KDH and/or family are regular readers of FT they should be fully aware that half of the stuff posted is utter sh1te, and we have a disproportionate number of fans who are numpties.

Not to say there hasn't been valid constructive criticism at times, but there's an awful lot of guff.

If you're looking for proper feedback Kiernon, I'd chat to Enzo.

Absolutely.

It's the same goons and clueless fools that were fixated and intent upon badmouthing Ben Chilwell. It's embarrassing. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've not seen anything other than in-match criticism of KDH, and everyone is entitled to make comments or observations.  Even if it is over the top or reactionary. 

Every single player will have similar comments. 

He seems to like all the positive stuff but get the hump with the negative stuff. You can't have it both ways imo. He's been poor at times and people have called it, particularly when you know what's he's capable of - equally he deserves credit for his display last night and others this season.

I do think there's a lot of hype about him, largely from outside the club and the fanbase which is a bit misguided imo.

I think he has to do a bit more when the play is like it was in the first half.

Yes, he was being marked but both he and Vardy were guilty of not really moving to create space.

Cant argue with his finish to the game though. If he can do that consistently then he'll be nominated for the player of the year.

I bet there's a really close correlation between fans who couldn't for the life of them work out how to access bonus streams last night... and those who are impatient with our current style of play lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Both box to box players. Both make late runs into the box. King was a better passer and had better technique. They're not all that different imo.

King was far less dynamic and his passing wasn’t very progressive. He was very accurate but never probed with the ball.

KDH is more all action, carries and dribbles more often but is rougher around the edges.

3 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

He's putting in the goals that will get him noticed by the big dinosaur clubs. Not saying he'd go, but come January it won't be a surprise to see an offer from a Pool or Manure.

I honestly don't see how he's anywhere near good enough technically, for either, especially at the price we'd ask for

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That's ridiculously kind to Andy King lol

They're nothing alike tbh. KDH is all bundles of aggression, work rate, athleticism, carries the ball through the middle of the park well and does alright in the final third. 

Andy King was the League One Lampard. Bit on dimensional in his passing game round the park but a very composed finisher who could time a very good run in to the box to find space. His all round contributions to play were largely poor once he had to sit deeper and actually cover the middle of the park. 

He had all the pace of Vestergaard, all the aggression in the tackle of Maddison and all the vision on the ball of Danny Simpson. 

He's a legend here for the things that made him an exemplary character, his loyalty, honesty, decency, effort, leadership, he's an all round great human being. But that always lead to people wildly exaggerating how effective he was on the pitch outside League One and that's only gotten more so as the years go by. 

He was nowhere near either the attribute profile or the caliber of KDH who is a victim of his own early success really. He's home grown and had a bright start so everyone expected him to be perfect and now he gets more criticism than he deserves because people feel disappointed by his flaws. It's a bit harsh tbh. He's been decent so far this year, just have to accept there's things he needs to work on. If he applies himself no doubt he'll improve no end under Maresca but he's already comfortably premier league class and anyone trying to deny that is being a plank. 

Agree with the misconceptions of what Andy King was as years go by. But you're forgetting some outstanding seasons in the Championship. When we first went up and he maintained his position when Sven was chucking all his millions around. Far more than just a great League One player. He was too tired for Championship too. 

Add to that all the things you say. He highlighted the fact you win nothing without a fully commited squad. Plenty of great XIs have suffered because there's players in the squad moaning they aren't playing. We were so lucky to have players like King around.

43 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Absolutely.

It's the same goons and clueless fools that were fixated and intent upon badmouthing Ben Chilwell. It's embarrassing. 

Ben Chilwell gets critisism for the comments he has made since leaving not sure that is the same as critiseing a player that is at the club and obviously loving playing for us

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Ben Chilwell gets critisism for the comments he has made since leaving not sure that is the same as critiseing a player that is at the club and obviously loving playing for us

Wrong - and the standard default apologist's answer.

As a player, Ben Chilwell received continual abuse and constant derogatory criticism both on this forum and consistent unwarranted taunts and barracking from supposed home fans in the stands. KDH appears to be heading towards a similar fate. 

Why? Because elements of our fanbase are very, very thick and love a scapegoat. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Think he's on about when he was still here

• Like 2

For me - KDH has got a great engine and can have flashes of brilliance either with a great through ball / cross field ball or a great finish, and that is enough for us to be super proud of him as a home grown talisman . However, i don't think we can seriously say his general play (first touch, decision making, defensive positioning) is that of a high quality premier league player. His engine gets him out of a lot of trouble and means he is in the game right til the end which is brilliant, but he's not a £40-50m player IMO. I hope he grows as the season progresses and gets nearer to that which will mean he can be our leader when we go up, but i've seen a lot of players who are at least his equal among the opposition players this season. 

Not intended to be a negative post as i'm a big fan. But hearing things like 'he just does not belong in this league' from opposition managers is more them trying to bump their players up for the next game than it is a statement of fact!