Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

For me - KDH has got a great engine and can have flashes of brilliance either with a great through ball / cross field ball or a great finish, and that is enough for us to be super proud of him as a home grown talisman . However, i don't think we can seriously say his general play (first touch, decision making, defensive positioning) is that of a high quality premier league player. His engine gets him out of a lot of trouble and means he is in the game right til the end which is brilliant, but he's not a £40-50m player IMO. I hope he grows as the season progresses and gets nearer to that which will mean he can be our leader when we go up, but i've seen a lot of players who are at least his equal among the opposition players this season. 

Not intended to be a negative post as i'm a big fan. But hearing things like 'he just does not belong in this league' from opposition managers is more them trying to bump their players up for the next game than it is a statement of fact!

I think that it's having the opposite impact on other teams. When we score now other teams immediately resign themselves to losing. We are winning games before they even start.

Agree with your points on KDH but for a late developer i have faith he will continue to grow and will become a sensational player. Currently he's a joke to have in the Championship and there are still areas he will be targeting to improve. Really like him

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

I think that it's having the opposite impact on other teams. When we score now other teams immediately resign themselves to losing. We are winning games before they even start.

Agree with your points on KDH but for a late developer i have faith he will continue to grow and will become a sensational player. Currently he's a joke to have in the Championship and there are still areas he will be targeting to improve. Really like him

think he could definitely develop to be a very good prem player, and massively hope he does. I think part of it is him finding where on the pitch he can cause maximum impact and playing there. he used to be defensive which wasn't him, then was inside left and now plays properly central drifting just left (wilf was left of him yesterday for instance). 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I bet there's a really close correlation between fans who couldn't for the life of them work out how to access bonus streams last night... and those who are impatient with our current style of play lol 

Times by the fans who think the KP should be like the Estadio Alberto J Armando

• Haha 1

It's hard to warm to KDH because he plays with an arrogance like he's too good for this level, when I've not witnessed anything from him to suggest that's the case.

He's clearly very effective and better than most at this level, as his stats this season so far show - but the jury is out on whether he'd be a standout/regular at the top level. I think he also suffers disproportionally from being one of those players that could be truly excellent if he could iron out some of the more obvious flaws in his game - all of them mentioned before in this thread. Were he to address them, then there might be a real risk of losing him in January.

I'm not really sure on the celebration from last night, but the general throwing-arms-up-in-the-air-when-he-isn't-passed-to attitude he exudes doesn't help. Interesting to note he doesn't do it to Vards or Riccy when they don't cue him up - he's clearly got a high opinion of himself (not intrinsically a bad thing) but knows his place when it comes to real quality and longevity.

Perhaps it's just his playing personality - who knows. But if he could get his head down, accept and work on his flaws to supplement his obvious ability, and play with a smile on his face - I think he'd improve as a player, more fans would warm to him, and he'd get his big money move if that's what he's after.

• Like 2

Didn't think that KDH had a great game last night.  Yes, he scored 2 goals, and run around lots, but thought he was off the pace quite a bit and misplaced more than his fair share.

He will (and has had) much better games and will not score.

Im sure some gave him MOTM for his goals alone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SpacedX said:

Wrong - and the standard default apologist's answer.

As a player, Ben Chilwell received continual abuse and constant derogatory criticism both on this forum and consistent unwarranted taunts and barracking from supposed home fans in the stands. KDH appears to be heading towards a similar fate. 

Why? Because elements of our fanbase are very, very thick and love a scapegoat. 

No to be fair Ithought the person was talking about the abuse Chilwell gets now not whilst he was at the club. I defended Chilwell whilst he was at the club. But behaviours since he has left make the critisism valid

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He's hitting his prime right now, if he doesn't make the England squad in the next two years that should be his aim. 

He stays with us he comfortably gets 20 goals this season.

Doesn't hit that unless he moves to a top 6 side. 

Maddison had to do the same to get picked despite being in form very similar to how he was with us. 

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

It's hard to warm to KDH because he plays with an arrogance like he's too good for this level, when I've not witnessed anything from him to suggest that's the case.

He's clearly very effective and better than most at this level, as his stats this season so far show - but the jury is out on whether he'd be a standout/regular at the top level. I think he also suffers disproportionally from being one of those players that could be truly excellent if he could iron out some of the more obvious flaws in his game - all of them mentioned before in this thread. Were he to address them, then there might be a real risk of losing him in January.

I'm not really sure on the celebration from last night, but the general throwing-arms-up-in-the-air-when-he-isn't-passed-to attitude he exudes doesn't help. Interesting to note he doesn't do it to Vards or Riccy when they don't cue him up - he's clearly got a high opinion of himself (not intrinsically a bad thing) but knows his place when it comes to real quality and longevity.

Perhaps it's just his playing personality - who knows. But if he could get his head down, accept and work on his flaws to supplement his obvious ability, and play with a smile on his face - I think he'd improve as a player, more fans would warm to him, and he'd get his big money move if that's what he's after.

He actually had a bit of a ‘row’ with Riccy P in the 2nd half when he failed to pick him out 

On 04/10/2023 at 22:27, foxile5 said:

His finishing has improved. Seems very competent in the box at the minute. Hopefully this is a spring board to next season.

...he was very proficient whilst on loan at Luton, a different player compared to his time in the U23s!!!

His finishing should not be a surprise, just his decision-making and the quality in the last third.

29 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

IMG_0374.thumb.jpeg.db174be3fba29929469969ec4019d262.jpeg

The look on his face. Knows he looks like an utter tw@t in those threads. Even by Maddison standards that’s vile

£160 the club want for that denim jacket 😂

Moments before this he was smiling

Then the photographer said "Madders did a lot of this didn't he?? Do you still speak"

"Not really... :( "

Ha, I've just noticed the laces are little ropes! 10/10 for detail.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

IMG_0374.thumb.jpeg.db174be3fba29929469969ec4019d262.jpeg

The look on his face. Knows he looks like an utter tw@t in those threads. Even by Maddison standards that’s vile

£160 the club want for that denim jacket 😂

Probably thinking what sad twat would buy this stuff, then gets mail from Madders who has bought everything twice...

• Haha 3

On 05/10/2023 at 14:56, egg_fried_rice said:

Nailed it 👍🏼

He’s doing well for the most part but let’s give him a break of course he’s working on getting better. In maresca he has a coach who has helped many a player at man city reach their full potential. KDH has that potential to be even better and I think he will bu the end of this season. Under Rogers he regressed. Give him time and allow him to make mistakes, adjust and grow.

I just wish he'd lose his main character syndrome. He doesn't need 248 touches every time he gets the ball but it's like he's determined to show everyone he's the best ever to his own detriment. I actually think he would be the main man if he stopped trying so hard to be. 

Also stop taking set peices please. 

• Like 4