Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

As long as it’s not malicious, constructive criticism of KDH can be a good thing. He’s too good for this level, the stats show that. But with a few adjustments he could become a phenomenal player. There’s a reason why Liverpool were sniffing around. He’s got 5 goals so far, he could get 20 in a league like this!

If Maresca keeps his magic up, KDH will be capped for England. He shouldn’t just be a Premier League player, he should be a top quality one. If he can fulfil his potential!

• Like 3

as good as KDH can be, he still needs to develop his decision making in the final 3rd. think we've all lost count of the amount of counter attacks where he has either tried to take it himself, taken too many touches, or passed to the completely wrong person. But with the coaching he is now likely receiving, I don't see any reason why these creases in his game can't be ironed out and become the player we all know he can.

• Like 2

I thought we had a slight sticky patch at the start of the 2nd half but that KDH grabbed the game and really drove us on including setting up Fatawu's 2nd goal (lovely cameo form Wilf as well who looked out of it to me for the 1st 20 minutes or so - he looked like last years Wilf but came in to the game) 

Overall I thought he was our best outfield player with a notable mention to Stephy who terrorised their right back at times 

On 16/10/2023 at 19:44, StriderHiryu said:

As long as it’s not malicious, constructive criticism of KDH can be a good thing. He’s too good for this level, the stats show that. But with a few adjustments he could become a phenomenal player. There’s a reason why Liverpool were sniffing around. He’s got 5 goals so far, he could get 20 in a league like this!

If Maresca keeps his magic up, KDH will be capped for England. He shouldn’t just be a Premier League player, he should be a top quality one. If he can fulfil his potential!

If he’s going to be what you hope he’ll be @StriderHiryu then he’s going to have to improve - significantly - his first touch, his decision-making and develop a useable right foot. He’s the most one-footed player we’ve had since Schlupp.

I just can’t see it.

But remember, I was the one who saw McAteer play for Wimbledon last season and confidently pronounced he’d never make it at PL or even Championship level!

• Like 2

On 16/10/2023 at 15:53, notnow john said:

If only he didn’t have main character syndrome, took less than 200 touches,and kept away from set pieces 

Glass half empty?    What a pathetic judgement to make.   Main character syndrome.  Did you just make that up in a bitter reaction to a 3-1 away win?  200 touches?    He's a very effective player excelling at this level.   I suspect Maresca has thought about who takes the set pieces.

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Thought he was really good yesterday

Agreed. I criticised him a bit the first 3 or 4 matches, but he’s been excellent recently and really took the game by the scruff the neck yesterday. He was excellent in that second half, felt like everything was going through him.

16 minutes ago, majaco said:

Glass half empty?    What a pathetic judgement to make.   Main character syndrome.  Did you just make that up in a bitter reaction to a 3-1 away win?  200 touches?    He's a very effective player excelling at this level.   I suspect Maresca has thought about who takes the set pieces.

Is irony totally lost on you?.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

If he’s going to be what you hope he’ll be @StriderHiryu then he’s going to have to improve - significantly - his first touch, his decision-making and develop a useable right foot. He’s the most one-footed player we’ve had since Schlupp.

I just can’t see it.

But remember, I was the one who saw McAteer play for Wimbledon last season and confidently pronounced he’d never make it at PL or even Championship level!

Diego Maradona was totally one footed, but it didn't hold him back!

5 Goals, 4 assists in 12 games. The top ranked player statistically in the league. If we were a Premier League club, our transfer forum would be going crazy saying this is a player we should be looking to sign. What level can he get to? That we don't know yet, but he's clearly pretty good, and he has gone up a level since the first international break, the stats back him up on that.

Despite all that, he's still got room for growth. Right at the start of the second half, he had a chance that someone like him could / should bury. But he still made the decisive play to setup Fatawu. But I think it should be noted that this season is the most attacking he's been used with us, so he's learning as he goes. That's why he's still a bit rough round the edges on certain things.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He did better yesterday. Just needs some consistency with the decisions he makes. He has a tendancy to over run himself onto trouble but thay can be coached out. 

If the LM is correct, he received individual coaching on improving his release ball. Given performance yesterday, this may have improved decision making already.

Great engine, speed and work rate will only get him so far. 

As aforementioned needs to be able to: control ball more consistently (bounces off him on occasion), use his right foot more often, increase composure further when in goal scoring positions (numerous instances over this season and last where he’s blasted ball over the bar from inside the area). 

If these things happen then he’ll surely be in line for an England cap in time. 

This reminds me of those 'look at me now' episodes you would get on Jerry springer: a dude dumped his girlfriend because he didn't fancy her, said she was 5 stone overweight and had a terrible hairdo. Then, his ass gets dragged to the studio and is confronted by his now-hot ex-girlfriend, who has lost 5 stone, sorted her hair out and had a studio makeover.

What I am saying is, Dewsbury-hall might have been(definitely was)minging, and now he has corrected some of the things that made him minging, he is less minging(possible hot).

Both past criticism and current platitudes can both be true!

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

yeah man hate it when he whips in a corner right on JJ's noggin that goes in back of net

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

And he had the nerve to celebrate even though he didn't score. 

#maincharactersyndome

I think the post you're both quoting is quite obvious sarcasm?