Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Him and Castagne were the only ones willing to make runs in behind last night. Everyone else wanted it to feet which made us slow and ponderous in possession.

KDH’s energy and willingness to run into space and provide an option was exactly what we needed from minute 1. Well done Kiernan. 

• Like 1

I will say this much after watching the highlights back, if KDH wants to cement a place in the team he needs to work on his finishing. Can’t understand for the life of me why he didn’t head that ball into the bottom left corner instead of at Nacho. It’s a really poor header for me and he should have scored.

And then thinking back to the Brighton cup game, where he timed his run perfectly (doing that first bit great!) for Daka’s cut back, and with half the goal gaping he’s hit it straight above the keeper who’s got a finger to it to tip it onto & over the crossbar.

These were big moments for him and should have scored both.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

should have had a goal but for Nacho's arse getting in the way nice cameo from him, Rodgers needs to use him more, there are many games where Youri is out on his feet but stays on when its not needed

Youri is our only player who can actually consistently play through the lines, that’s why he absolutely is needed for 95mins in every game!

Just now, MalletFox said:

Youri is our only player who can actually consistently play through the lines, that’s why he absolutely is needed for 95mins in every game!

except no he isn't KDH did exactly that at Luton he obviously isn't at the same level but he is capable of doing that job, he wasn't asked to be a box to box player but Brendan thinks he is, the same way he thinks Soumare is even though he was always a DM at Lille.

There are games where we are winning comfortably and just playing the game out and Youri stays on when he is clearly exhausted, we do the same with Vardy, its stupid, look after the players better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Until he's so spent that he's thoroughly average or worse most of the time, instead of the player he can be when properly managed.

Edited by Deeg67

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

should have had a goal but for Nacho's arse getting in the way nice cameo from him, Rodgers needs to use him more, there are many games where Youri is out on his feet but stays on when its not needed

Even if it had not hit the arse of Nachoman and gone in, it probably would have been disallowed by VAR for Nacho interfering with the goalkeepers view?

14 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

This. Most frustrating and bizarre thing in the world seeing everyone cram in the middle of the pitch when theres an easy run /pass that can be made down the line.  Chilwells lack of overlap overlap with Barnes used to drive me mental, clearly being instructed not to do it by Rodgers as Chilwell plays more like a left winger for Chelsea now

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Result aside I thought he did well when he came on

Finally had someone on the pitch willing to underlap the wing back to provide a forward pass to

So close to scoring probably the winner if Iheanacho didn’t decide to turn into a Spartak defender

In fairness Soumare made 2 or 3 great runs and for whatever reason was ignored.  On 2 of the occasions he was probably clear through and if you watch it back he really has a go at Soyuncu for not giving it to him. 

It was actually bizarre because he was open, probably through on goal with a well weighted pass, the closest player to Cags and yet he decided to whip it into an area with about 4 spartek players around 2 of ours. Theres no way he didnt see him, more like hed made his mind up he was crossing it, before the ball arrived. Might go screenshot it because it was such a big moment, but completely unnoticed by most 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Even if it had not hit the arse of Nachoman and gone in, it probably would have been disallowed by VAR for Nacho interfering with the goalkeepers view?

I think Nacho was in an onside position and ran into the way of the header

• Like 1

15 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

This. Most frustrating and bizarre thing in the world seeing everyone cram in the middle of the pitch when theres an easy run /pass that can be made down the line.  Chilwells lack of overlap overlap with Barnes used to drive me mental, clearly being instructed not to do it by Rodgers as Chilwell plays more like a left winger for Chelsea now

I think people place far too much belief in a manager giving strict instructions to every player. Second half against Arsenal, we were doing it a plenty with Barnes and Thomas. Similarly Youri did a lot in the first half with Castagne 

43 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Until he's so spent that he's thoroughly average or worse most of the time, instead of the player he can be when properly managed.

When he’s average he’s still our best passer of the ball by a country mile! If we get 3-0 up you can take him off, not when you’re desperately chasing a win in Europe.

47 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

except no he isn't KDH did exactly that at Luton he obviously isn't at the same level but he is capable of doing that job, he wasn't asked to be a box to box player but Brendan thinks he is, the same way he thinks Soumare is even though he was always a DM at Lille.

There are games where we are winning comfortably and just playing the game out and Youri stays on when he is clearly exhausted, we do the same with Vardy, its stupid, look after the players better.

What games have we been winning comfortably this season? 

If we had played the game how we should have last night, then Youri might well have had a rest for the last half hour but as we were chasing the win there was no way he was getting pulled.

I’ve not seen anything of KDH so far to show that he remotely has the passing ability of Youri, don’t get me wrong, KDH is tidy on the ball but not in the same league as Youri (which is understandable).

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I will say this much after watching the highlights back, if KDH wants to cement a place in the team he needs to work on his finishing. Can’t understand for the life of me why he didn’t head that ball into the bottom left corner instead of at Nacho. It’s a really poor header for me and he should have scored.

And then thinking back to the Brighton cup game, where he timed his run perfectly (doing that first bit great!) for Daka’s cut back, and with half the goal gaping he’s hit it straight above the keeper who’s got a finger to it to tip it onto & over the crossbar.

The one vs Brighton was on his right foot and we know how poor left footed players can be on their right peg, something he will be working on. Tend to agree about last nights chance, it needed placing away from Iheanacho and the keeper, I think it was closer to the keeper that side even without Kelechi's interference than if he'd gone to the keepers right where he would have found it harder to save.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Sorry but are you taking the piss? His header was going in before Iheanacho made the conscious decision to control the ball and score himself. How the hell is that his fault? 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry but are you taking the piss? His header was going in before Iheanacho made the conscious decision to control the ball and score himself. How the hell is that his fault? 

I didn't see it quite that way, I don't think it was definitely going in. It was within a foot or so of the keeper.

7 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Watch it back, I don’t think it was. He had half the goal to head the ball into and put it where bodies were. It was genuinely a crap header!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Which games this season have we been so comfortably ahead in that our best midfielder can be brought off ahead of the final whistle? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I didn't see it quite that way, I don't think it was definitely going in. It was within a foot or so of the keeper.

Players are trained to head the ball back in the direction it came from, knowing the keeper will be going the other way (which he was).  How the hell was KDH supposed to know Iheanacho would be planted right in that spot?  It was a good header and the keeper was never saving it.

• Like 1