Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Players are trained to head the ball back in the direction it came from, knowing the keeper will be going the other way (which he was).  How the hell was KDH supposed to know Iheanacho would be planted right in that spot?  It was a good header and the keeper was never saving it.

Well Iheanacho didn't just suddenly appear with a fishing rod and some cans like Gazza, he was right there in the line of sight of heading the ball back the other way. Maybe it was just an unavoidable circumstance but the ball was lofted in and could easily have been glanced in to the far corner. It's frustrating as KDH has come really close to 2 goals in his last 2 games and he'd be flying now, I think there's a quality player in there. 

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well Iheanacho didn't just suddenly appear with a fishing rod and some cans like Gazza, he was right there in the line of sight of heading the ball back the other way. Maybe it was just an unavoidable circumstance but the ball was lofted in and could easily have been glanced in to the far corner. It's frustrating as KDH has come really close to 2 goals in his last 2 games and he'd be flying now, I think there's a quality player in there. 

But he's focused on the cross, not on where Iheanacho might or might not be.  And as I said. the training is to go back in the direction the ball is coming from.  I think it's a huge strech to blame KDH in any way, shape or form.

Irrespective, at least he's gotten himself in a position to score a couple of times.  I wouldn't say he's been great, but he does seem of a mind to attack rather than pass the ball back to his defenders or goalkeeper.  As bad as we are right now, I wouldn't mind seeing him get more of a chance.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Which games this season have we been so comfortably ahead in that our best midfielder can be brought off ahead of the final whistle.

But Youri was having a poor and ineffectual game by his standards.  The introduction of someone with a bit more fizz about him would have been a gamble worth taking, given the circumstances, and would have given Youri a bit of a break.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

But he's focused on the cross, not on where Iheanacho might or might not be.  And as I said. the training is to go back in the direction the ball is coming from.  I think it's a huge strech to blame KDH in any way, shape or form.

Irrespective, at least he's gotten himself in a position to score a couple of times.  I wouldn't say he's been great, but he does seem of a mind to attack rather than pass the ball back to his defenders or goalkeeper.  As bad as we are right now, I wouldn't mind seeing him get more of a chance.

I'd start him tomorrow

• Like 2

it's nonsense to criticize KDH for missing with the header. The point is he didn't miss no more than Vardy missed the Penalty, It was saved.

These can be the small margins in games.  

He did bring an energy to the game when he came on and always offers an attacking threat. What he needs is games at the higher level and I just wonder would another loan  have served both him and us better this season. I think it would as it's going to be difficult to get in ahead of Maddison or Perez in the team.

I do like the fact that he is forward thinking something that we seem to lack at present.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Why do people micro focus on a single thing a young player may or may not have done better and use it to belittle them with but rarely is anything said about the many things the experienced players continually do wrong.

The way his cameos have been scrutinised is unfair. He’s played fewer than 250 minutes this season and his game is under the microscope.

It’s a misconception that our fans are much more charitable with local lads 

6 hours ago, deep blue said:

But Youri was having a poor and ineffectual game by his standards.  The introduction of someone with a bit more fizz about him would have been a gamble worth taking, given the circumstances, and would have given Youri a bit of a break.

I think Youri must have told the club he won't even consider signing a new contract unless he plays every minute of every game 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

KDH may be inexperienced at PL level but he is not a kid . He won't replace Youri but neither will Soumaré . We have to learn to play a different way without him. I am very keen on us getting in a very experienced midfielder when Youri has gone even if he is around 30 years old. It has to be however somebody who is recognised for his ability and consistency not a cheap option.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Looked aggressive out of possession and tidy with the ball. I want to see more of him, brings more dynamism to our midfield which we sorely need.

These are my thoughts as well. Actually looks to be progressive with the ball when there's the opportunity but will happily recycle when it's the best option. Gets around the pitch really well and looks to have a good footballing brain on his shoulders. He'll only improve by playing against better players. He's quite clearly got the basic tools there though to be a Premier League centre mid.

People will just focus on one of his positive passes not quite making it to the target rather than the fact he's actually had the balls to look forwards and try and create something. He's not Youri and likely never will be at that level, but he's the 2nd best option we have as a midfielder that will actively look to move the ball up the pitch. His work off the ball is very impressive as well. Reminds me of Hamza physically but with a better footballing brain and ability.

• Like 3

He really deserves a start at the weekend. Soumare was possibly our worst player yesterday. Let’s give him a try.

I still think soumare has a lot to learn about English football. He always seems to want an extra second on the ball, something you just don’t get here. 

I like that kdh always has his head up and is thinking of how to move us forward even if the end product hasn’t quite been there yet

On 06/11/2021 at 09:46, davieG said:

Why do people micro focus on a single thing a young player may or may not have done better and use it to belittle them with but rarely is anything said about the many things the experienced players continually do wrong.

Story of this forum....

Thats Why FT has always been lousy picking a player to hysterical-finess :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He really deserves a start at the weekend. Soumare was possibly our worst player yesterday. Let’s give him a try.

I still think soumare has a lot to learn about English football. He always seems to want an extra second on the ball, something you just don’t get here. 

I like that kdh always has his head up and is thinking of how to move us forward even if the end product hasn’t quite been there yet

I thought Soumare and Maddison were our best players.

Lookman was by far the worst player.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I know people want him to start but I'm still to see anything better than what we've got out there. Jury out for me whether he makes it here.

Very left footed and gave the ball away a lot with some simple passes. Good energy and a great tackle though.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I know people want him to start but I'm still to see anything better than what we've got out there. Jury out for me whether he makes it here.

Very left footed and gave the ball away a lot with some simple passes. Good energy and a great tackle though.

Exactly my thoughts but I thought I was in the minority.

Some of the balls he gave away were so obvious.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I thought Soumare and Maddison were our best players.

Lookman was by far the worst player.

I’ll agree lookman wasn’t great but I really don’t think soumare contributed much. I just find that he’s a it  too passive. 

Lets be real, Legia are awful you can’t read too much into that one. But if he’s not going to be the one to pull the strings, we need someone who will. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I’ll agree lookman wasn’t great but I really don’t think soumare contributed much. I just find that he’s a it  too passive. 

Lets be real, Legia are awful you can’t read too much into that one. But if he’s not going to be the one to pull the strings, we need someone who will. 

Tbh I haven't rated him much so far but I think he looks better in the European games, maybe because it's slower?

Premier League is so frantic that the games seem to pass him by.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly my thoughts but I thought I was in the minority.

Some of the balls he gave away were so obvious.

Some were a bit wayward, yes, but as soon as he came on we had more creativity.

Him and Soumaré both have the same problem - they need game time to learn. Problem is, they can't both play!

I'd like to see KDH play some part at Watford. Soumaré's physicality might help combat Watford's midfield though. At least to start with.

• Like 2

Just now, Fox92 said:

Tbh I haven't rated him much so far but I think he looks better in the European games, maybe because it's slower?

Premier League is so frantic that the games seem to pass him by.

I have no doubt he’s going to be an excellent signing. There’s just going to be a period of adaptation, there usually is with most players from France as the game is so different. I look at Sanson, veretout, ndombele, Pepe... all fantastic in France but struggled to make an impact. 

Soumare is young enough to adapt and clearly has the physical attributes. It’s a head space at the moment 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's improved a bit since your previous reservations though. His cameo vs Spartak and Leeds he made an impact and then last night I felt with 30 mins, rather than 10-15 he was able to show more of both sides to his game. He does want to attack and create (needs to brush up on it but it's there) and he's aggressive in the box to box role and he won't lose runners as much and wants to tackle and press and do the sort of dual role we lack.

He's a huge work in progress, I do worry that he's missed a few years where he'd have fine tuned this better in senior football but I still think he's got the ability to be a good PL player. Given Youri is out for a few more games and Soumare is still getting to grips with his ability to positively effect games in the role we need him to, not to mention we have some fixtures against teams that will sit back against us then I'd like to see him given a start or two with our best players around him.

Right now, regardless of potential, who's going to be better in the future, or that they are slightly different players but Soumare vs KDH isn't a landslide for Soumare to play and he's been poor the last few games so let's see what KDH can do. A couple of his passes through the lines yesterday were impressive and his energy is superior to Soumares.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, filbertway said:

These are my thoughts as well. Actually looks to be progressive with the ball when there's the opportunity but will happily recycle when it's the best option. Gets around the pitch really well and looks to have a good footballing brain on his shoulders. He'll only improve by playing against better players. He's quite clearly got the basic tools there though to be a Premier League centre mid.

People will just focus on one of his positive passes not quite making it to the target rather than the fact he's actually had the balls to look forwards and try and create something. He's not Youri and likely never will be at that level, but he's the 2nd best option we have as a midfielder that will actively look to move the ball up the pitch. His work off the ball is very impressive as well. Reminds me of Hamza physically but with a better footballing brain and ability.

....felt he should have got a few minutes here and there at the start of the season, he was ready to go!!!

Had a good game yesterday, makes a big difference when you have a central midfielder who is willing to push the team forward with energy and enthusiasm. I thought he started to force his game as it wore on and sometimes you try to do too much, as you are not sure when the next opportunity will present itself, for you to show what you can do.

Edited by sacreblueits442

DKH done ok last night but he's not ready for the Premiership quite yet.

I think both he and the Club would have been better served by a loan to a top Championship Club.

The area where DKH is better than Soumare is his understanding of the Game. Along with an attacking instinct. Which is what we need right now.

Soumare has a lot to learn about positioning when to stay and when to go. 

Going forward though I think Soumare may have more uplift to his career.