Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I know people want him to start but I'm still to see anything better than what we've got out there. Jury out for me whether he makes it here.

Very left footed and gave the ball away a lot with some simple passes. Good energy and a great tackle though.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly my thoughts but I thought I was in the minority.

Some of the balls he gave away were so obvious.

Yes exactly. Let's not overrate him. He came on, looked average, and did a job, nothing more, when the game was already won. He will naturally be over rated because he came through the academy. I've not seen any evidence he's good enough to be starting games for us, or ever will be at this level. Don't see why it's so heinous to say that and it doesn't mean he won't go on to improve of course.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

I think it'd be interesting how perceptions would differ if we'd paid 22m for KDH and Soumare had came through the academy. It's misconception we cut home-grown players more slack

Yep, if anything we're very quick to belt out the "needs a loan to The Championship" rhetoric as if that's a panacea for a blip in a young prospects form with us.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

What formation are you playing with those lot in your team??? 

To understand ,playing the players who One summises, will deliver performance-potential we Hope they will/can.

Just for fun...  

Kasper

Justin   Fofana  Soyuncu

Ndidi

Soumare   KDH    Barnes

Maddison

Nacho.       Vardy

This is why, I Dont get £5 mill..like Some managers do...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

DKH done ok last night but he's not ready for the Premiership quite yet.

I think both he and the Club would have been better served by a loan to a top Championship Club.

The area where DKH is better than Soumare is his understanding of the Game. Along with an attacking instinct. Which is what we need right now.

Soumare has a lot to learn about positioning when to stay and when to go. 

Going forward though I think Soumare may have more uplift to his career.

You're not the first to think Soumare has a higher potential at becoming an attacking midfielder but the stats are blatantly obvious that it's highly unlikely. The lad has 1 goal and 3 assists in about 150 first team games, which is diabolical. 

@Arriba Los Zorros is more than happy to dismiss KDH's potential and over reach on Soumares but the way I see it, both have been equally erratic so far for us and yet one has been given a lot more football which is why many are calling for KDH to get a chance surrounded by our first XI as opposed to being part of heavily rotated teams in the cups.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

I don't like the Soumare/Ndidi combo, just doesn't work.

Give KDH a run in the side now. It's time.

Same, it's not working yet which is annoying as that was surely the plan for us to be more robust against certain teams. Let's hope in time it does as we have never been able to find that midfield blend when we need to win the midfield battle first and foremost.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes exactly. Let's not overrate him. He came on, looked average, and did a job, nothing more, when the game was already won. He will naturally be over rated because he came through the academy. I've not seen any evidence he's good enough to be starting games for us, or ever will be at this level. Don't see why it's so heinous to say that and it doesn't mean he won't go on to improve of course.

lol Wrote him off and then given yourself a little get out at the end, nice one

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

lol Wrote him off and then given yourself a little get out at the end, nice one

It's in the interests of fairness. I don't rate him CURRENTLY but it's not like he's reached his prime. He's still a young player and lacks PL experience which will improve him (see Like Thomas). Well done though 1 point to you 🙄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I think both he and the Club would have been better served by a loan to a top Championship Club.

The area where DKH is better than Soumare is his understanding of the Game. Along with an attacking instinct. Which is what we need right now.

Dewsbury Keirnan-Hall deserves his chance.😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I have no doubt he’s going to be an excellent signing. There’s just going to be a period of adaptation, there usually is with most players from France as the game is so different. I look at Sanson, veretout, ndombele, Pepe... all fantastic in France but struggled to make an impact. 

Soumare is young enough to adapt and clearly has the physical attributes. It’s a head space at the moment 

actually the pundits say the French league is just as physical and the Prem, the prem is just played much quicker

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

....you keep posting "DKH" as opposed to KDH.....!!!

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You're not the first to think Soumare has a higher potential at becoming an attacking midfielder but the stats are blatantly obvious that it's highly unlikely. The lad has 1 goal and 3 assists in about 150 first team games, which is diabolical. 

@Arriba Los Zorros is more than happy to dismiss KDH's potential and over reach on Soumares but the way I see it, both have been equally erratic so far for us and yet one has been given a lot more football which is why many are calling for KDH to get a chance surrounded by our first XI as opposed to being part of heavily rotated teams in the cups.

I wasn't thinking of him in terms of a goal scoring midfielder. I was merely stating that I think he has more upside to his career. The reason I say that is he's 22 and had very little Coaching, at least of a high standard. Compare that to KDH who's here since he was 8 years of age.

I would have expected him to make a breakthrough before now. Unless of course he's a late developer.

As I said he done ok last night against moderate opposition without excelling.

He needs to get out and get more experience at a club preferably challenging at the top end of the Championship.

Otherwise he'll end up like Choudary. playing a bit part here or there. Which is no good for wither of their careers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

@Arriba Los Zorros is more than happy to dismiss KDH's potential and over reach on Soumare's but the way I see it, both have been equally erratic so far for us and yet one has been given a lot more football which is why many are calling for KDH to get a chance surrounded by our first XI as opposed to being part of heavily rotated teams in the cups.

...can't say I agree with that, it is a if you are berating Soyuncu for lack of goals and assists!!!

Goals and assists is not what he does, you have seen the performances for Lille, taking the ball off the backline and transitioning to the last third is what he does. He has not hit the ground running and he is trying to adjust to a new team.

You may be right and he fails to make the grade here, but the  stats are a red herring in this instance.

• Like 1

I think I am somewhere in between both of the arguments being suggested here. Some are acting like he’s superb but others seem to think that he’s awful. From what I’ve seen so far, he is somewhere in between - solid enough but a bit limited in certain departments. I reckon this season he will be a bit like Thomas in the sense that he’ll be solid enough in most games but the general consensus will be that better players can be used if we have a fully fit squad. Ultimately though, the lad is 23 and he demonstrated his ability last season - I think that I / we should reserve a proper judgement at least until he has had a proper run in the team.

8 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I think I am somewhere in between both of the arguments being suggested here. Some are acting like he’s superb but others seem to think that he’s awful. From what I’ve seen so far, he is somewhere in between - solid enough but a bit limited in certain departments. I reckon this season he will be a bit like Thomas in the sense that he’ll be solid enough in most games but the general consensus will be that better players can be used if we have a fully fit squad. Ultimately though, the lad is 23 and he demonstrated his ability last season - I think that I / we should reserve a proper judgement at least until he has had a proper run in the team.

Taking into Account FT cant Pick a player...I am Full of Hope & Excitement for both  KDH & Soumare...Success guarranteed...:celebrate:

Ok here is why soumare Ndidi doesnt work. Ndidi is an aggressive player at his best. He goes in, nicks the ball, tackles the player and shoves him over. However, his weakness is that if he is beaten then because he has pressured, he leaves space in behind. This is fine with youri in the middle and madders as an 8 because they can read the game and fill in behind him (esp youri - this is also why ndidi needs three in midfield) However, soumare being unable to run beyond 60% capacity means that he doesn't fill the spaces back in so the midfield is just one huge gap if Ndidi is beaten. Hamza runs about but can't read the game so he is also useless partner for Ndidi. Lets see how KDH does. Clearly he is willing to run about and he can do some risky passing which is good. Why not give him a go. i think its worth a try.

• Like 2