Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

21 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

There is no question he deserves a start and a decent run in the squad with Tilly out and Soumare out of form. I hope Rodgers sees this and gives him his chance.

Yep, have to say wasn't convinced up to this point, but he made us a better side and midfield looked more balanced (until Wilf lost his head last 10-15) but if Youri is not fit Sunday, think he should start.  I suspect he's the sort of player that needs games in the Prem.  He won't get many but stick him in whilst you can.

Good job today.

Best I’ve seen of him, made a massive difference and a better balance in the middle. Bouba needs a break out the starting eleven, glimpses of things but struggling with the pace of the league - given time I think he’ll be fine. If Youri isn’t going to play Sunday, I’d stick KDH in from the get go and give him a chance to shine 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah start KDH, give Tielemans 20-30 mins and then start him vs Napoli as we can't fcuk about. HUGE week ahead.

Just in time for Eddie Howe to get his first win as Newcastle manager 

• Haha 2

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Thought he was ace. Really pleasing to see as he changed the game when he came on.

That's the benchmark now for him, we know it's there. He's got to believe in himself and I think he will do. Badly want to see him rip one in, he's got it in him. Away at Villa would be special.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

That's the benchmark now for him, we know it's there. He's got to believe in himself and I think he will do. Badly want to see him rip one in, he's got it in him. Away at Villa would be special.

Doesn't stop the fact that he was absolutely abysmal against Brighton but impressed by his energy and ability to press.

Needs to work on his right foot though.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What a surprise, gets more than 20 mins surrounded by our first team players and he makes a solid impact. This lad ain't going anywhere but the top with us.

Legend has it the bleep test added more levels to help with his cool down after matches. 

• Haha 1

Must start at villa if Tielemans is still out, and it sounds like he will be.  Soumare really has not got up to speed yet.  Very lethargic.  KDH was very positive when he came on.  Given a full half tather than 5 or 10 mins this time and looked decent and played positively. Does seem to get knocked off the ball a bit though.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What a surprise, gets more than 20 mins surrounded by our first team players and he makes a solid impact. This lad ain't going anywhere but the top with us.

He's the model Academy player. Need a couple of players like him to be coming out every season doing exactly what he did tonight. Solid player with a future. That's what will keep us in the top six.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Doesn't stop the fact that he was absolutely abysmal against Brighton but impressed by his energy and ability to press.

"Absolutely abysmal" is a bit much, certainly wasn't as bad as some other performances we have seen from other players this season

He wasn't good and wasn't that bad, was just meh

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was poor up until his cameo vs Spartak and Leeds, bar a brief half decent impact vs Norwich but he'd not looked good in the games surrounded by our rotated team. But since Spartak/Leeds he's slowly started to show real energy and aggression at a time we've not been overly impressed by Soumare and Ndidi so it's perfect timing. Tonight was his best performance and surrounded by our first team he slots in.

Haha I do like a left footer in the centre of the park as they can create those openings such as the one for Barnes, but it would be handy if he could be willing to use his right and not get caught doing roundhouses.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, moore_94 said:

"Absolutely abysmal" is a bit much, certainly wasn't as bad as some other performances we have seen from other players this season

He wasn't good and wasn't that bad, was just meh

Worst player on the pitch, subbed after 60 mins. I'll drop it though as I don't think we need to go over old ground.

Really like him, by no means the finished article but we seem much more lively with him on the pitch.

He always looks positive and tries to get things going rather than the safe pass.

A lot to work on but given the choice I'd much rather have him in there than Soumare.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, adam said:

He won't be starting if YT is back. 

But whilst he’s out KDH should definitely get his runout. I wouldn’t even rush Tilly back, let KDH show us what he can do whilst Tilly fully recovers. Might also give Soumare a kick up the arse to get back into the team also.

Very frustrating Soumare got a run of games and this lad didn't. I think it's cost us points.

At least we know KDH is capable. Hopefully he will get a little run in the side or failing that, will be the next in line for the midfield berth. 

• Like 1