Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I like him, he wants to be part of the action, he sets an example and makes others emerge from their indolent backsides and get stuck in.

I like him. But I can't picture him as anything other than Matty James level. I'd be stunned (and delighted) if he reached Praet level in the next 3 years. 

We.do seem to be going somewhat backwards. Which happens. Year on year improvement of being 5th best team in the PL is nigh on impossible. Ask Spurs.

, or Arsenal or even Man U how tough it is to maintain elite levels

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hopefully @Ric Flair will not hammer me for being critical of his favourite player.

I think my criticism has been valid but I do think hes got away with that because some viewed him as young when in actual fact he's the same age as Barnes and older than Soumare.

All the more baffling he was marooned in our youth set up for years without getting a loan.

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think if KDH hadn't been on loan in the Championship last year, he would have been snapped up as a major signing by a Premier League team. I just don't understand why loanees don't get the same respect other players would get for the same performances in the Championship.

....it would come down to the make up of the situation!!!

As he is a loanee all clubs are aware of who is the parent company.  They are not going to be banging on doors as his parent club either has him earmarked to come through into the first team in due course or the price will be high as he will be coming from a Premier League club. We picked up JJ from Luton for a low figure, they haven't the clout of a Premier League club.

I think KDH has not had as much time as I would have wanted him to, but our start to the season has impacted his potential game time.

Edited by sacreblueits442

Guest Chocolate Teapot
31 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Weird how a few are so keen to caveat his good performances so far. We’ve barely seen him play but he’s looked sharp when he has in (mostly) difficult circumstances.

Hes played well for 45 mins?

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I like him. But I can't picture him as anything other than Matty James level. I'd be stunned (and delighted) if he reached Praet level in the next 3 years. 

We.do seem to be going somewhat backwards. Which happens. Year on year improvement of being 5th best team in the PL is nigh on impossible. Ask Spurs.

I reckon Matty James level would be fine, very few teams in the PL have got a whole squad of top class players. We need some grafters in our squad , as I have said Chelsea have got Mason Mount.

Edited by An Sionnach

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I reckon Matty James level would be fine, very few teams in the PL have got a whole squad of top class players. We need some grafters in our squad , as I have said Chelsea have got Mason Mount.

Mount is a bit better than just being a grafter....

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

fit and mobile Matty James - I'd take that now as 4th / 5th choice CM

homegrown player on a relatively low wage whats not to like

He definitely only improves with time. It's perplexing to me that people can't see that the raw ingredients are there. I'm not sure if he'll develop into a player will start every game for us, but there's definitely the potential for a dependable home grown midfielder who will get 10-20 starts a season and not be a hinderance to the team when he comes in.

• Like 2

Matty James is a good comparison I reckon. Hard working, good head on shoulders (tough to say this now but signs are good), talented enough to play in this league but will never be a top, top player. I reckon he's a bit like Andy King but with more physicality actually.

Nothing wrong with that! It's certainly better than Dean Hammond and Gary Taylor Fletcher dream team in the engine room!

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Praet was awful, had nothing to offer the team

• Like 1

Matty James and Dennis Praet are two interesting players actually. They are both players who have been hyped up by some people who seem to think that you have to be a bit of a connoisseur to see their true value to the team. It’s much more subtle than the vision of Tielemans, the passing of Drinkwater, the tackling of Ndidi or the industry of Kante.

It’s actually much more subtle because those attributes don’t exist. They are players who are decent squad players, but neither are players you’d want starting too often if you’ve been looking towards the top six.

If KDH reaches the level of Praet or James then he’d be no more than a useful squad player and someone you’d be looking to move on as soon as you could find better. I hope that both him and Soumare are a bit more than that and have the ability to become players we’d happily rotate in and out of the team. 

12 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think if KDH hadn't been on loan in the Championship last year, he would have been snapped up as a major signing by a Premier League team. I just don't understand why loanees don't get the same respect other players would get for the same performances in the Championship.

I agree.

I think he has been incredibly loyal. He is 23 and with his talent he should have been playing PL football in another team like Brighton or Brentford or even Villa. He stayed to prove himself when others in his position would have moved on a year or two ago, especially as a midfield player. If they want to reach the highest level, they really need to start being in the first team from around 21, like Barnes (or even 19 like Thomas). For KDH, he is clearly talented with good instincts, but like Barnes, he needs game time to improve. People forgot that Soumare was already a first team player in France for years.  KDH is a late comer but I actually think KDH can be better than Soumare considering he is only just starting out. We should not punish him for his loyalty.

Edited by Tom12345

4 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s gonna tear it up Sunday. 

I hope but let’s be patient. We gave Chilwell a consistent run lasting years despite being shit quite often. Then he got called up to England and now at Chelsea (admittedly I think he is better at Chelsea now).

30 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Matty James and Dennis Praet are two interesting players actually. They are both players who have been hyped up by some people who seem to think that you have to be a bit of a connoisseur to see their true value to the team. It’s much more subtle than the vision of Tielemans, the passing of Drinkwater, the tackling of Ndidi or the industry of Kante.

It’s actually much more subtle because those attributes don’t exist. They are players who are decent squad players, but neither are players you’d want starting too often if you’ve been looking towards the top six.

If KDH reaches the level of Praet or James then he’d be no more than a useful squad player and someone you’d be looking to move on as soon as you could find better. I hope that both him and Soumare are a bit more than that and have the ability to become players we’d happily rotate in and out of the team. 

I  might be naive but surely   a player who gets in fairly  regularly  for the worlds number one side   cannot be  considered a squad player for a mid table  premier league side

4 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I  might be naive but surely   a player who gets in fairly  regularly  for the worlds number one side   cannot be  considered a squad player for a mid table  premier league side

You’re talking about Belgium right? 

Well for a start the FIFA ranking system always throws up a few anomalies and has done historically. Does anyone really think, objectively, that Belgium are the best national team in the world? Would they be favourites for a World Cup? 

The second point is that the best teams in club football are at a higher standard than the best national sides. The best national sides themselves play most of their football against much inferior opposition. It’s not really a great barometer for anything. 

Praet wouldn’t be signed by any of our competitors for a top six spot. He’s not a regular starter for any team looking above midtable and is no more than a useful squad player. All in my humble opinion of course.