Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

31 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Would rather have him in the team trying to be progressive and play with risk than go back to watching Soumare, who currently doesn’t look ready for English football. When Youri’s back he obviously walks straight back in the team but KDH is above Soumare right now for me. 

That's my take on it too

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Could a diamond work for you Ric? Ndidi with Youri and KDH either side, Maddison in the 10 with Daka/Iheanacho and Vardy up top?

Yes it could, I've been thinking this since another poor Lookman performance. The energy of KDH would work, but not overly happy with the form of our full backs. Thomas is doing well but you need explosive full backs with real end product otherwise it can be a very workmanlike system.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes it could, I've been thinking this since another poor Lookman performance. The energy of KDH would work, but not overly happy with the form of our full backs. Thomas is doing well but you need explosive full backs with real end product otherwise it can be a very workmanlike system.

Yes I know what you mean, potentially with JJ back it could be an option. I feel Barnes could play up front in a 4-4-2 diamond as one of the 2 strikers tends to drift wider in that shape. Lookman has been very poor in recent times. Shame as he looked promising at Fulham last season but doesn’t look like he will cut it here. 

• Like 1

Didn’t quite do it for me tbh. Particularly the second half, both him and Ndidi were strolling and being dominated by Villa. It’s almost like he’d forgotten why he’d retained his place after an excellent high energy performance against Southampton. I didn’t see so much of that today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah I really want him to do well and succeed and seems to have the right attitude, but I just think quality wise he just falls short for where we want to be. Couple of times in the second half the switch to Barnes was on and he over cooked the first one and the second one was intercepted. Fairly simple passes for a quality central midfielder.

Agreed. Good attitude, just lacks quality (and a right foot). He's not the Messiah lads and never will be. Decent enough squad filler can't ever see him being in our starting line up unless we go backwards quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah I really want him to do well and succeed and seems to have the right attitude, but I just think quality wise he just falls short for where we want to be. Couple of times in the second half the switch to Barnes was on and he over cooked the first one and the second one was intercepted. Fairly simple passes for a quality central midfielder.

I'd agree with that but unfortunately I think he's just another championship standard player. Bit like Hamza he'll probably get a free pass for a while as he's one of our own, but if we'd bought him from someone else we'd have already made our minds up that he'll never be good enough 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Only player with a bit of bite and backbone today - something this team is severely lacking in.

I’m a fan of his, but long-term he needs to be better… first half was decent, second was relatively poor. But let’s not forget that this was his first PL start.

Edited by Devonfox1884
  • Like 1

Just needs a bit of composure with some of his passes, was playing it out to Barnes with good finesse and energy first half and getting up in support whichever side the attack was on to offer an option. Got caught on the ball a couple of times which was worrying, did really well to win it back once though and has good physicality. He needs polishing but he’s shown a lot of good things and I think he could be a real positive from this dreadful season

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Mixed performance today. Thought he linked the play really nicely first half. Looked out of his depth in second. Villa pressed him after HT and he couldn't cope.

Yeah, but it is his first game starting. Give him a season before judging him.