Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Soumaré hasn't been given the season why should KDH get a full season? Neither look up to it currently. We shouldn't have let Praet go.

Agreed! Unfortunately neither can get a season to bed in due to the mess we are in. It's not easy to come into a team low in confidence  and morale. Absolutely agree it was stupid to let Praet go.

6 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Soumare looks like he can’t be ****ed though 

Agreed, no doubting KDH has shown far much more passion and desire to play, and probably deserves the spot due to that.

Way I see it though - long term -  KDH has a ceiling ability wise, Soumaré's is much higher, if he can adapt to the English game and improve his fitness and tactical side he's a keeper, KDH doesn't look like he can cut it at this level no matter how hard he works. Would be happy to be proved wrong here, one of Brendan's qualities is he does improve players.

He was our best player yesterday imo. Always showed for the ball, put challenges in, actually looked arsed unlike Soumare. He misplaced 1 or 2 passes but he at least tried things.

The penalty looked soft in real time, but wonder if VAR looked at it or not?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ren said:

He was our best player yesterday imo. Always showed for the ball, put challenges in, actually looked arsed unlike Soumare. He misplaced 1 or 2 passes but he at least tried things.

The penalty looked soft in real time, but wonder if VAR looked at it or not?

From what I read, VAR didn't look at it. 

I guess KDH's touch took the ball too far away so the ref felt he wasn't in control of it when the tackle was made. 

Looks like the makings of a really good player, just not the finished article yet but that should come with a bit more composure, more starts and game time which I think he deserves, especially after his recent cameos and yesterdays display.

At least he's showing he has some determination, grit and a will to get forward and attack.

I'm liking what I see so far.

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah I really want him to do well and succeed and seems to have the right attitude, but I just think quality wise he just falls short for where we want to be. Couple of times in the second half the switch to Barnes was on and he over cooked the first one and the second one was intercepted. Fairly simple passes for a quality central midfielder.

...in the second half, right from the whistle Villa came at us and we could not cope!!!

KDH was not being helped as players workmate dropped and sometimes you have to batten down as a plan not because we are being overly pressed.

No one looks to break from the edge of our box we just hoof it anywhere. We are going to either have to bring in players capable of making onfield decisions for themselves, or our coaching needs to speak to our players on another level.

Would still like the club to bring in Shakey as a coach. Whoever comes in as a manager will have to accept the situation. 

27 minutes ago, NasPb said:

It's disgusting the penalty wasn't even looked at... Not saying it was or wasn't but it wasn't a dive he got his foot stepped on. Regardless he was motm yesterday. Very good. 

It would have been looked at.

There was nowhere near enough in it to be close.

However I will say that if the ref did give a pen, they wouldn't have gone against it.

But that's a testament to the poor implementation of VAR rather than the decision being wrong 

• Like 2