Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

I still blame the assault on Fofana for everything that's gone wrong this season. 

I agree, if we look at these games where having Fofana likely would've made a difference:

- Astona Villa 2-1 - (like would've drawn this) +1

- Southampton 2-2 (likely would've won this) +2

- Crystal palace 2-2 (likely would've won this) +2

- Burnley 2-2 (likely would've won this) +2

- Brighton 2-1 (likely would've drawn this) +1

That's a possible 8 points more than current, so without Fofana injury it's possible the foxes would have 27 points right now instead of 19.

Just my opinion.

Edited by thankyouleicester
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I thought Barnes was our best player last night before he was taken off. Wouldn't drop him for Daka right now. 

He was bobbins man. Nothing he tried came off, which isn't surprising since everything he tried seemd to be of the 'mate, that's never going to come off is it?' variety. And that's just his defensive contribution.

Grade II*, Evans, Schmeichel and Maddison were better than him, by dint of ranging from decent akshually to 'not foot-through-TV-endagering'. But it's a measure of how bad we were that someone who had a bit of a stinker could still claim to be a middling player on the night.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Yes said:

It’s almost like when a player isn’t looking at their next transfer and has a bit of desire to prove themselves they play well, weird. 

It’s almost like he’s playing like a fan which he is, and not being told by his agent that this is a feeder club to the next step.

We’re going to be Southampton in a few years if we don’t get our shit together.

• Like 3

In a game that was so frustrating to watch our young Lester lad KDH was the only player who resembled that person who’s supposed to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Isn’t this the captains job and vice captain? He was driving us forward every time. The rest of this team need some serious sorting out. Feels like a perfect storm of players, Manager & coaches to blame with everyone pointing the finger of blame and no one taking the responsibility.  Starting to smell a bit like Ole’s final chapter at manu.

I don't think KDH is a huge talent, but he's a pretty good player whose skill set is one we're sorely lacking in at the moment - an attacking midfielder who covets the ball, looks to be progressive once he gets it, and isn't afraid to try a risky pass.  And his obvious desire at the moment is in stark contrast to what looks mostly like a disinterested group of players.

The elephant in the room is that if we're really going to execute the overhaul everyone in this place knows in their heart of hearts we need, just firing the manager isn't going to cut it.  Vardy and Schmeichel are going to need to be phased out, and you could make a pretty compelling case that it should already be happening in both their cases.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't think KDH is a huge talent, but he's a pretty good player whose skill set is one we're sorely lacking in at the moment - an attacking midfielder who covets the ball, looks to be progressive once he gets it, and isn't afraid to try a risky pass.  And his obvious desire at the moment is in stark contrast to what looks mostly like a disinterested group of players.

The elephant in the room is that if we're really going to execute the overhaul everyone in this place knows in their heart of hearts we need, just firing the manager isn't going to cut it.  Vardy and Schmeichel are going to need to be phased out, and you could make a pretty compelling case that it should already be happening in both their cases.

I think he's shown in his past few games that he's good enough for this level though, and works damn hard. With more game time I think he's going to become the steady performer we can rely on, and one who at least tries to grab games by the scruff of the neck.

As for phasing Vardy and Schmeichel out, we certainly seem to have Vardy's successor in Daka. Iversen is perhaps intended to be Schmeichel's. I'd like to see him in and around the first team for us next year, but his experience at Preston is so important for the time being.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think he's shown in his past few games that he's good enough for this level though, and works damn hard. With more game time I think he's going to become the steady performer we can rely on, and one who at least tries to grab games by the scruff of the neck.

As for phasing Vardy and Schmeichel out, we certainly seem to have Vardy's successor in Daka. Iversen is perhaps intended to be Schmeichel's. I'd like to see him in and around the first team for us next year, but his experience at Preston is so important for the time being.

I wouldn’t mind seeing what Ward could do in an extended run of matches before binning him for Iversen.

14 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Liked that when the commenter said he was from Shepshed last night, Steve Mcmanaman very assertively said ‘Yes’ as if he knew exactly where Shepshed was.

Maybe he does and is a regular up Butthole Lane. 

Did you hear the bit when McManaman was on about how he watches our 18s and 23s, and how the style of football permeates from first team all the way down.

The blagger has clearly never watched our 23s what with Beagleball...!

• Haha 1

On 09/12/2021 at 18:41, Ric Flair said:

Probably the closest player we've got at the minute to a character who will drag us over the line. Do not be surprised if he leads us to a win here. He wants this, unlike some of these spotty little herberts

In a nutshell - I've liked him. Not the finished article but offers plenty that we're lacking. He reminds me a bit of Conor Gallagher and he's another I really quite like.

I'd keep him in the side. He's been one of the very few pluses lately.

• Like 2