Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I want to like the lad as he's home grown. And he's clearly a tidy player. I'm just not convinced he's Prem level. He is one paced, excessively one footed and got mugged in possession multiple times. To me he's a championship midfielder. But he may evolve or end up as 4/5th choice here. 

What pace is that? 

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I want to like the lad as he's home grown. And he's clearly a tidy player. I'm just not convinced he's Prem level. He is one paced, excessively one footed and got mugged in possession multiple times. To me he's a championship midfielder. But he may evolve or end up as 4/5th choice here. 

He did get caught in possession a few times, but this is only his 2nd PL start. He needs time to get to grips with the pace. The most pleasing aspect was when he did lose possession, he did everything he could to get the ball back. No standing around expecting others to do the hard graft, that's what you want to see.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I agree, love his attitude but those are my qualms too. One footed and slow, also doesn't use his body well. I can't see him making it as a Prem regular, not due to lack of desire but rather lacking slightly in quality. Bit like Hamza. Hoping to be proved wrong as he is an absolute trier and sets an example in that.

LCFC fans love a grafter, which he is. Loads of energy and willingness to put himself about. 

He is a good enough player on the ball not to look out of place, but he doesn't appear to have the extra bit of quality in his locker to really make him stand out. Needs to get his head up sooner when he's receiving the ball, as he is too easily pressed off it at times.

I think he will improve with a few more games, well I hope so anyway.  I like his energy and desire.  He also gets forward a bit so has a few goals in him.  I also see that he lost the ball and couple if times and sometimes is bullied off it but perhaps a some more games and he'll get better.  Players can improve technically so I still have hopes for him. 

1 minute ago, martyn said:

LCFC fans love a grafter, which he is. Loads of energy and willingness to put himself about. 

He is a good enough player on the ball not to look out of place, but he doesn't appear to have the extra bit of quality in his locker to really make him stand out. Needs to get his head up sooner when he's receiving the ball, as he is too easily pressed off it at times.

There are a couple of dozen midfielders in the PL like him , they are important workhorses to allow their supposedly more gifted teammates to express themselves. Mason Mount is the prime example.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

2 starts, the lads had 2 starts give him a break.

From your comment you honestly think he is the worst midfielder currently playing in the Premiership?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There are a couple of dozen midfielders in the PL like him , they are important workhorses to allow their supposedly more gifted teammates to express themselves. Mason Mount is the prime example.

Agree...James Mcarthur,Jordan Henderson,Marc Albrighton,John Mcginn..water carriers..all teams need these type of players,otherwise you are just a showbiz eleven

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Agree...James Mcarthur,Jordan Henderson,Marc Albrighton,John Mcginn..water carriers..all teams need these type of players,otherwise you are just a showbiz eleven

Absolutely think this has been Man Utd’s problem, too many luxury players and not enough water carriers. Henderson is probably the best example. 

I understand the comments about quality but he’s not poor quality, he’s a decent player (better than Hamza for example) who will gets better just needs to give it a bit sooner sometimes. Also not convinced he’s not quick, looks pretty quick to me. Seen enough to think he will be a good squad player for us, for years to come 

Edit: think Milner is the classic example, still the fittest player at Lpool I believe. KDH can become our version of that. 

Edited by Foxes96

28 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Reminds me of Praet, constantly runs, constantly looking for the ball, does nothing dynamic but it's his first season in the Prem, he's going about things in the right way for me and he's exactly what we need in a game like today. 

I was a fan of Praet but KDH is already better and is having more of an impact.

KDH doesn't do any of the pretty silky stuff (save that for Maddison/Youri) to do. But he does the gritty attritional stuff well. Which is what we need in midfield but further up the pitch. Ndidi offers a different kind of aggression but KDH complements our side well.

• Like 3

Looks like he always wants the ball, which is a good sign. And he shifts it quickly, which is also a positive.

He has tried a few killer passes in the past three games, none of which have come off, and he has been caught in possession in dangerous places too often, but these are faults that can easily be ironed out with good coaching and more matches under his belt.

The lad has plenty of promise. I like him.

• Like 4