Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I mean this with as little disrespect as possible but a lot of people will not appreciate how important a player like KDH is to a team and how a player like him makes a team better. He is not exceptionally talented individually in comparison to midfielders like Maddison and Tielemans but he understands the game, he moves around the better players creating space by making the right run for them to slip a pass through to him or giving them room to run into. I’d also love to see his running stats as the lad just does not stop working for the team. 

He’s currently playing the mezzala role in this 4-3-3 that we’ve stumbled upon and it’s actually something we need to stick with, it allows Maddison to play the narrow, inside forward role from the right with Barnes offering the more direct winger role on the opposite side. Youri clearly enjoys playing with him as well and personally I would like to see us move Ndidi to centre back for the foreseeable until Fofana is back as it allows us to have a better ball player in Soumare in his natural role of screening the back 4 which helps with our passing game. 

Great post is this. 

• Like 2

...it is a step up for him and he needs time to continue doing what he is doing now!!!

He seems to be filling in the spaces vacated by Youri and the Defensive Midfielder. As previously stated he brings us energy, drive and the balance that we have spent so long trying to find. He is effectively playing the role Soumare should be playing, he covers a lot of ground and is positive in whatever he tries to do.

We are no longer going to be struggling in the midfield and can now compete with teams and prevent us being overrun. We have a big test coming up, today the dynamics of the team changed and we benefitted from it, let us see how we will look to set out our stall in future, to see if Rodgers gets it right.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I've been really critical of him but his energy is infectious and this has been massive for us. He might get in our best team now when all players are fit the way he's playing.

3 hours ago, escape2victory said:

On the ball still got quite a bit of development to do and not sure if technically he has what it takes to be a top end prem midfielder, however, what I will say is off the ball he is excellent, with his pressing and tracking runners, and is exactly what this team needs at the moment

...believe it or not he is a very good technical player, he just plays in a different way now than he used to!!!

He has a very good left foot, reads the game well, and can pick a pass, his change of style means he has dropped some of these attributes, but the quality is still there. He is a bit of a chameleon in that he can change what he brings to the team, I wonder if he sees this role as the role he wishes to play as he can also play further forward and be as adept.

• Like 2

He is really good but not that good.   He could become a fixture in the team.   Determination and self-belief can be wonderful additions to having some ability.  Also, he seems to have football intelligence in abundance.

I'd hate to play against him as he is non-stop.  I like seeing him in the team bait I hope he never becomes complacent.

And he is a Leicester fan.

Yes, he gave the ball away, but I think those passes will stick with time. He's not at his best yet, but I think that will come as he gets used to the speed of the Prem. What's so exciting is he can improve so much but even at the level he is now, he improves the team enormously. Desire, determiniation, picking pockets and space and passing quickly. He makes everyone around him better. The way he's going, he'll be a fixture in this team before too long. Very, very chuffed for him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've been really critical of him but his energy is infectious and this has been massive for us. He might get in our best team now when all players are fit the way he's playing.

Why have you been really critical of him? Today was his 6th start in all competitions. 

Young players who have never played in the Premier league need time to get up to speed. 

Also I think he's been pretty steady in his 6 starts so makes your criticism even more baffling. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Different type of player but I know what you mean.

KDH is more technical than Henderson, but shares the same engine. My understanding is that he used to run for the county as a youngster and had the highest score in the preseason fitness test. Henderson is one of those players who I often dislike when he's on the pitch against us because he is very vocal and often quite obnoxious (a bit like "sledging" in Cricket), but for his team his presence is vital. He's an excellent captain that spurs that team on when they aren't at their best, and always leaves everything out on the pitch when he plays.

Dewsbury-Hall is the sort of player I can see being a mainstay for us for years. He's the type of player I wished Hamza Choudhury had become. Less aggressive / good defensively as Hamza, but way more accomplished on the ball, and with quite a high ceiling. Brendan Rodgers to his credit made Joe Allen look like the Welsh Iniesta so I could genuinely see him turning KDH into a good player. Don't get me wrong he won't ever be a Tielemans or Maddison in terms of technique, but I could see him being a modern day version of Neil Lennon, who was vastly underrated even by our own fans. When MON left, that was the beginning of the end of that era, but I think it was Lennon's departure and poorly replacing him with Junior Lewis and Dennis Wise (this makes me sick to even think about) that let to our massive downturn. Lennon had a great engine, could pass, and could chip in with a few goals, as well as being a real leader on the pitch. I could see KDH becoming that sort of player for sure.

Wise words.

KDH is a motivator.  He wants to make the most of what he has.  He just makes the game easier for the more talented players around him.

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I mean this with as little disrespect as possible but a lot of people will not appreciate how important a player like KDH is to a team and how a player like him makes a team better. He is not exceptionally talented individually in comparison to midfielders like Maddison and Tielemans but he understands the game, he moves around the better players creating space by making the right run for them to slip a pass through to him or giving them room to run into. I’d also love to see his running stats as the lad just does not stop working for the team. 

He’s currently playing the mezzala role in this 4-3-3 that we’ve stumbled upon and it’s actually something we need to stick with, it allows Maddison to play the narrow, inside forward role from the right with Barnes offering the more direct winger role on the opposite side. Youri clearly enjoys playing with him as well and personally I would like to see us move Ndidi to centre back for the foreseeable until Fofana is back as it allows us to have a better ball player in Soumare in his natural role of screening the back 4 which helps with our passing game. 

Exactly what I think of Praet as well. I wouldn’t say he is better than Praet yet because I think Praet makes better runs (but he is often missed by the likes of Ndidi who cannot pass). KDH runs around more though and is more the kind of player Rodgers want, I suppose.  Overall, I agree. He is a great player to have in the team.

• Like 3