Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Very impressive today. Very athletic with a decent technique. Will definitely get better with more games as he's still adjusting to the speed of the PL. In terms of athletism, he reminds me of Colin Bell. If he ends up being half as good, hell become an England regular. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why have you been really critical of him? Today was his 6th start in all competitions. 

Young players who have never played in the Premier league need time to get up to speed. 

Also I think he's been pretty steady in his 6 starts so makes your criticism even more baffling. 

Because I didn't think he was very good up until the Southampton game. Its a game of opinions, sometimes those are wrong and sometimes people change them.

Also the young player line is really relevant - he's inexperienced but not young.

The Brighton game he was really poor but he's been very good since Southampton.

Are you arguing that no player should ever be criticised?

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

I honestly don't think anyone can pigeon hole him yet in what type of player he is, I think he's still got a huge amount of progression he'll make over the next 12-18 months. He's got enough of all the ingredients to any type of midfielder, even a defensive midfielder. The amount of times he won the ball back in the latter stages of yesterday was impressive.

I really hope he does kick on here and establishes himself. We all hoped Choudhury would do that and he sadly hasn't. KDH seems to have way more ability on the ball and he'll score more than a couple a season that's for sure if he does play regularly, I can see him developing in to a 5-10 goals a season man and a fair few assists.

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
27 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

"up and till the Southampton game" he hadn't even started a league game. His first start was v Villa. 

It's a game of opinions yes but perhaps if you show a bit of patience and wait for young/inexperienced to at least make their full league debut before deciding they aren't very good you wouldn't have to change your own opinion so much. 

He started against Brighton....

Perhaps you could demonstrate patience too? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He didn't.... 

Screenshot_20211213_135049_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.dde447b57859cf5e36842bcbb8f58174.jpg

He did....

The league Cup match. He was pretty poor and got dragged after 60.

Also started against legia warsaw and was average. If he couldn't do it at that level I was concerned he wouldn't step up.

Still have a few question marks over him but been very impressed recently. I know that won't stop some sensitive gammons getting all defensive about it though.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

"up and till the Southampton game" he hadn't even started a league game. His first start was v Villa. 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He did....

The league Cup match. He was pretty poor and got dragged after 60.

So I was right he hadn't started a leauge game till villa?

Irregardless... Deciding he's not very good after a couple of leauge cup games isn't good. Anyway we are going round in circles here hopefully you won't be so quick to write players off as "not very good" in the future but I won't hold my breath. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Irregardless... Deciding he's not very good after a couple of leauge cup games isn't good. Anyway we are going round in circles here hopefully you won't be so quick to write players off as "not very good" in the future but I won't hold my breath. 

If I'd written him off and I'd hardly be back here so I got it wrong would I?

And yes we're going round in circles but only because no one is allowed to have an opinion which borders on the critic.

On 13/12/2021 at 07:22, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because I didn't think he was very good up until the Southampton game. Its a game of opinions, sometimes those are wrong and sometimes people change them.

Also the young player line is really relevant - he's inexperienced but not young.

The Brighton game he was really poor but he's been very good since Southampton.

Are you arguing that no player should ever be criticised?

Fair play for changing your mind, most people double down regardless these days. Even if they know they’re wrong.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Fair play for changing your mind, most people can't stand anyone having an opinion different from themselves even if they've now changed it and they now share the same opinion as you.

Corrected it for you 😆

19 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

He’d started a game in every other competition we’ve played though. Your argument of it not being in the league is a pathetic way of clutching at straws to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’d started a game in every other competition we’ve played though. Your argument of it not being in the league is a pathetic way of clutching at straws to be honest. 

....I  would say, if his games had only previously been cup matches, then they would have been not of the standard of a league game, perhaps the only real standard to judge him on!!!

On 13/12/2021 at 08:59, Ric Flair said:

I honestly don't think anyone can pigeon hole him yet in what type of player he is, I think he's still got a huge amount of progression he'll make over the next 12-18 months. He's got enough of all the ingredients to any type of midfielder, even a defensive midfielder. The amount of times he won the ball back in the latter stages of yesterday was impressive.

I really hope he does kick on here and establishes himself. We all hoped Choudhury would do that and he sadly hasn't. KDH seems to have way more ability on the ball and he'll score more than a couple a season that's for sure if he does play regularly, I can see him developing in to a 5-10 goals a season man and a fair few assists.

Big differences between Choudhury and KDH is that Choudhury is a very one dimensional player who doesn't read the game very well, hence the lunging tackles and always seemingly chasing back from the wrong side of the ball.

KDH is similarly athletic but far more adaptable in his style of play, technically much better and reads the game very well....and he's a very humble lad as well so none of this will ever go to his head.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eblair said:

really random point, but love his all black boots, proper throwback player

....and the fact that he plays with his shirt tucked in (sometimes!).   

Reason for this is probably because he was always very small through the age groups so he had to tuck his shirt in as the shirts were always way too big for him and drowned him    :)

• Like 4