Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

On 30/12/2021 at 04:40, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think Soumare will come good -- the Premier League is sometime hard to be dumped into. But I also think there is a bit of prejudice against our homegrown players returning from load (both from staff and the fans.) If we had bought KDH, like we bought Maddison from a Championship club, I expect we would have seen him get a run of games sooner.

Yeah. One way or another there were a few of us who saw quality in KDH some years ago but yet he was never given the time nor patience in terms of first team action earlier. This is really for Rodgers, but I feel that his loyalty towards the club actually worked against him. He is young but at 23 he ought to have had more games under his belt be it with us or on loan. Not sure why he was not sent out on loan earlier than it did for him last season when he was already 22. Perhaps he felt like he could crack it straight here but Rodgers and the youth team coaches should have managed his career better. Like you said, if he was bought from another club, I feel that he would have gotten into the first team much sooner.

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah. One way or another there were a few of us who saw quality in KDH some years ago but yet he was never given the time nor patience in terms of first team action earlier. This is really for Rodgers, but I feel that his loyalty towards the club actually worked against him. He is young but at 23 he ought to have had more games under his belt be it with us or on loan. Not sure why he was not sent out on loan earlier than it did for him last season when he was already 22. Perhaps he felt like he could crack it straight here but Rodgers and the youth team coaches should have managed his career better. Like you said, if he was bought from another club, I feel that he would have gotten into the first team much sooner.

On here if you score a goal for French 2nd. division club ,you are automatically a better player than a local lad who has been with us for a dozen years. These days players are judged by stats on a computer game it seems. The number of duds signed for big money in the EPL based on shoddy background knowledge is appalling.

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree. KDH is filling the role I think Soumare was expected to perform. Soumare will come good I believe though and will prove a good buy I hope. Either way chuffed to see KdH doing so well. 

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Didn't see this interview with KDH before but what a great attitude he has:

He told talkSPORT: “I said (to Rodgers): ‘When I get a chance I’m going to give you one of the hardest decisions to take me out'. That’s what I’m going to try to keep doing. We’ll see what happens.

“I’ve waited a while to get to this moment and it would be very stupid of me to take my foot off the pedal now. It’s about putting it down on the accelerator to work even harder and to give the manager a really tough decision about not playing me.

“You want to play week in, week out in the Premier League in periods like this, and that’s what I’m aiming to do. The competition here at Leicester is very good, we know that, but it’s going to be very hard for anyone to try to get in while I’m playing.”

“I’ve been patiently waiting in the wings for my opportunity,” he said. “I was grateful to be able to get it and I’m glad I’ve been able to show a lot to hopefully now keep my place.

“I’m going to try as hard as I can not to lose that place because that’s what you want as a player, you want to be playing every week and doing well for your team. I’ll be working hard to make sure I’m going to play a big part."

He's convinced me he's not going to let anything stop him succeeding. I hope his attitude rubs off on the team.

• Like 4

Terrific attitude and mentality on the lad. Even from the start of pre-season, he looked in far better shape than the rest of the team.
He's come in with a real mission to prove himself, happy to see Brendan react favourably to that too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

He's started four, FOUR premier league games. Might some of us be getting a tad carried away?!?

You could tell Kanté was a special player from about 20 minutes v Bury.

He's not and never will be technically the best player we have. But you can see from how he carries himself on the pitch and the way he plays that he could be a massive player for us for years to come. Heart of a lion and the lungs of Steve Redgrave. He's got the stuff that can't be taught. He's stepped up to every challenge in his career so far and there's no reason to believe he won't continue to keep stepping up.

Screw it, build the man's statue already!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

He's started four, FOUR premier league games. Might some of us be getting a tad carried away?!?

He's also had two successful loan spells, not like his games for us are his only experience. Most people I imagine will be acknowledging his extremely positive season with Luton last season in addition to a number of impressive performances for us when getting excited about him.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Make this lad the next captain. 

I can see this. He has that stance and look in his eye that says follow me. Leads by example. It’s early days and we don’t really know his character but early signs look good. With players like Thomas Justin barnes Daka hopefully Fofana if he stays we have the nucleus of a future team right in front of us. 

• Like 1