Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

18 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

He's started four, FOUR premier league games. Might some of us be getting a tad carried away?!?

I don’t log onto this forum for carefully reasoned opinions, pal. He’s looked confident and capable so far and he’s been raved about in the Championship. Players do have ups and downs of course. He looks to be on the same trajectory as Barnes: an excellent Championship loan followed by an eventually successful first team place. It took Barnes at least a season to get settled in and adapt to the league of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm convinced he will reach a higher standard of play for us than he would at an equal team or possibly even higher, effort and passion can be a marginal gain and I think he is the character we have been crying out for here to lead us.

messiah.PNG.e1653c2d02321533cb88e590f0be0173.PNG

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I can see this. He has that stance and look in his eye that says follow me. Leads by example. It’s early days and we don’t really know his character but early signs look good. With players like Thomas Justin barnes Daka hopefully Fofana if he stays we have the nucleus of a future team right in front of us. 

....if we revert to Rodgers preferred formation it will be 4-2-3-1!!!

I know with squad rotation there is a scope to incorporate all the quality we have, but going to a double pivot only gets us back to a midfield 2 which is admittingly now aided by the energy of KDH. In order to take advantage of his (KDH) presence on the pitch, we need to go to a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3 with either Youri or Maddison taking the "creator" role in this instance. We have so far coped with a midfield 2 but we now do not need to do so, and if we fail to now utilise KDH in bolstering our defence as well as attack, it will be a missed opportunity.

Most seems to believe Youri is on his way out, I think with KDH now drafted in, Youri will now have someone to do the leg work. and we are a club with top 4 quality, he really could not have a better infrastructure to build his career on.

• Like 1

It reminds me of Kante in the sense of yes, while it's early, they're such rounded and complete performances it's more likely to be sustained. It's not like we're getting carried away with him scoring 10 in his opening 4 or something.

He's everything this side has been lacking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I know with squad rotation there is a scope to incorporate all the quality we have, but going to a double pivot only gets us back to a midfield 2 which is admittingly now aided by the energy of KDH. In order to take advantage of his (KDH) presence on the pitch, we need to go to a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3 with either Youri or Maddison taking the "creator" role in this instance. We have so far coped with a midfield 2 but we now do not need to do so, and if we fail to now utilise KDH in bolstering our defence as well as attack, it will be a missed opportunity.

Most seems to believe Youri is on his way out, I think with KDH now drafted in, Youri will now have someone to do the leg work. and we are a club with top 4 quality, he really could not have a better infrastructure to build his career on.

Yes I think it will definite give him pause for thought. I can see KDH and Youri sharing that workload and releasing the other as and when the opportunity presents itself. They both seem to be very team orientated and not focussed on individual spotlight. If we manage to keep all our talent, injury permitting, then Brendan will have some difficult but positive decisions to make. This will also keeps competition for places high and enables effective rotation and in game choices. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s the same type of people saying don’t get carried away KDH as they did with Barnes.

Anybody that followed their respective loan spells closely could tell they both had something to bring to table at PL level.

It’s not like they just looked comfortable at that level, they were their teams’ stand out player in 4 out of 5 the loan spells.

At the start of the season KDH was the player that many tipped to be the breakout player of the season.

But even for people that tipped him to be good, we've been surprised by just how good he's been. In both Liverpool games he was the best player on the pitch. It doesn't surprise me that we won the one he stayed on for the full 90 and lost the one (albeit on penalties) on the one he came off in. He's been good in many other games too, the only one I really think he was poor in was against Legia away, just like everyone else in the team.

If he managed to keep his current form up till the end of the season I have no doubt he'll get called up for England. I don't expect him to maintain being quite this good in every game just yet, but the last player that came into the team and immediately looked like they not only belonged but were going to be something special was Tielemans or maybe Fofana. 

Exciting times with this player in the team for sure!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

At the start of the season KDH was the player that many tipped to be the breakout player of the season.

But even for people that tipped him to be good, we've been surprised by just how good he's been. In both Liverpool games he was the best player on the pitch. It doesn't surprise me that we won the one he stayed on for the full 90 and lost the one (albeit on penalties) on the one he came off in. He's been good in many other games too, the only one I really think he was poor in was against Legia away, just like everyone else in the team.

If he managed to keep his current form up till the end of the season I have no doubt he'll get called up for England. I don't expect him to maintain being quite this good in every game just yet, but the last player that came into the team and immediately looked like they not only belonged but were going to be something special was Tielemans or maybe Fofana. 

Exciting times with this player in the team for sure!

I really rate Dewsbury-hall but I think you are going over the top. Whilst his coverage of the pitch was exceptional against Liverpool (in the second game), he gave the ball away far too easily. He is going to have to improve this element of his game or he will find it really hard to hold down a place in our team, let alone be considered for England.

Edited by Micky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Btw I think the emergence of KDH has had a similar positive effect on Maddison and his recent resurgence. I don’t think we need to get too bogged down on formations in and out of possession as this so fluid nowadays but it is key to have quality across the pitch. With players coming back from injury and if we can keep said players we will have this. Shame Praet didn’t seem want to fight for a place as he would be useful. 

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s the same type of people saying don’t get carried away KDH as they did with Barnes.

Anybody that followed their respective loan spells closely could tell they both had something to bring to table at PL level.

It’s not like they just looked comfortable at that level, they were their teams’ stand out player in 4 out of 5 the loan spells.

Although I do agree not to rush his progress KDH stood out a mile in the championship, always looked 2 seconds ahead of the opposition. Always had plenty of space, never gave the ball away. Could tell he had the potential to play premiership football

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He does have a fire in his belly. He posed for his statue earlier this season.

GettyImages-1237033553-scaled-e1638734045663-1024x682.jpg

Yes, I’ve noticed that. Sticks up for himself and his teammates. I’ve also noticed he gets in the refs ear when bad decisions go against us, all positives. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes, I’ve noticed that. Sticks up for himself and his teammates. I’ve also noticed he gets in the refs ear when bad decisions go against us, all positives. 

If you watch the tunnel cam against Liverpool at half-time he goes to the 4th official to complain about Matip's challenges on Nacho.

Just sense he's a natural leader.  

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If you watch the tunnel cam against Liverpool at half-time he goes to the 4th official to complain about Matip's challenges on Nacho.

Just sense he's a natural leader.  

In that Liverpool game he reminded me a lot of milner / Henderson. Despise playing against those 2 but they're all energy and in the ear of the ref.

Hes not at that level yet as we're talking about two of the best English midfielders of the last ten years but he does have some of their style about him. 

56 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

In that Liverpool game he reminded me a lot of milner / Henderson. Despise playing against those 2 but they're all energy and in the ear of the ref.

Hes not at that level yet as we're talking about two of the best English midfielders of the last ten years but he does have some of their style about him. 

He's brought a completely new dimension to our team, both in his style of play and his attitude. We needed this so much, I was hoping Soumare was a physical and energetic leader too and hopefully he will be as we lack that grit and character that has cost us at times.

It's all set up for KDH to become our captain in a few years.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

He's been brilliant since he's come into the side. Long may it continue. 

Same as Jacob Ramsey for Villa who's also looked impressive. Sometimes it needs a bit of youth to inject a bit of life into a side to Drive them forward.

KDH is defo a future captain as he has that mentality and attitude to inspire in how he conducts himself when on and off the field.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1st half he was good again, 2nd half was poor. 

I love how much he's progressing though, I don't think we're anywhere near what he's capable of though. 

I agree. I think he's a bit of a late bloomer, a bit like Vardy. I think he's clearly got the right attitude to just keep learning and improving.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

I'm not convinced he's anything special. We all want local lads to do well but I don't see him having a long term future with the club. 

Think he could have a Hamza about him. But let's see if he progresses further and develops the more time he has.