Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Carries the ball well, and that's different to any of our other central midfielders. I think he's better in a 3-man midfield than a two. 

One thing he needs to improve his speeding up his decision making, holds onto too long sometimes while he decides what to do. Maddison thrives of quick service and there were times yesterday where he wanted the ball but KDH didn't play the pass quick enough. 

He's better than Choudhury though and have no qualms having him around the squad for the next couple of seasons. If not a guaranteed starter. 

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm not convinced he's anything special. We all want local lads to do well but I don't see him having a long term future with the club. 

Hardest grafter on the pitch. He’s just started to get going it will be interesting to see where he plays when everyone is fit. 

43 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm not convinced he's anything special. We all want local lads to do well but I don't see him having a long term future with the club. 

Wow I’m shocked. He seems pretty clear to me that he has what it takes and will have a place in our team for years to come. 

• Like 3

He's prone to the odd stinker, but so is everyone, especially in his first season as a Premier League player.

We notice the bad stuff more as midfielders are involved in many more phases of play. But I think he has all the attributes to be a success here.

His passing range, touch and control are miles above Choudhury, for example. His aggression is more focused as well and he's generally positive on the ball.

Players will have bad games, and he started the season quietly (possibly nervously) but he's really got into his stride since Napoli away. I don't think we should be writing him off after one bad or indifferent game against Brighton.

I didn’t think his energy levels were as good as they have been previously, so either he has lost a bit fitness (since returning from injury) or been instructed to not play that way. 
I want to see that grafting engine all game, like we did vs Liverpool and Villa. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I didn’t think his energy levels were as good as they have been previously, so either he has lost a bit fitness (since returning from injury) or been instructed to not play that way. 
I want to see that grafting engine all game, like we did vs Liverpool and Villa. 

Probably told to chill out and not to be so enthusiastic. Wouldn't be the first to have the youthful exuberance coached out of them.

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Hardest grafter on the pitch. He’s just started to get going it will be interesting to see where he plays when everyone is fit. 

I think he’ll be Tielemans long term successor, would save us a few quid as well. 

As pointed out previously, he has been our second best addition to the squad this season. I understand that he doesn’t have outstanding technical ability but he brings some much needed energy and reads the game very well. There is a place for those two attributes.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Probably told to chill out and not to be so enthusiastic. Wouldn't be the first to have the youthful exuberance coached out of them.

Wait, so he's brought in for specifically that, and then immediately it's coached out of him lollol. What?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

This for me. He’s done quite well but it depends what we want. If we want to be a mid table team then great, play him every week. If we want to push top 6 then we simply need better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Should tell the dimwitted coach to go and do one then. KDH is not a kid , he knows his game and will stick with it.

3 minutes ago, Eightyeight said:

This for me. He’s done quite well but it depends what we want. If we want to be a mid table team then great, play him every week. If we want to push top 6 then we simply need better. 

Better be prepared to spend £50 million then instead of nothing.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, I was speaking to a mate who's not a Leicester fan and they are usually incredibly rude and dismissive about us and our players but are raving about KDH.

I do think there needs to be end product to back up his game. It's easy to be impressed by his energy, his ability to drive up pitch etc and as a left footed central midfielder he's giving us a dimension on passing angles and fluidity that we perhaps have been missing but in the medium to long term I want to see goals and assists and I think that'll come. 

He's flourished for us in the midfield diamond but playing in a double pivot with Tielemans hasn't been quite as good but understandable as they're quite similar in certain aspects.

....genuine question Ric, what if KDH does not give us the goals and assists, but links the teams fluidity!!!

You are looking for Soumares stats to be about goals and assists, but at his previous club he linked the team very much in the same way as KDH does for us without the stats you are looking for.

Isn't what he (KDH) brings, enough for his inclusion in the team.

On 05/01/2022 at 09:23, Ric Flair said:

He's brought a completely new dimension to our team, both in his style of play and his attitude. We needed this so much, I was hoping Soumare was a physical and energetic leader too and hopefully he will be as we lack that grit and character that has cost us at times.

It's all set up for KDH to become our captain in a few years.

If you’re still holding out any kind of hope on this then you’re definitely an optimist!

Languid and ambling are the first two words that spring to mind when I think of him.