Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm not convinced he's anything special. We all want local lads to do well but I don't see him having a long term future with the club. 

I had the same thought about him a couple of months ago. Almost like a “what differentiates him?” or “what’s his outstanding quality/feature?”.

I’ve realised what it is in recent weeks. It’s his absolute engine and ability to move the ball through the thirds with energy and quality.

Look at the piece of play after Schmeichel saved the penalty against Liverpool and the way he took us up the pitch. To be able to do that at the highest level isn’t something you see every day: it requires the mindset, energy and technical ability to carry the ball with such gusto and in a way the opposition were scrambling to stop it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....genuine question Ric, what if KDH does not give us the goals and assists, but links the teams fluidity!!!

You are looking for Soumares stats to be about goals and assists, but at his previous club he linked the team very much in the same way as KDH does for us without the stats you are looking for.

Isn't what he (KDH) brings, enough for his inclusion in the team.

Depends on the role they do, under Brendan Rodgers every midfielder bar the traditional DCM should score and assist at least 5-10 a season. KDH is capable, he's done it at a lower level and is improving, he seems progressive enough to be capable to bring that in the PL eventually. If he doesn't but still brings plenty of other qualities then he'll still be of importance to this team but he's got it in him, certainly on the assists side of things.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

That seems very harsh.

As an academy player in his first season in the PL he is already much further along in terms of progression than I was expecting.  He's dynamic and he has a great engine which is just what we need and he is only going to get better.  Softens the blow of the disappointment of Soumare.

Very harsh , really ?  He’s not slated the lad just said he’s not convinced he’s anything special . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

That seems very harsh.

As an academy player in his first season in the PL he is already much further along in terms of progression than I was expecting.  He's dynamic and he has a great engine which is just what we need and he is only going to get better.  Softens the blow of the disappointment of Soumare.

Being disappointed with Soumare is probably a tad harsh, he is also a young kid in his first season in the PL.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Very harsh , really ?  He’s not slated the lad just said he’s not convinced he’s anything special . 

Harsh because OP is making a judgement too early in his career and saying he is unlikely to be good enough for us.  He's only played half a dozen games or so.  

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Being disappointed with Soumare is probably a tad harsh, he is also a young kid in his first season in the PL.

True, he's young too but a much more experienced and established player.  He is rated at £20+m, a French title winner and 100 appearances under his belt.  I hope it's teething trouble but I think we have a right to expect more.  KDH is much greener and on the evidence of this season, has adapted much better.

• Like 1

Define ‘special’? KDH is exactly what this team needs. He has the drive of Ricardo (in his prime) the courage and the gusto of a Declan rice. Decent on the ball and makes good passes. Yes the shooting needs some work but he will get there. For a kid from our academy he’s been a revaluation! The rest of team like madders, youre and Our strikers are getting him. At the end of the day he gets the ball up the field and attacks going which is what we need to all the time. Hopefully soon we can perform for an entire 90 minutes. Hate Rogers subbing him off we lose energy immediately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm not convinced he's anything special. We all want local lads to do well but I don't see him having a long term future with the club. 

I agree. Having watched him live for a few games now I don't think his feet are quick enough to play at the top, top level which is understandable because he's quite tall. For me his best chance of staying in the side for seasons to come is work on set pieces. That and his size would make him enough of an asset.

edit: also being left footed makes him a novelty.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

Guest Kopfkino

Has to play. Only outfield player we have with any bollocks if Vardy doesn’t play. Can be as shit as he likes, can be as shit as Tielemans but in times like this I want players with guts rather than the namby pamby willy pullers