Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

48 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Totally agreed with non selection today. 

His main asset is his engine. I have yet to see his ability to give a killer pass or get a good shot in (I think that will come). 

For us to be fielding a player because he gets up and down the pitch at 8th in the Championship is slightly concerning and a sign of where we are 

He was man of the match against Liverpool, both for his pressing and passing quality. He should have started today. 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

He was man of the match against Liverpool, both for his pressing and passing quality. He should have started today. 

His strength is in his pressing, his box to box work ethic as highlighted in that Liverpool result. He’s perfect for those sort of games. 

I’d like to think playing a midfield today who had two top flight appearances, we can go more attacking with full three internationals and get a result.

That we are increasingly reliant on a recent debutant is worrying. Particularly against the calibre of opposition

29 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

His strength is in his pressing, his box to box work ethic as highlighted in that Liverpool result. He’s perfect for those sort of games. 

I’d like to think playing a midfield today who had two top flight appearances, we can go more attacking with full three internationals and get a result.

That we are increasingly reliant on a recent debutant is worrying. Particularly against the calibre of opposition

Yep, in theory, they should have been good enough. 

Both the opposition today were physical and bullied us, and I think KDH would have dealt with it better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Totally agreed with non selection today. 

His main asset is his engine. I have yet to see his ability to give a killer pass or get a good shot in (I think that will come). 

For us to be fielding a player because he gets up and down the pitch at 8th in the Championship is slightly concerning and a sign of where we are 

Much better than Ndidi then.

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I hate that had had to come on when he did under those circumstances but you could see he'd make the pass and run and look to receive ball, it was so noticeable, I hope he becomes important for next season

Yes. This. With Ndidi - it is the opposite, he just slows down play and bring pressure to the team. For sure KDH would have been much better in place of and not next to Ndidi.

Edited by Tom12345

9 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Yes please compare them, can you tell me what they have both done in their careers? One year age difference and you thing the man that won us the cup is awful and should be replaced by a player who has done nothing 

Exacty. KDH has done nothing to show that he is any sort of replacement for Youri. He's a decent squad player at the moment but that's about it. I get that he's homegrown and we all love a player coming through to get behind, and also get that when we are playing badly the players not playing suddenly seem to be the solution, but frankly replacing Youri with KDH makes us worse, much worse. 

He may get much better but he's only a year younger than Youri and their careers so far are night and day in comparison.

Edited by desertfox2
improvement

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Exacty. KDH has done nothing to show that he is any sort of replacement for Youri. He's a decent squad player at the moment but that's about it. I get that he's homegrown and we all love a player coming through to get behind, and also get that when we are playing badly the players not playing suddenly seem to be the solution, but frankly replacing Youri with KDH makes us worse, much worse. 

He may get much better but he's only a year younger than Youri and their careers so far are night and day in comparison.

I think youre comparing KDH to Youri of last year, Tielemans has already moved on from us and since he is the centre of this side the rest of it has fallen apart around him.

A motivated KDH is better than an unmotivated Tielemans, if KDH had put in the performances that Tielemans has over the last 5 games, we would be saying he's not good enough to play for us, we're only giving Tielemans a pass because we've seen how good he can be. 

• Like 1

But it worked fine against Tottenham... we more or less did the right things... the last few mins is not worth discussing right now, the bigger picture was that the team worked hard and going the right way... the big boys come back and lose momentum 

I need to stop reading this forum today... or I'm going mad ... got few covid days off to relax.... 😆😆😆

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Impossible task coming on when he did yesterday but are we already seeing the raw ability and intensity being coached out of him? Following a similar path to others.

Why do you keep saying this? He was one of the only players who provided some energy and tried to win the ball back.

5 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

At this point in time we don’t want to be comparing careers though, we want to be comparing how they have recently performed and which one are we more likely to get a good performance out of

KDH on recent form has been able to string together consecutive good performances where as Youri recently has one really good game and then completely disappears in others

You want someone starting who can provide 5 good performances rather than 1 really good performance and 4 poor ones

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because it's a pattern I'm worried he'll fall into. We need the intensity that he provides. 

I just think it’s more about the system that we are playing as opposed to coaching on an individual level. I do agree though, playing low intensity football with high energy players is so daft.

This guy is tops, I still can't believe some people were writing him off when he first came in. He's got so many positive attributes. He reminds me of Kante a lot in that he's all over the pitch and always looking to make space for a pass. Obviously nowhere near as talented as Ngolo but he's never anonymous and always looking to impact the game where he can. I can forgive the odd misplaced pass or poor shot for everything else that he brings to the table. I could very well see him being a big part of our midfield for the next 10 years if he chooses so.

• Like 4