Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

If he had played and got injured, arguably our most important player at the moment, everyone on here would have the daggers out for BR. We should have beaten Forest with the team he chose. He can't just chose a team based on emotion or the person who screams 'please sir can I play, pretty please' 

...getting injured is part and parcel of playing the game, we have witnessed as much!!!

Strange answer to the question!

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

He’s too unpredictable in his positioning.  Rodgers values predictability above all else - he wants to know where players are at all times.  He’s a system guy and players who freelance don’t suit his system.  His decisions reflect this, over sand over.  How long did it take before KDH even got a sniff in a league game?  He’s playing because Rodgers is trying to save his job, but he’ll be relegated to the squad player quicksand if and when BR believes he has more suitable options.

Someone been on the Sake?

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

This lad is going to win us games on his own, he’s obviously not close to that Gerrard level - but I get real Gerrard vibes when he plays.

I was actually thinking more Lampard as he has the knack of arrriving in the box at the right time & in the few games he has played he's always been an option around the opposition box which we haven't had previously, maybe since King.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Dare I say it may even be a bit more balanced and allow us to press higher, too? :ph34r:

KDH has it all to be a top player and I really rate him. Great engine and lower body strength and clearly 200% committed to the club, but I don’t think we are more balanced with him as he tends to slow the game down with his extra touches. 

Also, the only reason I can think he never broke into the first team three or four years ago is his first touch. I’m not saying he’s got Teflon feet, but his first touch is lacking for me. He doesn’t always kill the ball stone dead in tight positions and then ends up scrapping for it, although TBF often winning. Needs to take a leaf out of Lookman’s book who is adept under pressure. 

Having said the above he is a better team player than the likes of Praet and Perez. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Don't forget , he is not a kid he's 24 this year. He has been with the club a long time. He is a mature player who just lacked PL experience.  We needed a midfield powerhouse and it looks like he is our man. However where Soumaré fits in I don't know.

9 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's not hindsight but many back in the summer were questioning why the club were pursuing a midfielder from a euro league when we already had KDH and Praet ready to go. Still hope that Soumare comes good but looking doubtful to me. 

Literally only been here 6 months. 

Give the lad a chance. Not every single player (even at other clubs) slots in straight away and hits the ground running. Some take a bit longer and after a season show what they're capable off more consistently. Soumare has shown glimpses of what he can do - yes it's not regular but perhaps it's because he's not had a good run in the side. That will come with time. I see him as becoming quite a comfortable player once he settles down. For all we know he may have off field issues settling in to a new place and country. 

I think he will have his uses... 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Don't forget , he is not a kid he's 24 this year. He has been with the club a long time. He is a mature player who just lacked PL experience.  We needed a midfield powerhouse and it looks like he is our man. However where Soumaré fits in I don't know.

Great to see his patience bring rewarded. Let us hope he can have long rewarding career for us

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

He’s too unpredictable in his positioning.  Rodgers values predictability above all else - he wants to know where players are at all times.  He’s a system guy and players who freelance don’t suit his system.  His decisions reflect this, over sand over.  How long did it take before KDH even got a sniff in a league game?  He’s playing because Rodgers is trying to save his job, but he’ll be relegated to the squad player quicksand if and when BR believes he has more suitable options.

Hmm not sure you’ve called that right but let’s wait and see. Rodgers has come out a number of times and spoken about his importance to the side, to the point that he’s even ousted Rodgers own signing. If that’s not showing he has his backing then I don’t know what is

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Great to see his patience bring rewarded. Let us hope he can have long rewarding career for us

He also had a bad injury that kept him out for a year or so. Then successful loans at Blackpool and Luton. Its harder now though, say compared to Lineker and that era, in that you're expected to be a top level Premier League player straight away: and that means top class international level

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL

ALL KIERNAN DEWSBURY-HALL

A billion times better than his current chant.

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you heard KDH interview prior to the Forest game, he was buzzing to play as it was Forest and there had not been a fixture for so long!!!

He would have been the last player that should have been omitted from that team, in that game.

If scoring at the KP was such a big milestone for him last night, what would have playing against Forest had done for him.

Also Ndidi was completely knackered from AFCON. So this team selection for a Leicester lad makes no sense whatsoever . Unless KDH was not feeling 100 %.