Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

What is his contract I wonder. If we are tying down the future like Justin and Fofana, we should be giving this guy a big pay rise. 

Imagine he is probably on less than  Perez, Choudhury and Vestergaard. Absolutely crazy. Will hopefully be a mainstay for years to come. Looks better with every game.

Watched him a lot more closely today, and he's very good at knowing when to release the ball. He is confident enough to dribble with it until he commits an opposition player which leads to space further up the pitch. He's also very good technically and I think we have a real player on the books here. Our academy is amazing! 

• Thanks 1

A full preseason as a regular will see him go on again and has every chance to be an England regular,…..he has all the makings to be a top top midfielder ..engine, tenacity, technical, passing, awareness and learning…..

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Home grown style!

KDH was the best player in the first half but quieter in the second. Still an overall good game though. I do feel he dribbles the ball a bit too much at times but in saying that he’s got that great trait of receiving the ball under pressure then dribbling out with via a clever turn and then carrying the ball 20-30 yards. 

Ironically the player we thought Soumare was from his Lille clips is the player KDH is! Maybe for next season both can play that way? It would make the team very dynamic. 

KDH has now started 13 games in a row! He has quite literally played his way into the team and is now undroppable. Very impressive stuff and says it all about his mental fortitude. He’s a player you love to see play as a fan. He’s one of us, but good at football!

Wow is that in all comps? Been a fair bit of travelling involved in that time too if so

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Home grown style!

KDH was the best player in the first half but quieter in the second. Still an overall good game though. I do feel he dribbles the ball a bit too much at times but in saying that he’s got that great trait of receiving the ball under pressure then dribbling out with via a clever turn and then carrying the ball 20-30 yards. 

Ironically the player we thought Soumare was from his Lille clips is the player KDH is! Maybe for next season both can play that way? It would make the team very dynamic. 

KDH has now started 13 games in a row! He has quite literally played his way into the team and is now undroppable. Very impressive stuff and says it all about his mental fortitude. He’s a player you love to see play as a fan. He’s one of us, but good at football!

Which has created another issue.

KDH form has made him undroppable, Wilf has to play and that leave Youri who I don't think Rodgers is willing to drop. 

For me we look a better side with a number 10 playing between the lines and linking the midfield and attack whether that's Maddison or Nacho, rather then a 4-3-3 in my view.

I can see him trying to shoehorn in Maddison at RM. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Which has created another issue.

KDH form has made him undroppable, Wilf has to play and that leave Youri who I don't think Rodgers is willing to drop. 

For me we look a better side with a number 10 playing between the lines and linking the midfield and attack whether that's Maddison or Nacho, rather then a 4-3-3 in my view.

I can see him trying to shoehorn in Maddison at RM. 

Yep you could well be right.

With Tielemans, the thing is that for me is still the player who if he has a great game, we win. He can boss the entire game from start to finish and look top class on his day. Of course as we all know he's on his way, but I can see why Rodgers trusts him, because he's our record signing for a reason. 

Maddison has played at RW a lot this season, and has been good at it surpisngly. Most of the time he drifts inside for a full back to overlap, but his numbers show how good a season he's had. 

Controversially at the current time of writing I'd dare suggest dropping Ndidi for Mendy or Soumare in the 433. Ndidi was better than Tielemans today, but Ndidi doesn't create much and in the role he plays these days, doesn't destroy as much either. Having 3 dynamic midfielders could be fun to watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I just wish he got rid of that silly little beard.  

Ffs.

This would be great fodder if keyboard warriors ever need to scapegoat him. KDH's beard is as dangerous to the team as the brilliant (sell him to Arsenal) Maddison's see through back pack.

If KDH keeps striving for the team I have supported for fifty years, I don't give a pancakes' day about his choice of facial.hair.

But he carries it well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep you could well be right.

With Tielemans, the thing is that for me is still the player who if he has a great game, we win. He can boss the entire game from start to finish and look top class on his day. Of course as we all know he's on his way, but I can see why Rodgers trusts him, because he's our record signing for a reason. 

Maddison has played at RW a lot this season, and has been good at it surpisngly. Most of the time he drifts inside for a full back to overlap, but his numbers show how good a season he's had. 

Controversially at the current time of writing I'd dare suggest dropping Ndidi for Mendy or Soumare in the 433. Ndidi was better than Tielemans today, but Ndidi doesn't create much and in the role he plays these days, doesn't destroy as much either. Having 3 dynamic midfielders could be fun to watch.

Your posts are knowledgeable and incisive.

For once , I disagree.

Ndidi allows others to thrive.  He has to play.

It seems weird from where we were a few.months ago, but KDH has to play too.  For the balance of the team, either Maddison or Tieleamns need to play with the other being on the bench.  Currently, Maddison is sensational so the fantastic Tielemans needs to be benched.

Mendy or Soumare do not offer enough to replace Ndidi.

Things will shift and evolve when we get our defence back.

• Like 2

He's been exceptional this season, exactly what we've needed. With Wilf and Youri been in and out of form and Soumare being a disappointment, we'd have been hovering around the relegation zone without him. I'm surprised he's 23/24, what's he been doing in the academy for so long.