Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

He’s so old fashioned in how he plays, almost a flashback to the mid 2000s - I mean that with the greatest of respect by the way. It’s as if he’s been running premier league midfields for the last 15 years - I didn’t think we (football in general) produced players like this anymore. What a ****ing player.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes got no chance of England sadly. Doesn't play for a trendy club and doesn't have England age group caps.

It's a shame but he's going to struggle with that.

Calvin Philips has done ok though. Got his first cap in his mid 20's after only 1 season playing in the EPL and gone on to gain 19 caps so far. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Has no whistle or bells, very industrious and likes to try and pass in front of him. He is everything Maddison and Tielemans aren't and that is a very big compliment.

..... What 

Why do we have so many people on here that can't compliment one of our players without insulting several others for fvck sakes?

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Ah man really, crushing that.

I wouldn't take it to heart. Kids aren't always married to a club when they're young. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't consider Leicester to be 'his club' now. I'm sure he's said as much recently.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

Although Leeds' press forced him into some tricky and awkward positions, apparently he still completed more passes in the attacking half and won more tackles than any other City player. Apologies if this has already been posted, but I very much liked the praise that he drew from Brendan post match, who described him as a real throwback and an all-round midfielder from back in the day; one that can "get up and down, put his foot on in - he loves a tackle". He also went on to say "I think at some point he'll be captain here. He leads, he inspires, he'll say what he thinks, he's also very respectful and very humble. He just keeps getting better".

I don't think any of us would disagree. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
38 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He admitted that his boyhood club was ManU. Perhaps the penny dropped later. 

His family are all man utd fans too so wouldn't get too excited about the boyhood team line 

57 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes got no chance of England sadly. Doesn't play for a trendy club and doesn't have England age group caps.

It's a shame but he's going to struggle with that.

Wonder if he has any Scottish, Welsh or Irish relatives....

23 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If Leeds go down I'd happily have him next to KDH and Wilf as a Youri replacement. 

It’s a nice to have but no chance we’ll want to pay the sort of money Leeds will sell him for. More likely to end up with the sky big 6 cash splashers.

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His family are all man utd fans too so wouldn't get too excited about the boyhood team line 

Look guys so what if his family watched manu or that as a Kid his first football passion was supporting the top team at the time? Heck my entire neighborhood were Liverpool worshipers so my first memory is of yes players like Keegan, dalglish etc I even have a scarf somewhere in the attic probably from them days. I grew out of it quickly once I discovered my home team Leicester. It takes very single minded parents to indoctrinate their kids from conception to support one club only and that being the local one (I for example succeeded lol 
KDH wanted to play from an early age and his only interest was to build a career with Leicester. That’s good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Oh well, clearly switched at some point, I think we can let him off for supporting Man United till he was about 10 or whatever, some of our fans that have season tickets switched a lot later than that. if he considers us his boyhood club that’s enough for me. 

Edited by Yes
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, Yes said:

Oh well, clearly switched at some point, I think we can let him off for supporting Man United till he was about 10 or whatever, some of our fans that have season tickets switched a lot later than that. if he considers us his boyhood club that’s enough for me. 

Absolutely fine. I just think don't fall too hard for it. He grew up here but if one of the big boys want him, he'll want to go there. There isn't much sentiment nor loyalty in football and I think a lot are naive to that.

20 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Look guys so what if his family watched manu or that as a Kid his first football passion was supporting the top team at the time? Heck my entire neighborhood were Liverpool worshipers so my first memory is of yes players like Keegan, dalglish etc I even have a scarf somewhere in the attic probably from them days. I grew out of it quickly once I discovered my home team Leicester. It takes very single minded parents to indoctrinate their kids from conception to support one club only and that being the local one (I for example succeeded lol 
KDH wanted to play from an early age and his only interest was to build a career with Leicester. That’s good enough for me.

Unless you burst out of the vagina wearing blue face paint, shouting Forest are shit, then you are a bloody plastic. Ok.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Unless you burst out of the vagina wearing blue face paint, shouting Forest are shit, then you are a bloody plastic. Ok.

Not sure about this. Surely the birth canal is the perfect place for a carefully timed 'you're shit aaaaaargh' 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Not sure about this. Surely the birth canal is the perfect place for a carefully timed 'you're shit aaaaaargh' 

I thought this but it doesn’t sound as good with a squeaky voice, you don’t want peoples first ever impression of you being one in which you fùck up a classic rendition.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Although Leeds' press forced him into some tricky and awkward positions, apparently he still completed more passes in the attacking half and won more tackles than any other City player. Apologies if this has already been posted, but I very much liked the praise that he drew from Brendan post match, who described him as a real throwback and an all-round midfielder from back in the day; one that can "get up and down, put his foot on in - he loves a tackle". He also went on to say "I think at some point he'll be captain here. He leads, he inspires, he'll say what he thinks, he's also very respectful and very humble. He just keeps getting better".

I don't think any of us would disagree. 

Are you new to Foxestalk?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1