Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

I'd say that was the first game fro  him in 2022 that was mediocre or worse. Its a good run he's been one even with a poor display by his standards there were two pieces of play that would have turned a performance I've seen some claim proves he's nothing special in to more evidence he's got it all, which was that exquisite long ball over the top that Barnes was so close to being in a 1 on 1 Central position vs Ramsdale and another drive from deep that produced a real good opportunity that we squandered in the 2nd half.

• Like 2

On 11/03/2022 at 18:34, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes, he doesn’t seem to strike the ball cleanly in front of the goal. Maybe just rushes and snatches at it, however I think it’s just a matter of getting him to compose himself and I’m sure he’ll start to wade in with a few goals as he gets in the positions to grab a few.

I think it might be a similar problem to that of Barnes when he came back to us from his loan.  During his loan he was scoring for fun and hitting the ball cleanly, but having trouble with his shooting in the first season back with us.  I thought it was to do with adjusting to the speed of opposing defenders in the Prem, and maybe his confidence dipped.  The next season it all came back so I'm hoping KDH will start scoring more next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say that was the first game fro  him in 2022 that was mediocre or worse. Its a good run he's been one even with a poor display by his standards there were two pieces of play that would have turned a performance I've seen some claim proves he's nothing special in to more evidence he's got it all, which was that exquisite long ball over the top that Barnes was so close to being in a 1 on 1 Central position vs Ramsdale and another drive from deep that produced a real good opportunity that we squandered in the 2nd half.

that was an absolute peach of a cross/ chip over the defense for… Barnes to get on the end of.. he was the only bright spark for me in A sea of mediocrity..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

I think it might be a similar problem to that of Barnes when he came back to us from his loan.  During his loan he was scoring for fun and hitting the ball cleanly, but having trouble with his shooting in the first season back with us.  I thought it was to do with adjusting to the speed of opposing defenders in the Prem, and maybe his confidence dipped.  The next season it all came back so I'm hoping KDH will start scoring more next season.

....it is strange that players go away from the club and become more positive and confident within themselves!!!

Mendy when he last started for us, was constantly facing is own goal. Any time he received the ball and not facing his own goal, he would stop turn around and pass it to a Centre Back. Since coming back from AFCON he looks forward and seeks to play forward passes. You really start to wonder about our coaches.

Just as you said, KDH on loan was very good infront of goal, he is a very technical player, which he seems to have dropped a bit of that aspect of his game, to now become a powerful box to box dynamo. Todays game was the type of game that I felt he would make a big difference for us, because of his presence, but he was very much redlining, so the energy levels were just not there.

Need to be rested at some point, we spent 17 million on Soumaré in the summer and he effectively plays in the same position even if he hasn't shown Kiernan's quality, we need to be giving him the occasional start just to give Kiernan the chance to recuperate and keep his energy levels high. If we don't rest him soon, he WILL get a muscle injury, just like the rest of our squad. Against Arsenal was the perfect chance if we were just going to throw the game anyway, we definitely do need him for the game against Rennes now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

Agree with Barnes needing a season in the PL to adjust his shooting boots, but KDH has never been a prolific scorer. Definite room for improvement though

KDH scored 3 goals in 40 apps for Luton

Barnes scored 9 goals in 28 apps for WBA

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Agree with Barnes needing a season in the PL to adjust his shooting boots, but KDH has never been a prolific scorer. Definite room for improvement though

KDH scored 3 goals in 40 apps for Luton

Barnes scored 9 goals in 28 apps for WBA

He's got 9 goals in 67 nineties, basically a goal every 7.5 games which for a CM is better than average. Given his ability to get into the box I'd expect he'll improve at scoring

• Like 2

Just now, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Unless I missed something, did KDH get booked after full time, literally just for celebrating with our fans? Some of these refs in Europe are bonkers.

He must have said something or done something else. 

Either way, what a battler we have on our hands. True grit and determination personified. Exactly what this side needs. 

5 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Unless I missed something, did KDH get booked after full time, literally just for celebrating with our fans? Some of these refs in Europe are bonkers.

He kept raising his arms up at their fans and someone tried to lob a stool at him

• Like 1

His performance in the final 20 minutes was superb.

Particularly his positioning in our box we're he was cutting out crosses when they were going for it. I loved the way he took control of the ball and carried it out of danger near the end. 

That showed maturity beyond his years.

He worked very hard tonight and I bet he's sore this morning.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s definitely one you want in the trenches with you when you’re going to your certain death.

Like when he ran away with the ball when there was that goal mouth scramble.

That was the gutsyiest performance I've seen under Rodgers and its no coincidence this lad was at the forefront.

Hes got so much CHARACTER.

• 3 weeks later...