Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

He's that little cog in the engine that helps turn over all the bigger, more important parts. Ndidi, Youri, Vardy, Maddison, Fofana, they are all the big important part of the machine but he's that little wheel that keeps them all moving. 

The nature of his play, I don't think he will ever get the recognition or praise that he deserves outside the club but for those who watch him every week, we know how important he's becoming to this side. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

He adds balance to our midfield with his energy and bill winning ability. We look like we miss wilf far less with him in the team.

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

He's that little cog in the engine that helps turn over all the bigger, more important parts. Ndidi, Youri, Vardy, Maddison, Fofana, they are all the big important part of the machine but he's that little wheel that keeps them all moving. 

The nature of his play, I don't think he will ever get the recognition or praise that he deserves outside the club but for those who watch him every week, we know how important he's becoming to this side. 

Klopp noticed him pretty quickly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The way he drives up the pitch and the opposition can't get the ball off him is glorious. It's not guaranteed he'll become a creative genius in the final third but it does feel like he's more than capable and that's a frightening prospect. 

The sort that if he gets an important PL goal or two then they could start happening very regularly.

A few times he’s ran into a dead end on the half way line and you’re waiting for him to lose the ball then he ends up 50 yards up the pitch winning a corner or better. Cracking player

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Yesterday was the first time I've seen him play in the flesh. I was impressed with what I saw. Covers so much ground and that tackle for the goal typifies what he's about for me. I think he is probably one of the first names on the teamsheet now.

Pretty sure he was in full kit 

• Haha 2

Tremendous performance tonight, constantly on the ball and trying to make things happen. He ran the ball out of play and gave it away with some dodgy passing, but he more than makes up for it by being on the ball and being positive, over and over and over again. I love watching him play and hope we can find a few more players like him. I'd absolutely love him and Conor Gallagher in midfield togather.

He's honestly embarassing Youri at the minute. First name on the team sheet for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Tremendous performance tonight, constantly on the ball and trying to make things happen. He ran the ball out of play and gave it away with some dodgy passing, but he more than makes up for it by being on the ball and being positive, over and over and over again. I love watching him play and hope we can find a few more players like him. I'd absolutely love him and Conor Gallagher in midfield togather.

He's honestly embarassing Youri at the minute. First name on the team sheet for me.

great at winning the ball back tonight, several chances came from him winning the ball high up the pitch

• Like 1

Just now, ParkerPen said:

great at winning the ball back tonight, several chances came from him winning the ball high up the pitch

Great point, I didn't even mention the fact he won the ball back about a million times tonight as well :D

• Like 1

You wonder why he was only given a chance in the first team, at the age of 23, after several injuries we had. This bloke was identified by quite a few fans a few seasons ago and I for one thought he was excellent in the youth team and in pre seasons and wondered why he is not in the first team. This bloke should have been in the first team from when Barnes broke through and should now always be the one of the first names on the team sheet. He can really make Ndidi redundant. He can tackle, get possession back high up the pitch and he can pass!

Edited by Tom12345

He had a bad first seven or so minutes but once he grew into the game he has terrific. Broke up play and was a true box-to-box midfielder. Yes, he won't be considered elite until he sharpens his play in the final third but he's still an incredible asset to this team. To @ramadaone's point: I think his lack of end product is not helped by the static play of those around him. I'd be playing Daka and or Lookman so we have some pace in the box. I think that will help KDH, give him more dangerous options when he wins the ball back higher in the pitch.

• Like 1

He was head and shoulders above every player on the pitch tonight for energy. It was a very dull game, especially 2nd half and I blame PSV almost entirely for that as they were possibly the most uninterested side at going forward I've seen all season which has staggered me. There must be a game plan there from them, to get us to bore ourselves in to submission and get us back to their gaff and try and over power us whilst it's level pegging.

But KDH was the best player and deserved some energy around him to help get us across the line tonight. Love him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Over rated

No end product whatsoever 

This is my worry. You are going to get a lot of engine out of him. A lot of inceptions and a lot of carrying the ball up the pitch. 

But the end product was poor tonight. Didn’t really give Barnes a lot of help either. 

You take that point where Kelly put him half through, he gets twenty yards to edge of the box but then as to cut back on himself. The chance has gone by the end. 

He’s gotta try and start playing with head up more. Hope it comes