Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is either very fortunate or its testament to his coaching (probably half and half) but at both Celtic and now Leicester he has found a rough round the edges academy graduate in his early 20's and they have become his most important player. Callum McGregor and KDH.

Maddison still edges POTS as it stands but I wouldn't be surprised if KDH takes it by the end of the season.

If KDH keeps up this form then a combination of recency bias and him being a local academy product will probably clinch it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

If KDH keeps up this form then a combination of recency bias and him being a local academy product will probably clinch it. 

Yeah, Maddison needs to be back behind the striker too. Goals are slowly drying up when deployed wide right.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve been crying out for a physical box to box midfielder ever since Rodgers came in. Hes a proper midfielder general and he's so important when we play physical teams.

Credit to him and I'm sorry I ever doubted him.

I think he's played a big role in us being able to cope without a physical midfield destroyer like Wilf, rather than expecting Mendy to come in and replicate what Wilf does like we did towards the end of last season when Wilf was injured. A proper box to box midfielder who contributes defensively and going forward, that Roy Keane moans does not exist anymore!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I hate the Mail as a paper, but they wrote this about KDH which has had me in stitches:

Playing on the left of a three-man midfield, he tries to win back the ball as though it is a precious family heirloom. And when he has it, he has eye-catching quality.

lol

I thought the same about the Mail, but likewise this was my highlight from the different extracts! 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fully agree about maddison being pots. Rodgers loves players like that and it's got to be down to his coaching - before he came in no one gave kdh a chance at the first team. He's made a massive difference.

I give every Player massive Space & freedom.

its Not , Never the first Thing I do, is put any player in that cynical, doubting wheel of many FT-posters..who over these few years have grown obese on humble pie...They Never learn ,especially having that Hollywood Story of our special One Vardy...

Then so many others in past & present squad who have become mainstays & backbones of our squad/first-team...

Accept..!! Most of FT-forum cant Pick a player,they are too damn busy, failing at becoming FT-star-pundits,Chasing the cynical negative speculatives.

The list of our squad players  who have gone through that traditional grinder , shows the Cloth cap,east-midlands miserable buggar roots so ingrained within this forum.......whats worse, let a proven Player make a miniscual mistakes or a run of bad form ,there is Not a street long enough to put up the. crosses to crucify, those noble souls...or Lack of volunteers, to Drive in the nails...

Encourage,patience,....Support are not words found in the FT-dictionary..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
46 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I give every Player massive Space & freedom.

its Not , Never the first Thing I do, is put any player in that cynical, doubting wheel of many FT-posters..who over these few years have grown obese on humble pie...They Never learn ,especially having that Hollywood Story of our special One Vardy...

Then so many others in past & present squad who have become mainstays & backbones of our squad/first-team...

Accept..!! Most of FT-forum cant Pick a player,they are too damn busy, failing at becoming FT-star-pundits,Chasing the cynical negative speculatives.

The list of our squad players  who have gone through that traditional grinder , shows the Cloth cap,east-midlands miserable buggar roots so ingrained within this forum.......whats worse, let a proven Player make a miniscual mistakes or a run of bad form ,there is Not a street long enough to put up the. crosses to crucify, those noble souls...or Lack of volunteers, to Drive in the nails...

Encourage,patience,....Support are not words found in the FT-dictionary..

I meant at the club rather than on foxestalk.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Daily Mail

[…]

With his jet black boots, no-frills haircut and unfussy demeanour, Dewsbury-Hall is the antithesis of many of today’s stars – but he has little reason to envy them once he gets on to the pitch.

You can almost feel the side eye at Dominic Calvert-Lewin. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Made it to Garth Crooks' TOTW. 

Garth Crooks would be a great manager.  Generally, every player, excluding the keeper, scores.  If Crooks sacrificed hos expert punditry for football management, he would lead a team scoring about 500 goals a season,

Or...   Perhaps Garth Crooks team of the week should be renamed a list of player who scored this week but would not fit into a team together.

Having said that, KDH is in there on merit.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fully agree about maddison being pots. Rodgers loves players like that and it's got to be down to his coaching - before he came in no one gave kdh a chance at the first team. He's made a massive difference.

Actually he also did the same with Henderson at Liverpool!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Actually he also did the same with Henderson at Liverpool!

And kdh is very similar to Henderson in terms of style I think.

It took Kante to move to Chelsea before the media realised just what a fantastic player he was.  Towards the end of our title season, there were a few media sorts starting to give him a mention, but still not realising how special he was.  I'm not saying KDH is Kante level, but again, I don't think the media have noticed him yet, or at least not taking him seriously so far.  I watched the motd2 analysis of him from Shearer, and it was quite half arsed really, unlike the fawning the likes of Mason Mount often gets.  Then on Sky this morning he was being likened to Lee Cattermole!  Seriously, the penny hasn't dropped yet within the media, what a talent KDH is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mason Mount would be a very strong candidate for the most absurdly over hyped player by the English press. 

Honestly can't think of another player with such a wild disconnect between their talent and their hype. Maybe Grealish but that's died down a bit since he's gone to City and the penny has dropped that he stood out at Villa because they were awful. 

Mounts return this season is pretty good though to be fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Mounts return this season is pretty good though to be fair.

Stood out like a sore thumb at the euros, the disconnect between the average level of the English starting XI and his performances was staggering. One of the worst international performances whilst playing in an other wise quality side that ive seen, stick someone like bellingham in instead and we walk alway with the trophy fairly comfortably.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Stood out like a sore thumb at the euros, the disconnect between the average level of the English starting XI and his performances was staggering. One of the worst international performances whilst playing in an other wise quality side that ive seen, stick someone like bellingham in instead and we walk alway with the trophy fairly comfortably.

He's always been pretty crap for England which is what makes it all so strange how he's Sputhgates main man. For all the shit the likes of Pickford, Maguire and to a certain extent Sterling get for Southgate always picking them, at least for the most part they turn up for England regardless of their club form.

Mount is dog mess for England, don't know if it's the system or because he's not actually that good (I've seen him have some unreal games for Chelsea) but based on how bad he's been for England he shouldn't be in the squad, let alone 1st choice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's always been pretty crap for England which is what makes it all so strange how he's Sputhgates main man. For all the shit the likes of Pickford, Maguire and to a certain extent Sterling get for Southgate always picking them, at least for the most part they turn up for England regardless of their club form.

Mount is dog mess for England, don't know if it's the system or because he's not actually that good (I've seen him have some unreal games for Chelsea) but based on how bad he's been for England he shouldn't be in the squad, let alone 1st choice.

Imagine the grief Southgate would get for not picking him with this seasons stats. I'm not a huge fan of either really but Southgate will get pelters either way regarding him 

28 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Not sure about that but yeah wasn't great at the euros.  Think he was mainly in there to make sure our midfield was defensively sound as Grealish would have been better option going forward yet with Sterling's performing so well he couldn't be dropped.

Bellingham I think will likely start the world cup if he carries on in his current form although I think its more likely to be in place of Phillips to be honest.

1 minute ago, foxes1988 said:

Not sure about that but yeah wasn't great at the euros.  Think he was mainly in there to make sure our midfield was defensively sound as Grealish would have been better option going forward yet with Sterling's performing so well he couldn't be dropped.

Bellingham I think will likely start the world cup if he carries on in his current form although I think its more likely to be in place of Phillips to be honest.

I can't think of many, if any players who were starters in a Euro Final side that stunk the place out almost every time they touched grass. Sure there are loads of players who have played worse as starters for international sides but not as finalists.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I can't think of many, if any players who were starters in a Euro Final side that stunk the place out almost every time they touched grass. Sure there are loads of players who have played worse as starters for international sides but not as finalists.

He was one of the best players on the pitch in the cup final against us. International football is pretty dogshit even Messi has looked average at times. It generally serves as a flag waving exercise.

5 hours ago, jamesp26 said:

Also loved the way he headed to the cornerflag when he won the ball at the end. Kelly waving his arms about but KDH smart and made the right decision.

Agreed. It was almost as enjoyable as his goal.