Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

13 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

He’s a machine. I think he could play 180 minutes of football, and still be fresh.

He definitely plays in the proper manor for the rest of the team to relate to.

(EDIT: I hope you ASWIDT ;) :D )

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All this talk about Maddison , there is a lot of competition in the England midfield , that is why he isn't there. Why aren't people more concerned that Wesley Fofana is yet to win any international recognition?

Maybe because the lad is just coming back from having his ankle snapped 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Wesley is the most expensive teenage defender in history I think. He has had no recognition at any level with France.

He was in the France u21s before his injury. Unfortunately for Wes, he represents a country that is ridiculously stacked and they have a manager that is about as risk averse as you'll get.

• Like 3

Easily my player of the season, especially if he maintains putting in these monster performances. Maddison has been impressive, but KDH never goes missing in a game. It's such an important characteristic of his. We've not had a player like him since Kanté who just constantly wants to be involved in play and move the ball up the pitch. Absolute hero.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Madison hasn’t helped himself he embarrassed the England manager and he has shown to be “trust” based guy Southgate, he deserves a second chance but won’t be for this tournament 

A number of players who Southgate does pick have embarrassed him too but he makes allowances for some and not others. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

All this talk about Maddison , there is a lot of competition in the England midfield , that is why he isn't there. Why aren't people more concerned that Wesley Fofana is yet to win any international recognition?

He was first choice for France's U21 team before his injury?

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sometimes it seems, not getting what you want is a good thing!!!

Like Man Utd/Ferguson got it wrong as they pulled out of the deal to sign Henderson due to concerns over is running style causing injuries!

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Southgate tends to play without a number 10 now and prefers more of a box to box type with high pressing/pressures, which was perceived as Maddisons weakness in his game. KDH is made for Southgates system and if he continues to improve will be more likely to break into the England squad than Madders. Fofana has only had 2 full seasons playing senior football, aged 20 and France are pretty stacked in defence, so could take a couple of seasons to break through into the French senior squad. 

Bellingham

Rice

Phillips 

Ward-Prowse

Henderson

Gallagher 

Only players I can see competing with KDH for an England place. He'd be in my 4 central mid choices from that lot but difficult to see Southgate not picking Henderson, Rice, Phillips and Bellingham if all fit. 

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Like Man Utd/Ferguson got it wrong as they pulled out of the deal to sign Henderson due to concerns over is running style causing injuries!

...that is a strange one!!!

I suppose if you are about to invest in an asset then you need to make sure you pick the one not so likely to breakdown too often.

Fofana has a strange gait and you wonder how he manages to get from a to b.

Apparently Fergie claims he has only two regrets regarding players, and that is letting Jaap Stam  and Johnny Evans go.

• Like 1

Every single English player who breaks into our match team gets pushed by some as an England international  prospect and yet we seem to forget that we have plenty of current internationals for other nations. We are an English club but our fanbase is by no means entirely English. To our fans from other countries playing for England is of limited importance.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is a strange one!!!

I suppose if you are about to invest in an asset then you need to make sure you pick the one not so likely to breakdown too often.

Fofana has a strange gait and you wonder how he manages to get from a to b.

Apparently Fergie claims he has only two regrets regarding players, and that is letting Jaap Stam  and Johnny Evans go.

Fergie didn't let Evans go. Fergie retired in 2013, Evans didn't leave until 2015.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Fergie didn't let Evans go. Fergie retired in 2013, Evans didn't leave until 2015.

.....I stand corrected!!!

Taken from a 2017 article.

Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has claimed Sir Alex Ferguson was left speechless by ex-Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal's decision to sell Jonny Evans to West Brom.

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Jonny Evans (AMA)

Evans has gone on to be an integral member of Tony Pulis' first team and is set to be offered a new £100,000-a-week deal including the captaincy to stay at the Hawthorns.

Evans was sold for just £6m, but is now valued in excess of £20m, with O'Neil believing the 29-year-old is the best British defender in the Premier League.

Leicester had a £10m bid rejected out of hand last week and the Baggies will not be encouraging any more interest.

"When I look around the Premier League and see British centre-backs, I don't see anyone better," said the Northern Ireland boss in an interview with the Belfast Telegraph.

"I look at Gary Cahill at Chelsea and Chris Smalling at Manchester United and Jonny Evans is every bit as good as them.

"His move away from Manchester United to West Brom was maybe the right thing for him at that stage in his career but he is a player who I believe can play right at the top of the Premier League.

"He was an absolute bargain at £6million which I believe West Brom paid for him and if you are asking me is he worth £20million, I think he is a bargain at that price.

"Given that people are talking about Southampton's Virgil Van Dijk as a £50million player, that makes Jonny Evans sound cheap at £20million. If he goes to Leicester I think it is a good move for him."

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I stand corrected!!!

Taken from a 2017 article.

Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has claimed Sir Alex Ferguson was left speechless by ex-Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal's decision to sell Jonny Evans to West Brom.

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Jonny Evans (AMA)

Evans has gone on to be an integral member of Tony Pulis' first team and is set to be offered a new £100,000-a-week deal including the captaincy to stay at the Hawthorns.

Evans was sold for just £6m, but is now valued in excess of £20m, with O'Neil believing the 29-year-old is the best British defender in the Premier League.

Leicester had a £10m bid rejected out of hand last week and the Baggies will not be encouraging any more interest.

"When I look around the Premier League and see British centre-backs, I don't see anyone better," said the Northern Ireland boss in an interview with the Belfast Telegraph.

"I look at Gary Cahill at Chelsea and Chris Smalling at Manchester United and Jonny Evans is every bit as good as them.

"His move away from Manchester United to West Brom was maybe the right thing for him at that stage in his career but he is a player who I believe can play right at the top of the Premier League.

"He was an absolute bargain at £6million which I believe West Brom paid for him and if you are asking me is he worth £20million, I think he is a bargain at that price.

"Given that people are talking about Southampton's Virgil Van Dijk as a £50million player, that makes Jonny Evans sound cheap at £20million. If he goes to Leicester I think it is a good move for him."

Man Utd’s current problems go back to van Gaal. He was the single most destructive manager ever, destroying Man Utd from the inside. He got rid of good players who were Man Utd through and through and got duds at extraordinary prices. It was a bad decision to sack Moyes and very bad decision to appoint van Gaal as manager. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Man Utd’s current problems go back to van Gaal. He was the single most destructive manager ever, destroying Man Utd from the inside. He got rid of good players who were Man Utd through and through and got duds at extraordinary prices. It was a bad decision to sack Moyes and very bad decision to appoint van Gaal as manager. 

....not sure the sacking of Moyes was the wrong thing to do as, he appeared out of his depth at the time!!!

It was clear that this had come too soon for him, and he was not ready for such a position which was endorsed by Sir Alex himself. Perhaps it might have been the best thing that could have happened to Moyes, as he went afield and came back with a renewed appetite for the Premier League.

• Like 1