Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

On 14/04/2022 at 22:37, Steve Earle said:

I’m not a detractor, he’s been wonderful for us since breaking into the team, but I thought he was poor tonight. Sorry. IMO

I did say I’d watch it again on TV. What can I say? I was wrong. Not his best game, but he was decent, and what a pass for Lookman to set up the winner.

Apologies all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/04/2022 at 08:22, Steve Earle said:

I’ll look at the game again but I lost count of the times he surrendered possession or misplaced his pass…

It was 5 times. If you struggle to count to 5 I probably won't listen to you opinion too much lol

On 15/04/2022 at 03:42, OhYesNdidi said:

‘Shut up shut up shut up shut up’ lol

In 97 sat myself at the bar, in front of the tele, in an Earls Court pub. A dozen or so Chelsea casuals then sat behind me. I spent 90 minutes plus extra time telling myself to shut up and sit still. 8 pints later and the dodgy pen, I think it was the subtle changes in body language that gave me away.

Linekers disallowed goal at Hampden Park blew my cover too.

A Leicester steward I knew chatting to me in the Forest away end..... werent great

Only ever got biffed once though, for congratulating Emile for a nice goal in a Fulham pub.

Great coverage but I could never have watched them games looking through a camera. Is there a way to strap em to your head nowadays?

Edit

As it is a KDH thread,

He is brilliant and I would risk a biffing for him any day of the week.

Edited by He aint bald

On 15/04/2022 at 08:52, An Sionnach said:

KDH has strangely been on the clubs books longer than any other player bar Harvey I think. Who his mentors were when he was a young kid would be an interesting question.

...didn't Matt Piper have him as one of his pupils!!!

He has always been rated as a very promising player, and the club had high hopes for him. I think the answer to why has it taken so long for us to see him perform in this way is quite simple, he grew up on loan.

nb.

I believe that was Harvey Barnes that Piper coached for a bit. Piper actually met him at a youth tournament and told him (KDH) that he was going to be a top class player. Apparently started to follow Piper on Twitter.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update

On 15/04/2022 at 08:47, jamesp26 said:

It was a very different game to Palace - as we largely controlled that one at home. You have to remember that this is his first big season, at the beginning of the campaign he was being played largely as an unknown. He does not have a huge amount of experience at this level.

He had a difficult first half, but everyone did. Nervy european night, and you can't expect everyone to be scoring worldies every game.  However, he started to show some great form in the 2nd half. If you watch the 2nd goal again, you see that KHD is at in the middle of a beautiful move where he controls the play and passes a sublime ball to lookman (great run too).  PSV would have loved to have had their KHD last night. To pull this off in a difficult, away match - pure class.

This guy captured it quite nicely!

.....just looking at Castagne's reaction to conceding the goal, waving his hand for the players to hurry up get the game restarted!!!

Tielemans looked crestfallen and Kasper came out to give him support

• Like 1

Love him. Absolutely love him. He’s the perfect midfielder in a 4-3-3, he’s a mezzala who is prepared to press and has great speed and athleticism. The thing about him is you can partner him with pretty much any other midfield type and he will make it work, whether it’s an anchor man, box to box player or a deep-lying playmaker. He’s a very high level all rounder and you need that in a high pressing team who want the majority of the ball. 

• Like 3

His first touch seems to just bounce off him or slip through his legs or pop up in the air or some such other seeming piece of what looks like miscontrol, but he never looks like he's not got the ball under control, if that makes sense. I've noticed it a lot the last few months, can't get my head round it but clearly it works. 

Needs a break. Saw Barnes breaking down the left into open space and he keeps the ball and gets caught up in the middle of the field. Him and Youri need a break and they're the two players we can't afford to lose. First 15 or 20 we're on fire with one touch passing and then we seem to lose it. Seems like mental fatigue. Even Mendy.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wonder if he could have done more to track Guimaraes for their 2nd...?

People blaming Tielemans for not making a foul 60 yards from goal but ignoring KDH totally losing Bruno. 

As it happens I think that goal was one of those things, a couple of minor mistakes from us, a couple of huge slices of fortune for them and a well-taken finish. But when the narrative train is in full motion it’s always the same people blamed and always the same people let off the hook.

And I know I’ve been guilty of that in the past too, it’s confirmation bias at its finest.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, ttfn said:

People blaming Tielemans for not making a foul 60 yards from goal but ignoring KDH totally losing Bruno. 

As it happens I think that goal was one of those things, a couple of minor mistakes from us, a couple of huge slices of fortune for them and a well-taken finish. But when the narrative train is in full motion it’s always the same people blamed and always the same people let off the hook.

And I know I’ve been guilty of that in the past too, it’s confirmation bias at its finest.

He didn't look that clever for the first either.