Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Needs to drastically improve his decision making if he wants to be a star at this level.

Solid hard worker and finds himself in amazing positions but he’s probably more guilty than most at squandering opportunities. There was one chance outside the box on his left foot, loads of space and he passed the opportunity to shoot but tried to take a man on by cutting back on his right but ended up losing the ball. A couple of occasions where he found loads of space in the left side of Everton’s pen area but poor passes led to nothing.

If he makes better decisions more often than not he’ll be a real force in our team.

10 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Needs to drastically improve his decision making if he wants to be a star at this level.

Solid hard worker and finds himself in amazing positions but he’s probably more guilty than most at squandering opportunities. There was one chance outside the box on his left foot, loads of space and he passed the opportunity to shoot but tried to take a man on by cutting back on his right but ended up losing the ball. A couple of occasions where he found loads of space in the left side of Everton’s pen area but poor passes led to nothing.

If he makes better decisions more often than not he’ll be a real force in our team.

Maddison is playing on the wing because of him

I do respect what KDH does, but he is not number 10 and not sure he will ever be

It was fun(not all the time) while it lasted, but move him behind and play Maddison where he belongs

Edited by tsintskaro

6 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

I do respect what KDH does, but he is not number 10 and not sure he will ever be

It was fun(not all the time) while it lasted, but move him behind and play Maddison where he belongs

Would love to see Maddison back there but think BR won’t because he can’t press anywhere near as good as KDH.

15 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

.. in a  4-3-3, Maddison could take up a position behind a two up front, in effect, the #10 role!!!

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I wouldn't say drastically improve, but improvement is needed and would be most welcome and felt.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2022 at 17:32, StanSP said:

Wonder if he could have done more to track Guimaraes for their 2nd...?

A fresh KDh would have managed it. Unfortunately he's our hardest working player by a mile and is rarely afforded the luxury of a rest

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

this is really his first full season of first team football. He’s doing great. You can already see his determination to be the best he can be. He’ll work even harder to get even better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

this is really his first full season of first team football. He’s doing great. You can already see his determination to be the best he can be. He’ll work even harder to get even better.

At this level anyway :D. I agree though, you can already see he's adapting and becoming quicker in his decision making and execution. Even the player he is, is one of the first names on the team sheet. If he continues to imrpove next season, the media will be looking to sell him and Fofana next summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. in a  4-3-3, Maddison could take up a position behind a two up front, in effect, the #10 role!!!

I don't think Rodgers trusts Leicester to play a 4-2-3-1 without Ndidi in the side. Hence why maddison is on the wing in a 4-3-3. 

Therefore I can't see KDH moving deeper to accommodate a No.10 ahead until next season when they may look for him to take over from Youri which will be a huge ask.

4 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I don't think Rodgers trusts Leicester to play a 4-2-3-1 without Ndidi in the side. Hence why maddison is on the wing in a 4-3-3. 

Therefore I can't see KDH moving deeper to accommodate a No.10 ahead until next season when they may look for him to take over from Youri which will be a huge ask.

...I am not looking to play a 4-2-3-1 in this instance!!!

The premise was to get Maddison in the #10, in a 4-3-3, we could get him in a #10 role:

Kasper

Castagne   Fofana  Evans  Justin

Ndidi

Tielemans        KDH

Maddison

Daka                      Nacho

Out of possession it becomes a flat 4-3-3.

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

At this level anyway :D. I agree though, you can already see he's adapting and becoming quicker in his decision making and execution. Even the player he is, is one of the first names on the team sheet. If he continues to imrpove next season, the media will be looking to sell him and Fofana next summer.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they look to sell Fofana this summer…. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...to get the full value of our better players we need to sell them before we wish to!!!

Selling Fofana now would be something like £80m, the longer his contract runs down the less we will get.

He's still got 5 years left, so while I understand what you mean. 3, 4 or 5 years remaining, the effect of contract length on price will be negligible till you hit the 2-2.5 year mark.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, murphy said:

Tbf, Vardy has been appreciated in a lot of other threads too.

I know that but even so such a thread in your first season as a senior player is some going.

And an awesome song 😂😂

Edited by sylofox

I followed him every week at Luton. A midfielder of industrial strength was the message I got. Absolutely what we needed. I think its time to push Braybrooke hard. He is a little fellow but so are Modric and Harvey Elliott and that has been no barrier to their success.

• Like 1

Home grown player will always swing it fans’ minds I think. I also think Maddison should be winning it, but KDH would still be a good shout and nowhere near as bad as some other winners, for example the time Maguire was voted it ahead of Vardy in a season where Vardy was basically a one man team and we had a relegation quality defence and conceded about 70 league goals,

Wouldn’t be surprised if Maddison won Players’ Player and KDH won Supporters’ Player.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bert said:

Absolute travesty if Maddison doesn’t get it 

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Think KDH's emergence and Rodgers opting to take our most dangerous player and play him out of position for the final 3rd of the season will swing it. Scandalous.

Recency bias is pretty big to be fair. 

But yes, should be Madders. Madders best player, KDH best young player I guess. 

• Like 3