Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Recency bias is pretty big to be fair. 

But yes, should be Madders. Madders best player, KDH best young player I guess. 

Spot on. Additional prize for Fofana. Make up your own title. Best ever injury comeback?

Edited by Supergray22

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Recency bias is pretty big to be fair. 

But yes, should be Madders. Madders best player, KDH best young player I guess. 

Too old for young player I think. Part of me thinks a lot of the KDH votes will be because he’s “one of our own”. 

• Like 1

Do we know what the cut off age is for young player of the year internally or via fan groups? For PFA I believe they use 21 (formerly 23). In terms of (in)experience he qualifies in our minds but then you remember he's not the 20/21 year old his appearance numbers suggest. Regardless, the moment I saw him pre-season I knew we had a player there, a contender to be involved week in week out and albeit different players probably made it an easier decision to let Praet move out on loan. 

Also when it comes to rating and comparing, the fact that a good chunk of his input is the unattractive stuff, pressing, work rate, covering the ground etc makes it apples v oranges but he has a forward thinking drive that gets us up the pitch and creativity that makes him so much more than just "hard-working". 

It's potentially an interesting angle on the Tielemans situation, if we lose Youri could Ndidi / K D-H / Maddison be a more than adequate three with Barnes on the left and the Youri money spent on a significant improvement on the right rather than a Tielemans replacement? Would still take Lookman and trade in Perez to add to the funds. Previously I've said offer 80% of the Tielemans fee for Ward-Prowse or Loftus-Cheek (what is it with all these double barrelled midfielders!) but K DH's emergence may mean other areas could be strengthened instead. Soumare needs to contribute something more or we will be short of bodies though whether in Europe or not.

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Maddison is a player to build a team around.  KDH is an invaluable player.

...we are already building the team around KDH!!!

Next season I can see Rodgers opting for a compromised team of:

Kasper

Fofana         Evans         Soyuncu

Castagne       Soumare      KDH      JJ

Maddison

De Ketelaere   Vardy

Players su8ch as Barnes or Lookman to come on to change the dynamics. I still can't see him bringing in the RW and he is not too pleased with how Barnes contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Really starting to feel like his honeymoon period is over now.. Hasn’t been able to control a football the past 2 or 3 games.

You can blame “tiredness” and “being overplayed”, but that shouldn’t affect what you do on the ball and you’re ability to control a ball instead of bouncing out of play or straight to the opposition.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Last 2 Roma games tells you where he is and the hype was bit overreaction 

He has a lot to learn 

Harsh, our hardest working player in both games and at least tried to get a shot on target. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Harsh, our hardest working player in both games and at least tried to get a shot on target. 

No, its not harsh. We already know he will never be lazy type and work his socks off

He did run a lot but without purpose

Those shots made no sense and his passes were irrelevant 

He gave them corner which they scored

I mean i respect "He gives us all" part, but sometimes that "all" lacks everything except motivation 

Team was shite overall and Manager was the worst, I am not blaming everything on KDH, just saying hype was overreaction as it always is when it comes to leicester acadey lads

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

His close control, or lack of it, let’s him down in the big matches.

This is it for me. Can’t question his commitment and I think he’s probably been our 2nd best player this season after Maddison, but his ball control/close control in tight areas is his major weakness and opposition teams will soon start to cotton on to it and start to target him with aggressive pressing for quick turnovers if he doesn’t improve in that area.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Victim of everyone else being shite IMO, in an ideal world he can do his job of working hard, winning the ball, recovering possession and playing nice and simple passes. We currently need him to be creative too. 

None of that has anything to do with him being unable to control a football though. We can’t just say “ahh well, players shouldn’t pass to him, it shouldn’t be his job to receive a pass” in the modern game.

Now that people have stopped making every unrelated excuse under the sun to defend Tielemans being unable to make a simple pass. It now seems to be KDH’s turn to get every excuse under the sun which are completely unrelated to what the actual fundamental problems with his performance were.

He was as shite as anyone else because of his own performance, not because he was “a victim” of other players being shite. Other player’s performances might affect certain things like his positioning or pressing levels, but they should never affect his ability to control a football.

He’s had a good season overall but sometimes people just don’t want to call a spade a spade when it comes to individual performances in individual games.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

On the flip side his performances vs Rennes and PSV (especially away) were excellent and deserved praise, so why is it that praising such is over reaction but slating poor performances isn't? 

We had no success as a team in creating space. Every time KDH or any other player received the ball they resorted to taking on 2-3 players each time until they were crowded out.

He has shown that he does well when there is space to run into and people to close down. Last night had none of those opportunities.

• Like 1