Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Think he's usually very good recieving the ball under pressure and twisting and turning to make himself a bit of space, just looked like it didn't go his way last night, probably not helped by the ref letting roma players give him a shove any time he looked to squeeze past

• Like 2

KDH has arguably been our player of the season, with Maddison. This is his first season in the Premier league, and since his first game he has been ever present in the side all season. He only got to rest against Tottenham, he played in all of the meaningless Everton, Villa and Newcastle games. The style of play for KDH is all action. There was nothing in any of those games and we could see a player who is fatigued last night.  Youri has been poor for a while, and again has had 1 game rest before the biggest game of our season. KDH played like he had nothing left in him last night, hence his decision making, touch being off and shots dragged wide. He is very talented, In my opinion a possible future captain for our side. We do need a big rebuild, but for me KDH starts every game when fit. 

We all love to have a player come through the academy and play for us, Thomas and Barnes have showed little this season. Barnes since his injury has not been the same player, KDH has impressed almost every game he plays. For me, he can be the captain of our side. 

• Like 1

Blizzare that a shining light in a poor season gets critiqued so often, when there are so many other poor performers ahead in the cue that have offered very little or looked half the player they did in the last few seasons.

Not to mention it being KDH debut season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Victim of everyone else being shite IMO, in an ideal world he can do his job of working hard, winning the ball, recovering possession and playing nice and simple passes. We currently need him to be creative too. 

Agreed. Doesn't help him at all when Youri is practically invisible at times and Barnes offering very little support out wide. Yes, his close control isn't the best and he needs to work on that, but it's easy for opposition to put him under pressure when they don't have to worry about covering the non-existent outlets.

When things have clicked and we've been on top of games he's been fantastic at driving forwards and giving us some attacking impetus. When it's a tougher battle in the middle of the park though there's very little cohesion in our squad and they all look worse for it.

Of all the players in the squad, he's the one I'm most certain of will go away and work on his game independently and come back better for it. Just need others to do the same and we might start getting somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

On the flip side his performances vs Rennes and PSV (especially away) were excellent and deserved praise, so why is it that praising such is over reaction but slating poor performances isn't? 

Yes those performances deserved praise and he got all of it

As already mentioned on this page he lacks certain skills and that was shown in this big match

overreaction was that people here believed (and so did Brendan) he could play more creative, number 10 role, which he cant 

KDH was revelation in this season, there is no doubt about that, but Maddison has played out of position quit often because of this not very smart idea that KDH is new KDB

I think he’s starting to suffer from too much exposure to Brendan. More recently he’s opted to take the safer options and it looks like he’s overthinking a lot of his play whereas before he would press and push on. 

Too many if our younger players are starting to regress. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Gave the ball away more than anyone last night. Maddison was by far our best player. 

Maddison was quality too.

Ok. KDH was our 2nd best player. I strongly disagree with anyone slating him or saying that he’s over rated after Roma.

The overall poor performance was the result of a tactical error, a team lacking belief, and incredibly stupid preparation, not the player on our team making the most effort getting an occasional pass / control / shot wrong.

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Gave the ball away more than anyone last night. Maddison was by far our best player. 

Just fyi Maddison gave it away the most, more than twice as much as KDH

KDH left, Madders right

9F3A50B4-AA44-4C00-99A8-A5DCAFDFFEE4.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

He won the ball more than anyone too. Let’s not criticise him for being the most involved!

I’m not criticising him to put him down. Just saying it how I saw it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Just fyi Maddison gave it away the most, more than twice as much as KDH

KDH left, Madders right

9F3A50B4-AA44-4C00-99A8-A5DCAFDFFEE4.jpeg

Love Maddison and he's been great this season but yesterday he was one of the biggest culprits of holding on to the ball and taking to many touches rather than playing the easy pass.

I got a job stacking pallets and was pretty good at it for the first 2 weeks, so they gave me extra hours. Then the boss gave me more congested pallet aisles to restack and started micro managing my fork lift techniques. I got tired, lost confidence and broke my arm.

Edited by He aint bald
aisles spelling
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Keep

Generally yes, but thought he was awful again today as he has been the past 3 or 4 games now.

He gives the ball away so often with his awful first touch. Yes, he's good at winning the ball back, but in possession he has such a glaring flaw which causes our attacks to break down too much and I think teams are starting to target it.

Saw a stat the other day that he tops out "unsuccessful touches" stat this season and that's despite barely playing in the first half of the season.

On 08/05/2022 at 16:24, Sampson said:

Generally yes, but thought he was awful again today as he has been the past 3 or 4 games now.

He gives the ball away so often with his awful first touch. Yes, he's good at winning the ball back, but in possession he has such a glaring flaw which causes our attacks to break down too much and I think teams are starting to target it.

Saw a stat the other day that he tops out "unsuccessful touches" stat this season and that's despite barely playing in the first half of the season.

Think you need to look up the definition of awful. He's far from it.

• Like 2

I must need my eyes testing. Along with most of the team, the Roma away and Everton games were his poorest yet, but he was very good last night again. Every team, even the best teams need a workhorse midfielder who is found at either end of the pitch all game, that's what KDH is. No he hasn't got the technique of KDB but he's very effective and has been a revelation. 

• Like 3

Played a deeper role last night than he had during his strong spell as a forward out of possession and a roaming ACM in possession but I thought he did pretty well. 

First touch is a weakness, that doesn't mean fans think he's crap or anything but if he sharpens that up and his end product improves which it's starting to then we've a monster of a player, he's had a brilliant first season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Think you need to look up the definition of awful. He's far from it.

You realise you’re quoting my post after the Everton game right? I do think he was awful in that game, never said he was awful as a player at all. Was great yesterday.

Edited by Sampson